Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
You don't get to decide which laws to follow.
Neither does the government. They must follow the Supreme Law of the Land whether they want to or not... including its amendments. One of which says they have no authority whatsoever to infringe the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

I'm glad you think nobody gets to pick and choose. When are you going to go to Congress and the President... and the Courts... and inform them of your decision that they aren't allowed to pick and choose their way out of obeying the 2nd amendment, or add language to it that it doesn't have?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Can you show me a scientific test with a definitive positive or negative result which can determine whether or not someone is mentally ill?

No?

Then forget it. I'm not willing to put your rights into the hands of someone who can subjectively determine that you shouldn't be able to exercise a Constitutional right, and I would expect that you wouldn't be willing to do the same to me.

My husband is a mental therapist, yes there are some people who are obviously crazed and known to have mental health issues LIKE Adam Lanza. My DH has worked with some dangerous people who refused to take their medication. Some of his clients have gotten off on insanity for past murder cases and they are walking free amongst the general population.

Obviously you know nothing about mental illness I'm guessing.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
And do you still believe, as you posted earlier, that only handguns should be allowed?
Yep, I'm okay with rifles for hunting, but unless you are in the military in Iraq or Afghanistan there is no need for high powered assault guns. A handgun is enough to take someone down, no need to have their guts sprayed everywhere.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Yep, I'm okay with rifles for hunting, but unless you are in the military in Iraq or Afghanistan there is no need for high powered assault guns. A handgun is enough to take someone down, no need to have their guts sprayed everywhere.
I missed the part about hunting last time I read the second amendment.

What exactly is a "high powered assault gun"

Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Shooting spree? Who did he shoot?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:41 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
First, I'm still not sure what an assault gun is, and I've been asking people this question for a couple of years now. Could you give me a definition please?

Second, your idea to lower firearms related crime and violence is to prohibit the types of firearms which are used the least in crimes and tell everyone that the only firearm they can own is the type that is used the most in crimes? You might want to think this one through just a little bit more.

ETA: Btw, what about the military that is stationed in the United States for training? Are they allowed "assault" rifles? What about local police forces? How about them?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:42 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Yep, I'm okay with rifles for hunting, but unless you are in the military in Iraq or Afghanistan there is no need for high powered assault guns.
Do you suppose this person is even aware that most hunting rifles are more powerful than the fictitious "high powered assault gun" he is trembling in fear over, here?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Do you suppose this person is even aware that most hunting rifles are more powerful than the fictitious "high powered assault gun" he is trembling in fear over, here?
Yeah I know there are some high powered ones, but I don't think people need to own things like AK-47s and other types of guns like that. There is also a basic rifle for hunting like the ones my father owns. I'm okay with those.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
A 700 nitro express is ok, but not that super dangerous 223 round

Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah I know there are some high powered ones, but I don't think people need to own things like AK-47s and other types of guns like that. There is also a basic rifle for hunting like the ones my father owns. I'm okay with those.
So why is an ak-47 so dangerous?
Is this one ok?

How about this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies