Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 04:41 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
first I will note that all we see on TV of politicians from Russia, USA, etc. shaking hands and smiling and talking peace talk is all a choreography for public comsumption. It has nothing to do with the reality of politics that goes on behind the scene. What I think is happening is that by signing an agreement to destroy chemical weapons it buys time for Syria and Russia to prepare for war against the U.S. I don't believe that those chemical weapons will ever be destroyed. For one thing the main reason Assad ever acquired chemical weapons was because of Israels nuclear and chemical arsenal. So are they telling me that Syria will destroy their chemical weapons while Israel keepes hers? No way. And when both Russia and Syria are ready for war against the U.S. Assad will take the que and use gas again. That will ensure an military response from the U.S. and we will be at war. By why would Russia and Syria risk a war with the U.S.? Because they believe that they can win. They both see america as divided and weak and highly unpopular in the world. How many countries can you name that would love to see america lose a war? Anyway, we will see.
I can name many countries that don't want the US to be destroyed
China, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Turkey, Canada, Ireland, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, South Africa, South Korea, Brazil....
vs Russia, Iran, and Syria
Then all the "stans" in central Asia, and Georgia because they dislike the Russians.
Something tells me that that's not the plan, and Russia can't even control Chechnya or the North Caucus region of their own country, they are in no place to start a war

Old 09-15-2013, 05:19 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Why would Assad use chemical weapons on his own people?

I'm sorry, I don't believe it.....

If we can go to war again, that will put a lot of soldiers back to work won't it.

what bothers me a whole lot is this.....

These people in WA that are war hungry, do not think about all the families war effects.
The sons and daughters who WILL be killed, the mothers and fathers that spend every waking hours, and sleepless nights worrying about their children and if their going to come home. The wives and husbands of soldiers, who worry, and wonder, and their children. Anyone here ever watch those videos where the soldiers come home and surprise they're families....when are we going to learn....WA can easily say, we're going to war....ok, then, send your kids, wives and husbands to war.....Obama, you go over seas to war....send your kids to war....Kerry, what about you....you go to war...McCain, same to you....send your family members over there. I'm sorry, but you don't ever think about that...to you, it's just politics, to us, it's our sons, daughters, wives, husbands that may not come home, and their small children, never to see them again.
My son was in Afghanistan for two years, two years, do you have any idea, what we all went thru, his poor wife, his daughter? You haven't got a clue....
anyone remember that woman who kept marching all by herself on Bush...does anyone know what she went thru?

Old 09-15-2013, 05:24 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
My son was in Afghanistan for two years, two years, do you have any idea, what we all went thru, his poor wife, his daughter? You haven't got a clue....
anyone remember that woman who kept marching all by herself on Bush...does anyone know what she went thru?
Why did he to go to Afghanistan?

Old 09-15-2013, 05:37 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
nickerman and btownboss4!
Please, don't be so hysterical. Russia is not preparing for war against the US. I am pretty sure that Russia has no intention to any war at all. Where did such absurd idea came from? It's 2013 now. But it looks like your brain is still working in the 1965 mode. You are heavy brainwashed, guys.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:46 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:

If we can go to war again, that will put a lot of soldiers back to work won't it.

what bothers me a whole lot is this.....

These people in WA that are war hungry, do not think about all the families war effects.
The sons and daughters who WILL be killed, the mothers and fathers that spend every waking hours, and sleepless nights worrying about their children and if their going to come home. The wives and husbands of soldiers, who worry, and wonder, and their children. Anyone here ever watch those videos where the soldiers come home and surprise they're families....when are we going to learn....WA can easily say, we're going to war....ok, then, send your kids, wives and husbands to war.....Obama, you go over seas to war....send your kids to war....Kerry, what about you....you go to war...McCain, same to you....send your family members over there. I'm sorry, but you don't ever think about that...to you, it's just politics, to us, it's our sons, daughters, wives, husbands that may not come home, and their small children, never to see them again.
I agree and lets add to it the backlog of VA claims that they cannot handle, for some reason those very same "warhawks" have conviently ignored. See how easy that it is to forget about those who have been physically and mentally destroyed from needless wars and just feel good about giving them lip service about "thanks for your service" and now it is on to the next one

Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee

Im glad you dont because the whole thing IS BS!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Im glad you dont because the whole thing IS BS!!!!!!

There is a huge reason why other countries do not like America, it's not one country but many...
until we stay out of the problems of others and stop causing wars, and fix things in this country...
well, we're never going to get anywhere....

I'm not an Obama Hater, I just don't think any President has done that much for America in a long time....We need someone who works for the people, and stops caring about ratings. To be a good leader, (s) meaning WA, ya gotta stop and think about the repercussions of your decissions and how they are going to affect so many others, long term....we've become a nation of quick fixes and are unable to problem solve.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I have also read that it's virtually impossible to destroy chemical weapons, they can always make more. It's not that difficult for a chemist.

How would they destroy them? Blow them up? Water them down? Bury them?
Yes, agreed, totally.....we have so many chemical weapons ourselves, including many diseases that could wipe out Humans.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:59 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,601 times
Quote:
Yes, agreed, totally.....we have so many chemical weapons ourselves, including many diseases that could wipe out Humans.
I answered that question already.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-16-2013, 02:02 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee
There is a huge reason why other countries do not like America, it's not one country but many...
until we stay out of the problems of others and stop causing wars, and fix things in this country...
well, we're never going to get anywhere....

I'm not an Obama Hater......
A good reply but OBAMA IS ONE OF THE ONES DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies