Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 05:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The media, the political correctness, social media...its all getting out of hand. This guy is being chased out of town for a word. A word said by some of the most "popular" people in this country. Yet he says it, then apologizes which still isnt enough, and now hes being run out of town. Meanwhile, the usual "popular" folks will still say it constantly, people will listen to music that glorifies this word.

At least two NFL players said some horrible things after a trial verdict. Nothing happened to them. Chris Rock can say the N word over and over, can tell people to suck his ____. He is rewarded with parts in Disney shows/movies.

And you're right. I bet 70 percent of the NFL players listen to lyrics in music that are equal to or worse than what this Eagles player said. Yet now half of them come out with their faux outrage and threats.

Players have killed people, committed DUI's, and they are playing in the league with out much of a peep from the same folks bashing this Eagles player.

Screw em all. Screw all you politically correct jerks.
This case has not a damn thing to do with political correctness. That's a strawman in this case.

He used the word as a pejorative towards a man that was only doing his job. This isn't a case of him singing some rap lyrics, or using it colloquially. That would be different. Then you'd have a case with your argument. But that's not what happened.

There's a huge distinction here, and you just don't wanna see it.

Moreover, I'm sure a white person snitched him out. And that should tell you all you need to know about how appalling it was.

Frankly, I think they're going overboard with the intensity of the coverage, and the attempts to malign the guy are pathetic. I'm against taking a small moment of a man's existence and extrapolating that over his WHOLE life. It's not fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 05:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The media, the political correctness, social media...its all getting out of hand. This guy is being chased out of town for a word. A word said by some of the most "popular" people in this country. Yet he says it, then apologizes which still isnt enough, and now hes being run out of town. Meanwhile, the usual "popular" folks will still say it constantly, people will listen to music that glorifies this word.

At least two NFL players said some horrible things after a trial verdict. Nothing happened to them. Chris Rock can say the N word over and over, can tell people to suck his ____. He is rewarded with parts in Disney shows/movies.

And you're right. I bet 70 percent of the NFL players listen to lyrics in music that are equal to or worse than what this Eagles player said. Yet now half of them come out with their faux outrage and threats.

Players have killed people, committed DUI's, and they are playing in the league with out much of a peep from the same folks bashing this Eagles player.

Screw em all. Screw all you politically correct jerks.
The only people I've heard use the word were either: racist, low class, or a criminal...no matter their own background.

Comparing "context" is playing right into the division that those folks perpetuate, live in, and choose to embrace instead of being their own person.

Ignore them all.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Lol counseling.....smh

unreal

just put the man down...seriously

Old 08-02-2013, 05:15 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'll send you a copy..it's hilarious. Never read anything like it.
Post it! Or should I?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:23 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Lol counseling.....smh

unreal

Its really insanity how they're completely overblowing this thing. Counseling for a stupid word? Should he have said it? No. But its not against the law. I've never heard someone getting counseling for saying a word.

Does anyone recommend counseling to Chris Rock for the vile things he says? No, he gets rewarded. Or how about the player who said a jury should kill themselves? Nope, not a damn thing happened to him. No word from his team or the league. And telling someone to suck your ------ or to kill themselves is a thousand times worse than the stupid n word. But, that's in realville. This society no longer is in realville.

And I bet, every single person who is going after this guy has said things far worse than the n word, and some probably use the word themselves. Hypocrites, and the worst kind.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:28 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
I must note that at least I can take comfort that most of the comments I've read on sports sites and others, since they appear to reflect common sense and most realize how over blown this is and the hypocrisy in it all.

Unfortunately, the media and other loud mouths carry the most weight in our twisted, pathetic society. The PC police, race merchants, and liberals have the most pressure nowadays and they tend to drown out most voices of reason.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Post it! Or should I?
I already did.

I thought you said we were DONE?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The only people I've heard use the word were either: racist, low class, or a criminal...no matter their own background.

Comparing "context" is playing right into the division that those folks perpetuate, live in, and choose to embrace instead of being their own person.

Ignore them all.
You sure as hell were asking a lot of question for someone that's NOW giving advice to people to ignore the whole thing altogether. Why didn't you take your own advice?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Lol counseling.....smh

unreal

It's a one week story. It'll be forgotten soon enough.

I have no idea why he's seeking counseling except maybe he doesn't like his behavior when he's drunk. No need for counseling there...just put the effin' sauce down.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You sure as hell were asking a lot of question for someone that's NOW giving advice to people to ignore the whole thing altogether. Why didn't you take your own advice?
It's called learning.

My experience has always been just what I said: racists, criminals, and low class (ignorant) folks use the word. I was trying to ascertain more info as to reevaluate my position.

After my conversation with you...my position remains unchanged.

That's why my advice stands as well: just ignore those that use it and the games they play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies