Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 05:43 PM

818 posts, read 1,016,745 times

Advertisements

The 'it is what it is' and 'legalize it' attitudes of the typical lib are wrong and hurt the youth's potentials. Yet they are all about education and jobs then wonder why there are no jobs like it is supposed to be the govt's responsibility to 'create jobs'. How about not condoning drug use and making it seem like it supposed to be cool? Some of them actually smoke pot with their kids and let them openly smoke in their homes. How can this be good for them? What kind of example are they setting? Where are the priorities?

Giving your kids a good start in life includes keeping their minds clear to learn, not letting them openly party it up and 'get laid'. That is clearly not good parenting.

Last edited by Know Nonsense; 08-05-2013 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 05:52 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
How is pot worse than alcohol or cigarettes? It was more difficult for me to get alcohol in HS than pot (or any illegal drug for that matter).

Go war on drugs!

Old 08-05-2013, 05:57 PM

818 posts, read 1,016,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
How is pot worse than alcohol or cigarettes? It was more difficult for me to get alcohol in HS than pot (or any illegal drug for that matter).

Go war on drugs!
Typically brilliant lib response. This has nothing to do with the "war on drugs". Good parenting and education, Yes.

Education doesn't buy common sense or priorities, it never will. Thank God for what good teachers and parents there are, the ones that actually care and can see through the baloney.

Last edited by Know Nonsense; 08-05-2013 at 06:08 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 05:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
The 'it is what it is' and 'legalize it' attitudes of the typical lib are wrong and hurt the youth's potentials. Yet they are all about education and jobs then wonder why there are no jobs like it is supposed to be the govt's responsibility to 'create jobs'. How about not condoning drug use and making it seem like it supposed to be cool? Some of them actually smoke pot with their kids and let them openly smoke in their homes. How can this be good for them? What kind of example are they setting? Where are the priorities?

Giving your kids a good start in life includes keeping their minds clear to learn, not letting them openly party it up and 'get laid'. That is clearly not good parenting.
People drink beer, wine and other spirits in front of their kids. Oh, the horror! Think of the children!!

Old 08-05-2013, 05:59 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,657 times
Quote:

More "stuff I made up because in my mind's eye all liberals are like this" diarrhea.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:10 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Gee, Harrier is well known for his support of legalizing drugs.

He wonders of saying so will cause the OP to label him a liberal - lol!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:36 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Folks, wanting pot legalized and thinking it's a anything but a bad idea to use it are two different things.

I actually think the OP has a point. I'm not at all fan of the carefree "it is what it is" attitude. I just don't think that it should be a legal issue.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Typically brilliant lib response. This has nothing to do with the "war on drugs". Good parenting and education, Yes.

Education doesn't buy common sense or priorities, it never will. Thank God for what good teachers and parents there are, the ones that actually care and can see through the baloney.
If you are opposed to legalizing drugs then you are in fact supporting the war on drugs. The reason people want to legalize pot and other drugs is so that it can be regulated, so the cartels have less money, so the transaction can be taxed, so the cops can focus on real criminals, and so recreational dug users don't sit in jail for a victimless crime. Nobody is advocating for legalization so kids can get drugs easier. It's already easy for kids to get drugs.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 PM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
I want drugs decriminalized, not taxed to provide more revenue to the crooks in DC or regulated by the sham of an agency the FDA.
I also think doing drugs is stupid and its a parents responsibilty to educate their children thusly.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:49 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times
I at least get your point about drugs, but just how, I am avidly curious to know, does getting laid interfere with learning or getting a job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies