Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:14 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,373,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
See this is the insanity that is conservative belief. They believe that the whole media is out to get them. LOLOL.

One cannot debate insane beliefs. The human mind can twist itself in knots to believe anything.

There is no liberal media. The media's purpose is not to be against conservatives. So the likelihood that the whole media would be against conservatives is a fiction invented by conservatives to explain why their ideas look so bad under media scrutiny.

Its not that their ideas and policies are crap and don't hold up, but that all of those reporters and their producers and their bosses are against them. LOLOLOL

Talk about playing the victim. No one plays the victim more than conservatives who claim they are under attack from nearly every segment of American society, from the media to pop culture/hollywood, to public schools, to nation's top universities, to climate scientists, to silicon valley, to the nation's largest cities, conservatives believe all of those institutions are out to get them. LOLOLOLOL

Insanity.

So, instead of debating the points of the argument, you just resort to calling people insane again...

I am compelled to quote the film Billy Madison at this point:

Quote:
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 01:33 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,223,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The conservative fantasy of a liberal media that is against them just shows how insane beliefs are now mainstream in the conservative party.

Again, the media's purpose is not to be political adversaries of the conservatives. So the idea that all the tv reporters and all the tv commentators, and all the tv producers, and all the tv writers, all the tv news network heads, all the newspaper reporters, all the news paper editors, all the newspaper columnists, all the newspaper publishers and owners, all the magazine reporters, all the magazine editors, all the magazine columnists, and all the magazine publishers and owners are against conservatives makes no sense in any shape way or form.

Again the fact that conservatives belief this insanity is proof of just how far off the rails they have gone.
The OP's article is nothing more than the opinion of one person. On a liberal or progressive website. There have been numerous academic/scientific studies to show the bias of mainstream media. Studies repeatedly show that journalists are vastly different from the general public and overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Only an idiot cannot accept that journalists can try to be unbiased but since they are humans like all of us, can't avoid bias in what is written.

http://scholar.harvard.edu/barro/fil...almedia_bw.pdf

The Media Elite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't believe ALL media intentionally favors liberal viewpoints. But I believe most media outlets are biased toward liberal positions. I believe entertainment - TV and movies - leans left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies