Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 12:50 PM

7,837 posts, read 6,430,110 times

Advertisements

Just fork these kids over to Australia and let Lane's friends and family do with them as they please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 04:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,500,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
Where did you get that statistic from??

Are you comparing people being killed *by accident* by an animal and people having access to GUNS AND deliberately shooting others out of boredom or because of mental illness???

Unbelievable!

This is not to say that there's nothing wrong with Australians, but you can't compare the Gun violence in the US and Australia or any other developed country in the world. I believe the disgust comes from the fact that there are so many guns in the US and that so many kids can easily have access to them and shoot people for fun.

It doesn't matter how many adults are careful with their guns, there is always going to be some other adults that are just not. This kind of tragedy will keep on happening as long as guns are still in circulation.

Oh as a legal gun owner who has many guns and antique collectible guns, which are properly stored in one of the new high tech safes. Too many gun onwers, i have to say myself, are not responsible gun owners, and it is frightening.

What was so disturbing about this case, was the cold evil no thought behind this killing, the evil in these people. Bored so just take a life.

Never ever while a small child, was guns left out for all to see in plain site, that was not happening.

I think what frigthens me more is that today, the gun is just a tool. To kill for fun, to get even, to take out a opposite gang, to kill someone of a different race, it is used so readily. Where at one time it was for protection, not anymore.

Ours besides the collectibles are for safety reasons. Having had two homes burglarized, and belongings thrown, and broke, was devestating. Having had two loved ones murdered both in the privacy of their homes, was something you never ever forget believe me.

So when someone says they have guns for protection, they do, nothing to laugh about today. You don't have a gun for protection, someone breaks into your home, your dead today.

But gun owners need to be more responsible, and store there guns in a safe. But you really think criminals can't get their hands on guns, think again. I had one realitive knifed to death over and over and over again. The female who lived in Texas, was shot point blank in the head, taken apart limb by limb. And the most disgusting things done to her. So do not talk to me about wanting to protect myself, my loved ones, and my property.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:55 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,015,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Australia is a big country, unless you think all of America is cowboys.
Much of Australia is an inhabitable desert. Most of its population live on the coastal fringe.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,283,210 times
Well I am over it already. It was a painful millisecond but I made it through it.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:06 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,186,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by govie View Post
by his logic any country americans visit and are gunned down we should boycott as well. How many nations has this occurred in, i wonder? Also, why did australia follow us into wars in the middle east as comrades if they dislike our country so much.

Btw i find it vile that foreign politicians/elites are trying to affect our policies as a sovereign nation.

Stay out of our affairs!
lol

Old 08-22-2013, 06:20 PM

14,413 posts, read 22,581,900 times
I don't understand the boycotting either. This is a crime, but not against the Australian people, but against one man. Im sure there has been Americans being murdered in Australia at some point in time. That's just kind of silly to boycott a whole country.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:17 PM

5,071 posts, read 7,552,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I don't understand the boycotting either. This is a crime, but not against the Australian people, but against one man. Im sure there has been Americans being murdered in Australia at some point in time. That's just kind of silly to boycott a whole country.
Of course it is, no one listens to an old fool who retired from politics almost 15 years ago, Fisher was a big driving force behind the gun control measures than came into the country in the 1990's.

I doubt many Australian's would even know who Tim Fisher is let alone know anything about this statement, certainly this thread on city data first i have ever heard of it.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:33 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,661,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
Yes. Boycotts really work quite well. I decided NOT to go to England on a trip because a couple of Moslems cut off the head of a British soldier in the middle of a street. The worst that the animals can get is life which doesn't actually mean life in the EU thanks to a recent Brussels Court ruling. At least here in my country, I can carry a gun and make some effort to protect myself and family members. Of course I can't always have a 360 degree awareness when an animal attacks out of nowhere. Leave your house and take your chances. Leave your country, go to a violent country and take your chances. Go to HI and get your arm bit off by a shark and die. Life is fragile. Ultimately it is deadly to everyone.
Hawaii is deadly now

We visited Honolulu and even at late night there are adequate police and you can actually go out to clubs and shoppes.

You are painting "traveling out of your country" as if its a war zone.

What state do you live in?.

If people want guns fine, but in tenn I saw a guy returning dvds at RedBox and he was armed (and not a cop). Just bizarre. I guess paranoia could be a diagnosis there. There are no wild animals in front of CVS.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:36 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,440,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh as a legal gun owner who has many guns and antique collectible guns, which are properly stored in one of the new high tech safes. Too many gun onwers, i have to say myself, are not responsible gun owners, and it is frightening.

What was so disturbing about this case, was the cold evil no thought behind this killing, the evil in these people. Bored so just take a life.

Never ever while a small child, was guns left out for all to see in plain site, that was not happening.

I think what frigthens me more is that today, the gun is just a tool. To kill for fun, to get even, to take out a opposite gang, to kill someone of a different race, it is used so readily. Where at one time it was for protection, not anymore.

Ours besides the collectibles are for safety reasons. Having had two homes burglarized, and belongings thrown, and broke, was devestating. Having had two loved ones murdered both in the privacy of their homes, was something you never ever forget believe me.

So when someone says they have guns for protection, they do, nothing to laugh about today. You don't have a gun for protection, someone breaks into your home, your dead today.

But gun owners need to be more responsible, and store there guns in a safe. But you really think criminals can't get their hands on guns, think again. I had one realitive knifed to death over and over and over again. The female who lived in Texas, was shot point blank in the head, taken apart limb by limb. And the most disgusting things done to her. So do not talk to me about wanting to protect myself, my loved ones, and my property.
We are at the point where on average there is almost one gun for each resident, the explosion of gun purchases the last several years have put guns in the hands of people that really should not have them, the yare irresponsible and careless. There is no denying that America has a problem, Austrailia had similar issues and took action, the solution in the US has always been more guns, less control. When a kid with many issues can get an AK47 that easily we have a large problem.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:45 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,899,970 times
So three out of 300 million shoot an Australian and we should boycott going there? Stupid. I'm Australian and I've been to America and will return. Most Americans are decent folk. Like the Indians who condemned Australia as racist just because a few people were bashed up. No proof it was racially motivated either. Australians have probably been killed in many countries, you gonna boycott those too?

Evil little mofos like these two kids are everywhere. I hope they get what they deserve though but they sure aren't gonna scare me off going to the US. I was even a victim of crime a the hands of someone who happened to be black (theft) yet I don't hold any ill will towards black folk as a whole cos i met some really nice ones. We're all people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies