Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 04:15 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He is a Christian if he believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God and has accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Do you have any evidence to support an allegation that President Bush has not done so?
I don't agree with alot of what former President Bush did while he was in office. However, making allegations of Bush not being a Christian, well, one has to have solid proof.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't agree with alot of what former President Bush did while he was in office. However, making allegations of Bush not being a Christian, well, one has to have solid proof.
Lets put it this way, bush has done alot of un-Christian like things since he was in the Whitehouse and having the Anti-christ as your V.P does not help much either.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Lets put it this way, bush has done alot of un-Christian like things since he was in the Whitehouse and having the Anti-christ as your V.P does not help much either.
It doesn't help, but basically every President has done some very un-Christian things.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times
Quote:
It doesn't help, but basically every President has done some very un-Christian things.
The political arena in Washington is indeed a very un-Godly place to begin with. To me this is the main reason that Jimmy Carter was ran out of there. "It is hard to be a man of God in charge of an un-God society" ------Simonism

Old 10-12-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The political arena in Washington is indeed a very un-Godly place to begin with. To me this is the main reason that Jimmy Carter was ran out of there. "It is hard to be a man of God in charge of an un-God society" ------Simonism
This is pretty much everywhere. The world is a scary place.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:07 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He is a Christian if he believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God and has accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Do you have any evidence to support an allegation that President Bush has not done so?
He took a blood oath and did some pretty occultic ceremonies when he was a Bonesman. Enough said.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,708 times
Quote:
I see you're another Christian dupe who keeps getting strung along every election cycle while the candidate with (R) after his name tells you the things you like to hear. It never seems to matter that they never live by those ideals once elected. I wonder when people like you will wake up to this.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:10 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,704,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
3% of the population commits 1/2 the murders, what's the deal here and how is this accepted?
1 + 1 is 2 and you and this thread stink like poo. I like how you make posts like it's fact, but have no study, article or anything to back up your argument. Troll bait thread fail.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:12 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,092,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
1 + 1 is 2 and you and this thread stink like poo. I like how you make posts like it's fact, but have no study, article or anything to back up your argument.
Again the OP didn't explain themselves accurately but in the correct context the numbers are fairly accurate. If you look at the white murderes that demographic is also going to be relatively small percentage of the total population becsue again it's going to be young white males who will be involved these murders the most. It will be much higher percentage of the population than blacks since there is more white people.

If you wanted to put it in a correct context 40% of murders are committed by young black males who make up 1% of the population.

You can also say something like 40% of murders are committed by young white males who make up 10% of the population.

What needs to be defined here is what is "young" and I'm and just using an educated guess on the numbers but thy are going to be close.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
I see you're another Christian dupe who keeps getting strung along every election cycle while the candidate with (R) after his name tells you the things you like to hear. It never seems to matter that they never live by those ideals once elected. I wonder when people like you will wake up to this.
Excuse me? I don't vote for someone just because there is an (R) next to their name. In fact, there are alot of Republicans that I don't trust. I can't say I was that fond of former President Bush either. Go read the rest of my posts, dating back to 2007, and you might know this.

And if the only thing you are going to do is insult me and make alot of assumptions, then all this shows is cowardice and a lack of willingness to have a serious conversation.

I have a question: DO YOU ever live by your ideals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies