Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 03:02 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,751,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Actually King George would be considered a pike compared to what our federal government does to its own. The Federal government does not and refuses to do the people's business. Instead it does the business for those companies with the deepest pockets. Influences US Supreme court decisions to benefit a small well placed population such as the taking of private property for the benefit of for-profit businesses. Corporations are then deemed "a person". And the decree that forced payment of for-profit insurance premiums is "a Tax". Allow millions of illegals to cross over our borders and use our infrastructure payed for by taxpayers taking full advantage of taxpayer funded social programs that many natives are not qualified for. Encourage the outsourcing of millions of jobs. Now its time for another war, so now let females fight as grunts on the ground. Nothing at all like King George. A matter of fact his government had no wish to fight a sustained war with the colonies. If they did we would have lost.
I know, could image what the colonists would do in this day an age...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 03:07 PM

73,098 posts, read 62,737,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
and it all could have been avoided, if we just bought the slaves, gave them freedom and sent them back, like most in the north wanted to, it would have easier, alot cheaper then the civil war, and 650,000 people would have not died.
Tell me the truth. Do you really want to see Black people deported and removed from this nation?

Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,829,547 times
Not quite the 1870s, but Pillsbury takes you back to 1869 with their biscuits:

Old 09-05-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Tell me the truth. Do you really want to see Black people deported and removed from this nation?
Me? no, but you are aware that was the plan that was going to have happen, Lincoln himself was a very bigoted man. the idea he wanted equality and civil rights is a damn lie.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:43 PM

73,098 posts, read 62,737,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Me? no, but you are aware that was the plan that was going to have happen, Lincoln himself was a very bigoted man. the idea he wanted equality and civil rights is a damn lie.
Well, now that we know you don't want to see that happen, we can move on to the next part of the discussion. I never said anything about Lincoln being a saint. I know Lincoln wasn't a friend of Blacks. However, I have absolutely no reason to side with the Confederacy.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:14 PM

The more the regressive statist talk the more I think they want to take us to the dark ages...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies