Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 04:57 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,205,970 times

Advertisements

Sheriff's deputy describes mysterious priest - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 05:47 PM

24,446 posts, read 23,114,427 times
One thing's certain. If an Angel ever did appear, or God, or Jesus, the ones hitting the floor flat on their faces in in fear would be the very ones who claim to doubt their existence. The rest, the believers, would greet them with love and respect and joy.
You question the existence God, Angels, ghosts and aliens but believe in global warming and the ability of the government to solve complex social and economic problems..... You have faith and belief in some things you can't see or prove but not in others. Fascinating.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:56 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,274,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
One thing's certain. If an Angel ever did appear, or God, or Jesus, the ones hitting the floor flat on their faces in in fear would be the very ones who claim to doubt their existence. The rest, the believers, would greet them with love and respect and joy.
You question the existence God, Angels, ghosts and aliens but believe in global warming and the ability of the government to solve complex social and economic problems..... You have faith and belief in some things you can't see or prove but not in others. Fascinating.
Not as fascinating as you "logic". Seriously, do you listen to yourself?

Old 08-10-2013, 05:59 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,274,207 times
I would point out that eye witness accounts are KNOWN to be unreliable and "misremembering" things and groupthink have been proven....but it doesn't really matter.

What matters to me is people who believe things just because they want to, that's just silly. If people like thinking it could be real it because it makes them feel good I really don't care though.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:23 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,343,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Who do you think you are addressing/speaking for exactly?

Old 08-10-2013, 07:45 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,040,808 times
Many years ago I was lying on my stomach with my hands cupped over my head in the jungle an m16 against my skull,I slowly worked my hands down toward my ears and face as I did not want bullets deflecting off my knuckles.I wanted a clean painless kill.I prayed to my guardian angels and was left sitting there with 2 others with no one in site.We found our way out and till this day we are not sure if we were shot and reincarnated or not.We will never know.I will never forget releasing the adrenilan rush though we shook for hours.I have no clue if I am still the same Man from that day or not so don't think you know more than me and I know nothing.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't hate God. I just fall in line with Griffis post why the hell didn't the angel stop the wreck to begin with.

Because this isn't a Carrie Underwood song.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:55 PM

998 posts, read 1,216,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Bronco fans used to think this guy was their God. They wised up though.......
Wised up how?

Old 08-10-2013, 08:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,958 times
Here's what bothers me about things like this--what happens if the priest shows up? Does that mean that God wasn't with that girl already because the priest turns out to be a mortal man? I think the world we live in is a miracle, and God works THROUGH US to do extraordinary things--in this case he worked through the firefighters, police, and the priest--if we choose to let him in our hearts. Although I'm not going to say that supernatural events are impossible (nothing is ever impossible, but I think they're highly improbable), I don't think God needs them to prove to us that he's there.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:05 PM

551 posts, read 1,592,363 times
Thank you for your thoughtful post. I hadn't thought of bi-location and saints. I thought of angels. No matter who was there it was a miracle sent by God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
The issue of temporality, or what many of us refer to as "time," would seem to involve inquiries into a God that is all knowing within a context of granting free will.

Temporal | Define Temporal at Dictionary.com

God is outside, or at least not limited by time or space, the cause of the Big Bang, and the cause of an intelligently ordered and designed world whether or not it's self creations are formed through evolutionary algorithmic processes. For such a God the history of man on earth began and ended, so to speak, at the exact point of the Big Bang.

God can know outcomes in human history before, for humans, they temporally occur, because in terms of our comprehension of time the history of mankind and our individual lives with all our free wills executed, ended before we were born.

God won the history of mankind, and Satan lost it, because God has chosen to be active in the lives of man.

An angel--or bi-locating priest like Padre Pio--can be used by God, such as in this car accident, to teach other or remind others with free will of trajectories towards God or trajectories towards Satan the great antagonist. Teaching within the context of an era of mankind that not only has automobiles but TV's and the internet.

If atheists were smarter than God how is it God gets atheists yapping but atheists have yet to find a way to get God to jump at the snap of their fingers?

Bilocation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Bilocation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies