Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
No, I don't remember, sorry. HIV/AIDS has been an ongoing thing for as far back as I can remember. It's really too bad you feel the need to politicize it.
It was politicized with that Hollywood piece "And the Band Played On".

HIV is not at all a big deal with Obama in the White House but there were those clowns who actually tried to make it a big deal so they could blame Reagan for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Remember the 90's?? Omg we were ALL going to die from it. Surely, it's just as important today, right? We have to prevent our children from this deadly epidemic....of course! I mean, it's still the big killer....
Well first of all, that was the biggest farce about the whole aids epidemic. I know a man who happens to be a doctor, and he once told me that the reason why aids became portrayed as a disease that could affect straight people just the same as gays is that certain gay activist groups lobbied congress in the 1990s to force the media outlets to stop portraying aids as a gay disease. Realistically though, here in the western world, it's overwhelmingly gays who are infected with hiv. Gays make up the majority of new hiv cases every year (look it up). So this whole idea that straights are in as much risk of contracting the virus as gays are is pretty silly. And by the way, one thing I've learned over the years is that the way gay men contract hiv is by getting penetrated anally without protection. They don't get hiv by simply having any kind of unprotected gay sex.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It was politicized with that Hollywood piece "And the Band Played On".

HIV is not at all a big deal with Obama in the White House but there were those clowns who actually tried to make it a big deal so they could blame Reagan for it.
Whatever bro. You go be angry in the corner.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Let's all sit around singing Kum Ba Ya as we ignore reality, while pushing our perverted sickness upon society, hoping no one notices that our perversion is causing people to get an incurable and likely lethal illness. The first responders get it, but the rest of us...

Kum ba ya...
Quote:
...and it's sick the crap some guys put in their as**s on a daily basis.

Kum ba ya...
It's ok to come out of the closet. Kum ba ya

Old 08-19-2013, 01:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Well first of all, that was the biggest farce about the whole aids epidemic. I know a man who happens to be a doctor, and he once told me that the reason why aids became portrayed as a disease that could affect straight people just the same as gays is that certain gay activist groups lobbied congress in the 1990s to force the media outlets to stop portraying aids as a gay disease. Realistically though, here in the western world, it's overwhelmingly gays who are infected with hiv. Gays make up the majority of new hiv cases every year (look it up). So this whole idea that straights are in as much risk of contracting the virus as gays are is pretty silly. And by the way, one thing I've learned over the years is that the way gay men contract hiv is by getting penetrated anally without protection. They don't get hiv by simply having any kind of unprotected gay sex.
I don't think HIV leads to AIDS. AIDS is such an obtuse set of illnesses and criteria that you can pretty much stuff any illness under the umbrella.

The CDC has shifted the goal posts so many times regarding the baseline criteria for what AIDS is it's ridiculous. And there is still no universal definition for AIDS. In addition, HIV has never met the criteria of scientific method.

It's a hoax

Old 08-19-2013, 01:05 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Let's all sit around singing Kum Ba Ya as we ignore reality, while pushing our perverted sickness upon society, hoping no one notices that our perversion is causing people to get an incurable and likely lethal illness. The first responders get it, but the rest of us...

Kum ba ya...
First responders use those precautions with everyone -- not just those who have acquired whatever "perverted sickness" you're referring to. That's why they're called "universal."

A beneficial side effect is that they are also safe from many other pathogens -- like hepatitis -- that are also bloodborne.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Whatever bro. You go be angry in the corner.
Sure -- but the liberals were most definitely the ones who tried to make it political. It's fine to make a disease political when it suits the liberal agenda.

Just like global warming is all political. Obama isn't lowering the earth's temperature but no one expects him to.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
HIV hysteria in the U.S. coincided with the peak in the late 80's. New diagnoses have remained stable since the 90's:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/...idemic-508.pdf

Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
All you can do is laugh at these individuals on this forum.

I mean the op could have easily googled about hiv awareness but you can't lie and make fun of liberals that way...

Old 08-19-2013, 01:07 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
The hell it is.....

Going strong? Where? Relative to when?
Go to Miami, posters, advertisements are plastered everywhere; where to get testing, to go get test, free testing areas, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies