Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:06 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I agree with you. I feel its mostly the fault of the people for allowing it. Many get so caught up in partisan BS they can't rationally think about what's going on in this country...
And many people are now so clueless about right and wrong, they are unable to ascertain when wrong happens. Especially to someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 10:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I notice this kind of garbage mostly happens in "gun free" areas.
This occurred in Georgia, not a "gun free" area.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
The sheriff had an arrest warrant for Natania Griffin, the mother in the video. Reportedly, she failed to pay a civil fine.

Perhaps if they had opened the door after verifying with 911, the sheriff could have taken mama away and called it a night.

The family chose not to do so and the whole thing accelerated.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:23 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The sheriff had an arrest warrant for Natania Griffin, the mother in the video. Reportedly, she failed to pay a civil fine.

Perhaps if they had opened the door after verifying with 911, the sheriff could have taken mama away and called it a night.

Yes, clearly sending a team of officers in SWAT gear with guns drawn in the middle of the night is an appropriate way to approach collecting civil fines. Threatening to tase and cane her sons was just icing.

People who owe parking tickets, watch out. Some Americans feel this is an appropriate way for the police to collect your unpaid fines.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Wrong the family did NOT have to open the door as is their right. Let the deputies crash the door down.

Would have looked even worse for the Sheriff had the door been broken down over 15 day late fee.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Yes, clearly sending a team of officers in SWAT gear with guns drawn in the middle of the night is an appropriate way to approach collecting civil fines. Threatening to tase and cane her sons was just icing.

People who owe parking tickets, watch out. Some Americans feel this is an appropriate way for the police to collect your unpaid fines.
They did it to my best friend about a month ago. He's never been to jail before in his life.

He missed one fine over a non-threatening traffic offense. They arrested him instead of simply calling him and letting him know to pay the fine.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:00 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
They did it to my best friend about a month ago. He's never been to jail before in his life.

He missed one fine over a non-threatening traffic offense. They arrested him instead of simply calling him and letting him know to pay the fine.
Did they bust down the door in the middle of the night?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:14 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,928,902 times
I didn't need to watch the entire vid to see that an apparent moron, too stupid to open the door so the police could SEE that there was no issues in the house and everything was safe but wants to start a lot of crap via the other morons on the internet. If moron had just opened the door, let the police check things out, this would have been over with in less than 2 minutes. Yes, I've had them come to my house as well with them at the wrong address. I let them in, they looked around for about 30 seconds, apologized, and left. Big deal. That's called supporting the folks that we pay to protect us. But then you'll have some psycho claim it's all about a police state- jeez, how do these people manage to walk among us. Frankly, they should have taken this complete dumbass to jail for failure to follow a police order. No, a search warrant is not required for them to have you open the door. I hope they throw the book at moron.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:25 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Typical. Is anyone surprised? When have cops not acted like this? I don't know maybe they were nicer back in the day to the majority. All I have ever known from cops was contempt and annoyance at best to down right abuse at their hands. The police have never helped me in the least bit.

When my car got stolen in college (sometime in the middle of the night), The police didn't come until late the next day to make note of the crime. He was looking at me like it was my fault my car got stolen. That is the most help I have ever gotten.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:25 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Sorry but this is typical cop behaviour! "Shoot first and ask Questions later".
These are Zimmermann types or the types who shot and killed Oscar Grant in Fruitvale station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies