Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:01 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Generally, they hang their argument on the phrase "subject to US jurisdiction", and if saltine is going to make it stick that I and other aliens aren't subject to US jurisdiction, I am going to save a mint in taxes. Plus, I'll be racking up the parking tickets like nobody's business.
"Subject to US jurisdiction" was just meant exclude children of diplomats and has been interpreted that way for over 150 years. As soon as a child is born in the US s/he is subject to US jurisdiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 11:02 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"Subject to US jurisdiction" was just meant exclude children of diplomats and has been interpreted that way for over 150 years. As soon as a child is born in the US s/he is subject to US jurisdiction.
Yes, but is that the correct interpretation?

Old 08-18-2013, 11:03 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Nothing gets by you, does it?
The occasional white castle slider does

Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

Brilliant.
No, Skippy, I was referring to the "anchor babies" boogeyman.

This weekend has been a real gift. Not only was the "anchor babies" crapola revived, but the Idiot Brigade also revived "Fast and Furious." I don't know about you, but I'll be shivering under my afghan tonight when I finally retire to bed.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-19-2013 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: Response to deletion

Old 08-18-2013, 11:28 PM

Anyone hear about the tunnel under the border, funded by al-Qaeda and ACORN, that brings in thousands of parents every day to hatch their anchor babies in the United States so that they can collect their Obamaphones and illegally vote?

Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times

US Supreme Court trumps a website written by butt hurt racists lawyers, trying to re-write history

REad: US v Wong Kim Ark

Old 08-18-2013, 11:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Anyone hear about the tunnel under the border, funded by al-Qaeda and ACORN, that brings in thousands of parents every day to hatch their anchor babies in the United States so that they can collect their Obamaphones and illegally vote?
Yep, I worked a summer with Greenpeace on Agenda 21 helping dig those tunnels. I use to be a volunteer illegal border crossing guide when I worked with Mercy Corp the summer before.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, I worked a summer with Greenpeace on Agenda 21 helping dig those tunnels. I use to be a volunteer illegal border crossing guide when I worked with Mercy Corp the summer before.
I forgot to mention that those funds from ACORN were actually diverted from the weapons sold in the Fast and Furious program that Eric Holder personally negotiated with Mexican drug cartels.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:50 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
Ohh HARRRR FAZT AND FURIOUZ U GUYS ARE CONZPIRACIE THEERISSTS....

because anybody who thinks that the gunwalking was to really sting the cartels is such an upstanding specimen from Mensa.

It's been so effective in doing that...almost as effective as the drug control measures in America!!.

Almost!!

It's been so effective that the number of the decapitated bodies found on border zone highways are down from 50 to 42 per month..it's so much cleaner to.just shoot em up.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
How come babies who are born in America when neither of the parents' are U.S. citizens and still become U.S. citizen the babies themselves? I think it is unfair and ridiculous. The baby should become U.S. citizen only if at least one of the parent is U.S. citizen or at least having green card.

I heard quite few people from Asia and Europe who come to the U.S. just to give birth to the child so the child could become U.S. citizen, study in America in the future and could move here if wanted in future. I know they could stay for up to 90 days only, but I cannot believe how airlines could let 6-7 months pregnant women fly (I guess third world nations do not care or know). Indeed, wealthy people from the Middle East is doing this frequently.
Foreigners have caught on that giving birth in the USA is a very easy way around the immigration laws and also a very good kind of insurance because they will be able to access our very generous welfare handouts.

No country is even remotely as lax on immigration as is the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies