Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 07:31 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,362,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's of no surprise that such a thing happens. Blaming the person subjected to certain hassles is basically a way to detract from the fact that some people just treat other people poorly.
Everything is that half African muslim guy in the Whitehouse's fault! Non of this would have happened under a White, God fearing Christian man, oh wait it has!

Old 10-10-2013, 07:56 PM

73,133 posts, read 62,985,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Everything is that half African muslim guy in the Whitehouse's fault! Non of this would have happened under a White, God fearing Christian man, oh wait it has!
Yep.

There are those who seek to perpetrate the agenda of "the Black man is the scum of the earth". That is nothing new, it has been done before, and it is basically continuing over and over.

It is now a matter of trying to combat this, in addition to other problems that exist.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:03 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,401,561 times
Quote:
Sad. I hated that worthless warmongering shrub that was office before as much as the idiot lame duck nitwit we have in there now. Equally.

And I'll let you in on a little secret. Whites are around 200 million strong in America, so there is no way idiot boy could have gotten in had it not been for the white vote. So save your racist crap for some others.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Sad. I hated that worthless warmongering shrub that was office before as much as the idiot lame duck nitwit we have in there now. Equally.

And I'll let you in on a little secret. Whites are around 200 million strong in America, so there is no way idiot boy could have gotten in had it not been for the white vote. So save your racist crap for some others.

Why is the truth racist? the same people who are making so much noise over what Obama is doing were very quiet when bush was doing much worst even if they are doing the same thing. Is that racist? I cannot recall any group of politicans getting together BEFORE the president signed anything and collectively decide to make sure that he fells regardless of whatever he does. Could that be because he is black I do not know but it is interesting that this man has gotten more death threats BEFORE he even took office than any other president. I wonder if that was because he is black? You tell me. Apparently you have either fell asleep in civics class or never bothered to go because if you did you would know that the president's power is limited and the government would be open if it was'nt.

I'm fully aware of the number of whites in this country and the number of WHITE presidents beforehand as well, so tell me how is that working for you? To me it does not matter who voted for him as long as he does the bidding of the American people which very few politician do anyway regardless of party. Btw, Obama is doing what his handlings tell him to do and guess what they are not black if it makes you feel better.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:11 PM

16,781 posts, read 8,774,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Surely the other ½ isn't committed by old black men.
Wow you doubled down on your,,,,lets say,,,lack of intelligence, to be polite.

The point of the OP is to point out that the news media intentionally avoids reporting the race of black criminals. A stated reason when anyone like an editor has the honesty to admit why, is that they "do not want to perpetuate the notion that blacks are more likely to commit crime".

This despite the fact and statistics that prove per capita, they do.

So to the mainstream media, they think they know what is best for us to know, and what isn't. Hence the reason they play up and play down certain stories. Funny how they have no problem stoking racial animosity when they frame most stories involving whites who harm blacks.

You needn't look any further than how they tried to frame Zimmerman/Martin incident by claiming a white man(Zimmerman was brown) shot an unarmed black child. I'm sure by now even the most liberal bleeding heart realizes they used a menacing looking photo of Zimmerman, and an angelic photo of Martin when he was 4 years younger.
That of course is not to even mention how they doctored the 911 tapes to make it sound like Zimmerman was the first to mention race in his 911 call to police.

Yet the liberal press is protecting us from our own selves when it comes to thinking blacks commit more crime. We wouldn't want to be under any false impressions, now would we.

`

Old 10-11-2013, 07:12 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,401,561 times
I can't speak for anyone but myself. I actually, if you can believe, even thought for a brief moment of voting for Obama, because of his stance on the Middle East and getting our troops.. Nope. Didn't pull the trigger, and didn't for Romney or Bush the second time either. So...

Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

The point of the OP is to point out that the news media intentionally avoids reporting the race of black criminals. A stated reason when anyone like an editor has the honesty to admit why, is that they "do not want to perpetuate the notion that blacks are more likely to commit crime".

This despite the fact and statistics that prove per capita, they do.

So to the mainstream media, they think they know what is best for us to know, and what isn't. Hence the reason they play up and play down certain stories. Funny how they have no problem stoking racial animosity when they frame most stories involving whites who harm blacks.

You needn't look any further than how they tried to frame Zimmerman/Martin incident by claiming a white man(Zimmerman was brown) shot an unarmed black child. I'm sure by now even the most liberal bleeding heart realizes they used a menacing looking photo of Zimmerman, and an angelic photo of Martin when he was 4 years younger.
That of course is not to even mention how they doctored the 911 tapes to make it sound like Zimmerman was the first to mention race in his 911 call to police.

Yet the liberal press is protecting us from our own selves when it comes to thinking blacks commit more crime. We wouldn't want to be under any false impressions, now would we.

`

The flaw in your arguement regarding the "liberal media" is that regardless of what they said about zimmerman ethnicity no one focused on the reason why it really got so much media attention in the first place, which was the inaction of the Sanford police dept (predominately white) to properly conduct a murder investigation and notify the family of their son's death. If this was done correctly in the first place there would not have been no Al Sharpton, No voice overs, No marches, No death threats, No investigations and non of the other crap that went along with the trial.

The other thing that I think that you are slightly confuse on is that the OP was alluding to the fact is the way that the media protrays blacks in general. Certain factions are more than eager to throw out basic statistics without providing any other information on how that got them or any other contributing factors. this invokes fears and/or promotes a racist idealogy towards a particular group of people while ignoring the vast majority who are law abiding.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:41 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,807,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

`

I was being funny in both of my posts on the front page, since it was a race based thread.
lighten up.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:34 AM

16,781 posts, read 8,774,545 times
Quote:
The flaw in your arguement regarding the "liberal media" is that regardless of what they said about zimmerman ethnicity no one focused on the reason why it really got so much media attention in the first place, which was the inaction of the Sanford police dept (predominately white) to properly conduct a murder investigation and notify the family of their son's death. If this was done correctly in the first place there would not have been no Al Sharpton, No voice overs, No marches, No death threats, No investigations and non of the other crap that went along with the trial.

The other thing that I think that you are slightly confuse on is that the OP was alluding to the fact is the way that the media protrays blacks in general. Certain factions are more than eager to throw out basic statistics without providing any other information on how that got them or any other contributing factors. this invokes fears and/or promotes a racist idealogy towards a particular group of people while ignoring the vast majority who are law abiding.
I'm not sure I understand this part, so I highlighted it. What information would need to be provided that would account for the statistical data that blacks commit more murder and other crime per capita than other ethnic groups?

Also, what is your take on how the media frames white on black violence(typically LEO vs. suspected criminal)in a way as to assume racial motivation, yet refuses to even report basic racial information when the criminal is black and the victim is white?

`

Old 10-12-2013, 12:49 AM

167 posts, read 164,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
3% of the population commits 1/2 the murders, what's the deal here and how is this accepted?

Where is the research that determined this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies