Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 05:06 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I mean....double Duhhh....if there are 5 whites for every 1 black, if one was to commit random acts of violence or crimes of opportunity in the US, whites would be the more likely victim than blacks because there are far more whites than blacks. Thus, a black person, committing random acts of violence would more likely hit a white person than a black person while a white person committing random acts of violence would have a far less probability of victimizing a black person.

By the way....my daughter was able to answer the question correctly when she was in the third grade. She is in the fifth grade now and testing at the 8th grade level for mathematics. She can tutor you online via skype if you are willing to accept the help.

Max...that was a "sterling" example of a basic lack of understanding of the mathematics of probability.
Except despite your bluster and condescension it is YOU who is wrong.

How do you ask? Because despite there being 5 times more whites than blacks in the US, blacks commit violence and murder against EACH OTHER far more often than against whites. So despite having many more white targets to choose from, blacks still choose to harm their own kind far more often.

Another thing you don't seem to understand is that despite whites outnumbering blacks 5 to 1 and supposedly being more racist, shouldn't the number of white crime and murder incidents against blacks be somewhere close to the number of black crime and murder incidents against whites? It should be shouldn't it? I mean you outnumber your opponent 5 to 1 and you supposedly hate them, yet guess what? That relatively small number of blacks harm whites at FAR higher rates than vise versa. Hell blacks harm pretty much EVERY non-black group at FAR higher rates than any other ethnic group harms them.

And this isnt' because non-blacks wander into black areas and are then attacked. This is frequently blacks GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY to actively seek and harm non-blacks. So any way you look at it, blacks are the most violent and aggressive group of people in the entire US. Where as most non-blacks are more than willing to let bygones be bygones and try to live in peace with everyone else, it seems an alarmingly high proportion of blacks, particularly young black males cannot do the same and insist on causing crime, pain and suffering not only on their own kind, but also against anyone else who has the unfortunate luck of crossing their paths or living anywhere near them.

But hey don't let facts and statistics get in the way of your arguments.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:40 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Except despite your bluster and condescension it is YOU who is wrong.

How do you ask? Because despite there being 5 times more whites than blacks in the US, blacks commit violence and murder against EACH OTHER far more often than against whites. So despite having many more white targets to choose from, blacks still choose to harm their own kind far more often.
That is due to the level of segregation between the communities. In a fully integrated community or nation, whites should be absorbing the brunt of the homicides, based upon probability and random acts of violence and opportunity. That said.....crime victims usually know each other and have some kind of relationship.

Quote:
Another thing you don't seem to understand is that despite whites outnumbering blacks 5 to 1 and supposedly being more racist, shouldn't the number of white crime and murder incidents against blacks be somewhere close to the number of black crime and murder incidents against whites? It should be shouldn't it? I mean you outnumber your opponent 5 to 1 and you supposedly hate them, yet guess what? That relatively small number of blacks harm whites at FAR higher rates than vise versa. Hell blacks harm pretty much EVERY non-black group at FAR higher rates than any other ethnic group harms them.
Maybe life is generally too good being white to risk spending years in prison. In the past when whites killed blacks, the penalty, if any at all, was minor. That having been said, really, after 300 years of whites, for no reason, abusing blacks.....one would think that the brunt of homicides committed by blacks would be against whites. Hence, I think that is an indication that blacks are NOT as racist as whites given that they have a historical reason to be pissed and given that life is not as good and they fact that we are already killing.

Quote:
And this isnt' because non-blacks wander into black areas and are then attacked. This is frequently blacks GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY to actively seek and harm non-blacks. So any way you look at it, blacks are the most violent and aggressive group of people in the entire US. Where as most non-blacks are more than willing to let bygones be bygones and try to live in peace with everyone else, it seems an alarmingly high proportion of blacks, particularly young black males cannot do the same and insist on causing crime, pain and suffering not only on their own kind, but also against anyone else who has the unfortunate luck of crossing their paths or living anywhere near them.

But hey don't let facts and statistics get in the way of your arguments.
I do not know of any evidence of this which you suggest. I would suggest that criminals follow the money. In other words, if the people around them don't have much to steal.....then you go to where the people have more stuff to steal.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:20 PM

11,256 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
You guys are hell bent to turn symptoms into the cause to deflect and obfuscate attention away from the 3 ton elephant in the room. I get it....racism was inconsequential upon the black condition. We are the way we are, collectively, because of who we are and not what we have been through as a people. Got it....but you will not get me to accept it like you do...and such rationalizations should be properly labeled.....RACIST!!!! Yeah I know.....that is why you don't like to talk about race....because people are always too quick to label people making racist rationalizations and inferences as.....RACIST....go figure .
Hey man, if blacks want to keep killing blacks at an astronomical pace in mass urban cesspools, who am I to judge? Most liberals don't seem to care one way or another. Not my culture, not my problem. Enough said.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Hey man, if blacks want to keep killing blacks at an astronomical pace in mass urban cesspools, who am I to judge? Most liberals don't seem to care one way or another. Not my culture, not my problem. Enough said.
I can recall that someone once said that "When the rest of the country has a cold the black community has pnuemonia" that being said you keep having your apathetic view on others and eventually your "cold" will turn into pnuemonia as well.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:54 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Most Black people aren't trying to kill each other. It is that segment of the underclass population doing it. Most of us Black people try to separate ourselves from the killers. One reason many Blacks moved to the suburbs when they got the chance.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
What you ignore is that my general belief about fatherless children is not the only aspect to the problem. The white culture (if we can paint with such a broad brush) is also not the same as black culture.
Aside from that, this notion of wanting to make racism the primary reason is absurd. Blacks in this country experienced much more racism back when slavery was brought to an end, over 150 years ago. Yet blacks still maintained a better culture and family cohesiveness then than they do today. Blacks of even 70 years ago would laugh at the notion of how hard it is for blacks today racism wise.

So trying to play the racism card just does not hold water as an excuse for criminal/murderous behavior in todays society.

`
Actually racism has become more undercover than it was 50 or so years ago. This should never be confused with the end of racism either. It is understood that in the 50's they had it better than slaves but there was still racial injustices and lynching as late as the 60's.

I agree that there is no excuse for criminal/murderous behavior but there is no excuse for proverty and homelessness in this country either but it is there. Realize this, the country was founded on violence/criminality and murderous behavior, so what makes you think that it will ever go away or be

Old 10-20-2013, 10:07 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You bring up some interesting points. First of all, could we even have such discussions without the left wing liberals trying to shout down the rational discussion with accusations of racism?

It is widely accepted different races, cultures and ethnic groups have different tendencies and react to situations differently. Lets take a non controversial one.
A study was done to showed that Germans required the greatest amount of personal space(distance between people standing together) to feel comfortable, and I believe Brazilians needed the least. No one really gets upset because there is not a perceived slight against either group. However if you were to try and do a study that showed Germans were generally more intelligent than Brazilians you would be attacked and shouted down(even if it were true).
Yet these same people have no trouble saying a particular group is good at something, so long as you do not point out how they are bad at something else. They want to live in a dream world pretending that everyone is totally equal, and has the same capacities. This is especially true of the protection of minority groups where anything unflattering is attacked as racism.

As to more crime among black women, I think it is ignored compared to men because as a general rule, women are not as violent.

Lastly, I believe the over simplification is not on the part of people taking my position. Rather it is those who want to point to racism as the primary excuse for all the ills of black society today.

`
Well, if you are going to go with the line of "some races are inherently different from others", then you would have to go with the idea of "Blacks are inherently prone to violence and aren't intelligent", which is a stance that some are taking. And if you were to take that stance, you would also have to believe that Blacks don't have the capacity to live crime free(and based on the Black persons who live crime free, I don't feel this is the case). And if you are to go along with that line, you would have to go along with the idea of "there's nothing that can be done to stop Blacks from behaving badly". In that case, if one believes that, what is the use of talking about it?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:40 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
rac·ism

[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Origin:
1865–70; < French racisme. See race2 , -ism

Yeah......Its widely accepted by RACIST!!!

This is exactly the problem I mentioned to soletaire, regarding the inability to discuss differences (both good and bad) between races/cultures/ethnic groups and not have the PC crowd want to attack with labels like racist.
To give just one example, during the Iraq war, different methods were being used to try and flush out the Islamic fighters the American forces had pinned down. They used sonic noise among other non conventional methods to get them to either surrender or come out to fight. Several field commanders agreed to start proclaiming on the loud speakers that the Islamic men were homosexuals, and some came out firing to meet their demise. Of course it was controversial among the bleeding hearts, but it got the job done.
Now I guarantee you that if the British soldiers tried the same thing when they were battling the IRA in the north of Ireland, not a single Irish IRA man would have given a crap. They certainly would not have allowed themselves to be sniped by giving up their position/cover. While that is a simplistic example(certainly better than trying to use Martians as a comparative analogy ), it goes to show how these Islamic fanatics reacted differently than other groups would under similar circumstances.

Also pointing out such a thing does not make someone as Islamaphobe, nor a racist.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:48 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, if you are going to go with the line of "some races are inherently different from others", then you would have to go with the idea of "Blacks are inherently prone to violence and aren't intelligent", which is a stance that some are taking. And if you were to take that stance, you would also have to believe that Blacks don't have the capacity to live crime free(and based on the Black persons who live crime free, I don't feel this is the case). And if you are to go along with that line, you would have to go along with the idea of "there's nothing that can be done to stop Blacks from behaving badly". In that case, if one believes that, what is the use of talking about it?
I disagree.

Identifying the problem/s despite those who would try to shout down the messenger is half the problem. While I am not making a contention that blacks are automatically more prone to violence and/or less capable intellectually, lets say for the sake of argument it was true, ok.
How on earth in this current PC atmosphere could we try to help solve the problem if no one is willing to even acknowledge the problem exists in the first place?

Old 10-22-2013, 05:31 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times
Quote:
That is due to the level of segregation between the communities. In a fully integrated community or nation, whites should be absorbing the brunt of the homicides, based upon probability and random acts of violence and opportunity. That said.....crime victims usually know each other and have some kind of relationship.
They should but fortunately they don't. But its just sad that so many blacks will harm anyone who happens to live around them or even randomly crosses their paths.

Quote:
Maybe life is generally too good being white to risk spending years in prison. In the past when whites killed blacks, the penalty, if any at all, was minor. That having been said, really, after 300 years of whites, for no reason, abusing blacks.....one would think that the brunt of homicides committed by blacks would be against whites. Hence, I think that is an indication that blacks are NOT as racist as whites given that they have a historical reason to be pissed and given that life is not as good and they fact that we are already killing.
When will people ever stop bringing up the BS excuse of the past? I seriously doubt that the overwhelming majority of blacks 25 years or under who commit crime, murder and random acts of violence against whites are actually thinking 'yeah! let's get whitey back for what they did to our grandparents and ancestors etc. that'll teach'em!!'.

If these same black kids and youths were raised properly by their parents, the majority of them would not be growing up to be thugs and criminals.

Quote:
I do not know of any evidence of this which you suggest. I would suggest that criminals follow the money. In other words, if the people around them don't have much to steal.....then you go to where the people have more stuff to steal.
There is PLENTY of past evidence and there is plenty of new evidence added everyday by blacks that alot of crime that they commit isn't monetary related, but completely random and nonsensical crimes as well as hate crimes. Much of the violence blacks commit is over the littlest of things that most non-blacks would let slide in order to prevent and avoid physical confrontation. But with blacks most don't seem to give a damn and even WANT to get violent.

This is why so many blacks are hopeless and either need to be put down or moved away from civilized people because they just never stop being dangerous no matter how hard you try to change them to be an even moderately peaceful and useful person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies