Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 04:21 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,462,925 times

Advertisements

Funny how Obama's mind works.....

It's SO important to show Assad that using chemical weapons is bad, yet it can wait until he and Biden go golfing after the press conference and what's another week or so waiting for Congress to even begin to debate it (which could take days or weeks)?

I wonder how many innocent people he claims to care so much about will die in the interim?

I also loved how he said doing something to Assad was important to Syria's neighbors.....yet all of Syria's neighbors don't want anything to do with the US attacking Syria. Lebanon and Jordan have said no and so has Iraq.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-31-2013, 04:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,996,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I wish someone would get that seditious, traitorous rag out of this respectable forum.
You Sir came very close to owing me a new keyboard and monitor. It was just luck I put my beer down, and swallowed first

Old 08-31-2013, 04:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Well....you're right. Sometimes I just can't help myself in getting in a partisan dig, especially after being attacked by a bunch of rabid, right wing, pit bulls throughout the thread and all the way down the internet block. My pants are all shredded, they peed on my shoes and beat up my golden lab
Here..take a load off

Old 08-31-2013, 04:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,996,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
"WE"? Who is "we" - you? I don't hate Obama. Try disgust. Try no respect. But never hate.

What is stale is that when someone doesn't have some sick idol worship towards Obama his supporters get their knickers in a twist and get all hateful and claim that when someone who doesn't approve of Obama calls it "hate".

Oh, I'm impressed. Family members at the State Dept. I'm sure that they are so high up the chain that they see and hear everything and pass it on to you.

My connections? If I told you I would have to kill you.
That's what my bro in Law says too, but he's for real

Old 08-31-2013, 04:36 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Are you flirting with me??
Just so you know, there are others on this board, not necessarily on the same side of the issues as me, who have relatives who work for the State Dept and we know who each other are. They are always well informed and credible about what is really going on in our Foreign relations just because they get the scuttlebutt from first hand. There are PIO pieces(Public Information Official Releases) and then the water cooler scuttlebutt. The scuttlebutt is always more current and accurate. We never cross swords because we know the other's info is right but the spin on it is different. It is only some people like you who are out of any loop and only parrot the usual right wing/Libertarian talking points who are actually clueless.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
More "peachy" hard news from Libya that contradicts the so-called State Dept. reports (lol....the same folks that blamed a video for the murder of our Ambassador):

From the only English newspaper in Libya (not an opinion piece or Ask.com):
Benghazi colonel critical after booby-trapped car explodes | Libya Herald

Posted with TapaTalk
Well Bloody Hell!!!! I'm sure you'll be able to find all kinds of snippets of negative activity in Libya at this time. I guess you're a staunch supporter of Muammar Gaddafi or something? Besides the Benghazi fiasco, what Americans have died as a result of the revolution?

I'm not sure why you insist on portraying Libya as a failed state when that's not the case at all, but go right ahead, I'm tired of trading barbs with you.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:50 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,462,925 times
Quote:
Well Bloody Hell!!!! I'm sure you'll be able to find all kinds of snippets of negative activity in Libya at this time.
I sure can because it's a complete disaster with AlQaeda and other Islamists controlling large parts of the country.

The "government" is the Muslim Brotherhood who used to be on the US Terrorist Organization list.

Quote:
I guess you're a staunch supporter of Muammar Gaddafi or something? Besides the Benghazi fiasco, what Americans have died as a result of the revolution?
No, but Obama completely mishandled the ENTIRE Arab Spring....which is what you get when you have such amateurism in charge. He's clueless! He thought by his election alone the world would suddenly love us. What a fool!

Quote:
I'm not sure why you insist on portraying Libya as a failed state
Because I live in REALITY!

I don't make the news or have anything to do with what happens....I DO however know the FACTS.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-31-2013, 04:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Well Bloody Hell!!!! I'm sure you'll be able to find all kinds of snippets of negative activity in Libya at this time. I guess you're a staunch supporter of Muammar Gaddafi or something? Besides the Benghazi fiasco, what Americans have died as a result of the revolution?

I'm not sure why you insist on portraying Libya as a failed state when that's not the case at all, but go right ahead, I'm tired of trading barbs with you.
You see there's more to it.
Libya has turned into an AQ headquarters with AQ training camps all over the country.

To innocent people was Ghadaffi better because he kept the bad guys on a tight leash or is an extremist run Libya better where assassinations go unsolved and bombs could go off any time of the day or night ?

Old 08-31-2013, 04:51 PM

posted by softblueyz

Oh, I'm impressed. Family members at the State Dept. I'm sure that they are so high up the chain that they see and hear everything and pass it on to you.

Probably wasn't my smartest post of the day, but yes, they are not flunkies and no, they do not pass everything back on to me. I've explained the situation exactly in another post to you.

Everything I say or post on this forum I believe to be true and factual. Another truth is I find you to be a very nasty, mean spirited individual who's major aim is to hurt and dominate your opponents here in this discussion forum. It must be a matter of self esteem or something.
I wish we could discuss different points of view in a reasonable manner without all the caustic barbs and mindless retorts.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:53 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,792,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Funny how Obama's mind works.....

It's SO important to show Assad that using chemical weapons is bad, yet it can wait until he and Biden go golfing after the press conference and what's another week or so waiting for Congress to even begin to debate it (which could take days or weeks)?

I wonder how many innocent people he claims to care so much about will die in the interim?

I also loved how he said doing something to Assad was important to Syria's neighbors.....yet all of Syria's neighbors don't want anything to do with the US attacking Syria. Lebanon and Jordan have said no and so has Iraq.

Posted with TapaTalk
I understand it could take three weeks for the Senate to give it's dis/approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies