Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times

Advertisements

Scientists tell us that there have been 4 ice ages in North America. I'm sure they don't claim that either the ice ages or the eventual warming were man made. There was a medival warm period, followed by a little ice age that ended about 1850. This aught to be enough to convince anyone with some common sense that the earth warming or cooling is not the result of man's influence. If it was the result of Co2, then the earth would still be warming, as the co2 level is still increasing. Yet, even the IPCC admits that the earth has stopped warming and temperatures are starting a downward trend. It doesn't take a PHD in climate science to figure out that the earth is warmed or cooled by something much greater than man's burning of fossil fuels, namely the Sun. The Sun has cycles of high and lower output, and this is what really matters. This is where the oceans get most of their heat also. Think of the daily rise and fall of temperatures. Its all about the SUN, duh.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:22 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Scientists tell us that there have been 4 ice ages in North America. I'm sure they don't claim that either the ice ages or the eventual warming were man made. There was a medival warm period, followed by a little ice age that ended about 1850. This aught to be enough to convince anyone with some common sense that the earth warming or cooling is not the result of man's influence. If it was the result of Co2, then the earth would still be warming, as the co2 level is still increasing. Yet, even the IPCC admits that the earth has stopped warming and temperatures are starting a downward trend. It doesn't take a PHD in climate science to figure out that the earth is warmed or cooled by something much greater than man's burning of fossil fuels, namely the Sun. The Sun has cycles of high and lower output, and this is what really matters. This is where the oceans get most of their heat also. Think of the daily rise and fall of temperatures. Its all about the SUN, duh.
Yeah, it's all about the SUN, duh.

(p.s. also, Milankovitch cycles cause Ice Ages, not sunspot activity)

Old 09-01-2013, 06:59 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
*Chuckle*

It is like the coward that runs into the room to fight after they watched and waited for conflict to leave in hopes someone would still be around to see how much courage they have.

This is quite amusing.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
*Chuckle*

It is like the coward that runs into the room to fight after they watched and waited for conflict to leave in hopes someone would still be around to see how much courage they have.

This is quite amusing.
*Chuckles* You are quite amusing.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
*Chuckles* You are quite amusing.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Looks like I have a follower.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Looks like I have a follower.
Indeed your arrogant chuckles makes me you want to chuckle in your face....

So you ever going to explain your appeal to the authority of Watt and Climate Audit or keep deflecting? Or let.me guess, it's okay for you to do it, but not the other side. LOLZ

Old 09-01-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Indeed your arrogant chuckles makes me you want to chuckle in your face....
Oh noes, he is getting angry!

Quote:
So you ever going to explain your appeal to the authority of Watt and Climate Audit or keep deflecting? Or let.me guess, it's okay for you to do it, but not the other side. LOLZ
Am I going to defend that nifty straw man you made? Nah, I don't argue foolishness. Since you created it, why don't you argue with it?

I will grab some popcorn and watch. Then you can pat yourself on the back and show us how smart you are for defeating an argument of your own creation! Brilliant!

Old 09-01-2013, 06:16 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
That sounds very obamaesque.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:59 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Oh noes, he is getting angry!

Am I going to defend that nifty straw man you made? Nah, I don't argue foolishness. Since you created it, why don't you argue with it?

I will grab some popcorn and watch. Then you can pat yourself on the back and show us how smart you are for defeating an argument of your own creation! Brilliant!
What 'straw man'? One only has to read your posts on CD to see you how often you link to stories on Watt's and McIntyre's blog websites.

For example, every single link in your post below is to a story on Watt's or McIntyres blogs.

Quote:
Cautious? Not at all. Look at your quote, there is nothing cautious there. None of what they claim in your quote can even be remotely substantiated. They are back to the same old tactics (notice they are even putting grey literature in again) as the AR4. AR5 is another political push, though this time... they aren't hitting an unsuspecting public and they certainly don't have the position of authority this time around. This is going to end badly for them.

Another IPCC AR5 reviewer speaks out: no trend in global water vapor
WattsUpWithThat

Another example of clear failure of IPCC models to predict reality in the AR5 draft
WattsUpWithThat

Dr. David Whitehouse on the AR5 figure 1.4
WattsUpWithThat

Why doesn’t the AR5 SOD’s climate sensitivity range reflect its new aerosol estimates?
WattsUpWithThat
Quote of the week – Dr. Judith Curry on the AR5 Draft leak
WattsUpWithThat

An animated analysis of the IPCC AR5 graph shows ‘IPCC analysis methodology and computer models are seriously flawed’
WattsUpWithThat

IPCC AR5 Chapter 11 – Maintaining the Spin
WattsUpWithThat

AR5 Chapter 11; Hiding the Decline (Part II)
WattsUpWithThat

More IPCC AR5: THE SECRET SANTA LEAK
WattsUpWithThat
Model-Data Comparison with Trend Maps: CMIP5 (IPCC AR5) Models vs New GISS Land-Ocean Temperature Index
WattsUpWithThat

PAGES2K Online “Journal Club”
ClimateAudit.org

IPCC caught out with an old, known, and uncorrected error pending their new AR5 report
WattsUpWithThat

Pachauri: No Conflict of Interest Policy for AR5
ClimateAudit.org

“Not Unusual”: AR5 (ZOD) and Climategate 2.0
ClimateAudit.org

AR5 Loves Steig et al 2009
ClimateAudit.org

Watch the Pea – AR5 (ZOD) Chapter 10
ClimateAudit.org

AR5 (ZOD) and Mike’s “PNAS Trick”
ClimateAudit.org

Gifford Miller vs AR5 (FOD) Reconstructions
ClimateAudit.org

Old 09-02-2013, 01:38 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is amusing. Once again, we see conservatives who can't accept science, and are willing to make big fools of themselves. What's wrong with them? Why are they so afraid of the truth? At this point, if there really were significant questions about climate change, wouldn't you guys have found more scientists to support your denialist beliefs?
I've said this before - if there really weren't significant questions about climate change, I don't think the word "denialist" would exist. People who actually do have scientific truth on their side don't need to come up with puerile shaming terms like that to squelch opposition. They don't try to claim that science is settled.

Like with tobacco. There is a huge tobacco industry and millions of smokers, despite it being known that tobacco use causes cancer. And yet there are no people trying to intimidate or shame others into believing that tobacco causes cancer. There is no "tobaccophile" or similar pejorative term.

And it is a curious coincidence that most of the people for whom the science is settled and any questioning of that marks the questioner as a "denialist" are of the same political persuasion. A persuasion that was anti-business to begin with. It's the same people who say if you don't like Obama you're a racist and if you don't want to give out free birth control you're a sexist.

I'm not a climatologist and don't know the science involved. But I do know enough about politics to see the climate change situation follows the same old pattern of liberals exploiting a wedge issue to push their agenda and demonize anyone who disagrees. It's just like with gay marriage, immigration, the pay gap, and voter ID - the Democrats have a burning concern for the civil rights of others. Who just happen to vote Democrat. Now climate change is settled science and we have to do something about it to save the planet - and what we have to do just happens to fall right in line with the sorts of policies they already wanted before anybody even heard of climate change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies