Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 PM

17,468 posts, read 9,296,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
In light of the latest more or less confirmed chemical weapons attack and that the UN inspectors were fired upon by snipers, What should the US response be?
Kerry said today that the "proof" was clear. They have determined that Assad did use WMD against his people ..... or the rebels on the edge of Damascus. There have been no test results that we know of, the UN Inspectors were fired on by snipers today and after getting a new vehicle had 90 minutes to "look" at the area.

It appears that Kerry's speech at the State Department was the first salvo in justifying a strike against Syria based on the use of WMD, "moral obligation" and "save the innocent children". We don't know yet, because Obama is still trying to make a 'determination'. Does any of this sound familiar?

Let's be clear about this ...... we are talking a new WAR and we are talking a new WAR without either the authorization of Congress OR the United Nations. I'm not even sure that Assad is still in charge in Syria - it's Iran that is issuing statements that IF the USA makes a 'strike' on Syria that they are crossing a "Red Line" with threats of some sort of 'retaliation' and total chaos. Do we have a strategic plan at all or is this all a matter of "saving the face" of the President who makes bellicose threats and ends up with a massive Chemical attack on the anniversary of his initial threat of a "Red Line" after ignoring several pervious chemical attacks?

Looks like this is the battle of the "Red Lines". I don't hold a lot of "hope" for this business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 06:14 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,431,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
In light of the latest more or less confirmed chemical weapons attack and that the UN inspectors were fired upon by snipers, What should the US response be?
Knowing Obama and Kerry:

"We double-dog dare you!"

Old 08-26-2013, 06:27 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,968,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
It does matter because Syria already crossed that supposed red line Obama drew according to European official in using gas before this.
So we should support Al Queda Terrorists against Assad?

I bet you would be singing a different tune if a citizen sent support to Al Queda, but its okey dokey when our corrupt government does it.
It is a slap in the face to all that died on 911.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:35 PM

588 posts, read 948,272 times
Huge mistake.........this is Iraq all over again. Most of the "rebels" are probably worse than Assad. This will also further **** off Russia. We should stop playing world police.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,952,864 times
I listened to Kerry ;so much double talk. He seemed to be saying we know but we really don't know as evidence had likely been destroyed by more explosions. First they strike Libya without consulting congress then a military coup is not a coup; now this double talk. What a messed up foreign policy.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:43 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,945,812 times
Remember, Afghanistan started primarily with airstrikes. Then we left a power-vacuum, and we had to move in and occupy in an effort to keep the evil ones from running amok. So while our dear leaders may say this might only be pondering airstrikes, it could easily go far beyond that. All we need is another decade long mess to bleed our coffers again.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,968,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
Huge mistake.........this is Iraq all over again. Most of the "rebels" are probably worse than Assad. This will also further **** off Russia. We should stop playing world police.
The criminal elite have no intention of stopping their plans regardless of what the American People think.

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years - YouTube

What America thinks does not matter:

DICK Cheney "SO" - YouTube

Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,253,111 times
Support Assad. Better to support a dictator than religious zealots.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:28 PM

5,664 posts, read 5,097,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Support Assad. Better to support a dictator than religious zealots.
Whatever he does to keep them in line and suppressed - no matter how brutal - is far better than any injection of "democracy" - which they're not interested in anyhow. He's likely the lesser evil. America needs to stop trying to be the world's savior and stop pretending to be on some moral high horse.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:40 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,580,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The criminal elite have no intention of stopping their plans regardless of what the American People think.

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years - YouTube

What America thinks does not matter:

DICK Cheney "SO" - YouTube
thank you, I was going to bring that up. 7 countries in five years, timeline is a little off, but still moving forward. It wouldn't matter who was in power in Syria, they are on the list and will be taken down. They will manufacture a reason. Problem-reaction-solution.

Clark is talking with a general of the Joint Staff (name withheld)

Quote:
“We’ve made the decision we’re going to war with Iraq.” This was on or about the 20th of September. I said, “We’re going to war with Iraq? Why?” He said, “I don’t know.” He said, “I guess they don’t know what else to do.” So I said, “Well, did they find some information connecting Saddam to al-Qaeda?” He said, “No, no.” He says, “There’s nothing new that way. They just made the decision to go to war with Iraq.” He said, “I guess it’s like we don’t know what to do about terrorists, but we’ve got a good military and we can take down governments.” And he said, “I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem has to look like a nail.”
So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, “Are we still going to war with Iraq?” And he said, “Oh, it’s worse than that.” He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, “I just got this down from upstairs” — meaning the Secretary of Defense’s office — “today.” And he said, “This is a memo that describes how we’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran.” I said, “Is it classified?” He said, “Yes, sir.” I said, “Well, don’t show it to me.” And I saw him a year or so ago, and I said, “You remember that?” He said, “Sir, I didn’t show you that memo! I didn’t show it to you!”
http://globalresearch.ca/we-re-going-
to-take-out-7-countries-in-5-years-iraq-syria-lebanon-libya-somalia-sudan-iran/5166
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies