Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 05:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,671,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
OMG!!! P&OC has been infiltrated by the State Department!!!

I would suggest that you hold your gossip sessions in an office so that you can close the door and look professional. But that's probably not possible because you sit in a cluster of cubicles with 50 other public servants pushing paper and hanging over the divide to gossip wouldn't look very professional, not to mention how unproductive you are. Typical government employee and a waste of money. Is there any wonder why government public servants can't get a job in the private sector??

Since you don't have an office if you really want to get good scuttlebutt, hang out in the bathroom. The gossip there is so much better than the gossip at the water cooler. People around the water cooler generally need to one-up each other as in "I know more than you do".

Oh, I see you put your serious hat on.

And you are so out of touch.
Yeah, I guess you are right. There is no State Dept. no has there ever been. sorry I put you on the wrong track. Our state dept are just a bunch of bureaucratic flunkies anyway. Happy now?

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-31-2013 at 05:36 PM..

Old 08-31-2013, 05:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Quote:
Yeah, Libya is doing great.

Libyans fear standoff between Muslim Brotherhood and opposition forces | World news | The Guardian

Oh, Oh. Another Syria in the making????
Tidbit..Stevens was pushing the Brotherhood in both Libya and Egypt.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:24 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Someone posted that Obama threw Kerry under the bus by going to Congress after Kerry's war speech less than 48 hours ago. I agree. Obama has a very bad habit of letting his people drift in the wind with prepared statements that supposedly reflects the official US stance. He then does a 180 and cuts his people off at the knees. He did it with Susan Rice, Clinton and now Kerry.
It's one of the things I don't like about him and diminishes his standing in my eyes.

I haven't seen any official documentation concerning actual casualty figures for this sad event and the media is sending mixed messages depending on their political bent. Nobody in my family or others who frequent this board and have contacts with the Dept. of State have any insight into actual numbers either.
All along you have been defending Obama, tell me I "hate" Obama, and then you pop up with this post. There seems to have been a break through. You are seeing Obama & Company for what they are. There is still hope for you!

Old 08-31-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
So now it's "contacts" and they don't actually work at the State Department, and someone just passes the water cooler scuttlebutt on to them.

That's like taking 10 kids, line them up in a row, tell the first one a secret and they pass that secret on to the kid next to them, and it goes on that way until it finally reaches the last kid and the secret has been repackaged along the way.
You freaking idiot!!!! They are contacts and they actually do work for the State Dept! You feel the conversations I have with my kin concerning recent world events is not credible, that is your perogative and I could care less. But please stop insulting my family. I really don't care if you dismiss my posts as bunk. But leave the insults to my family alone. How many different ways do I have to put it?
What the hell is the matter with you? God, I'd give anything to be face to face with you right now. we'd sure have a good laugh........wouldn't we?

Old 08-31-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
All along you have been defending Obama, tell me I "hate" Obama, and then you pop up with this post. There seems to have been a break through. You are seeing Obama & Company for what they are. There is still hope for you!
Tex and I have been going toe to toe for years and never once have we resorted to insults and low blows. There have been actual times where we worried over a bone of contention for 10 pages and actually found consensus after all was said and done, believe it or not.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
What is this infiltration crap? Nobody who posts here is a member of the state dept. I've been retired for 5 years and not from the Dept of State. There are relatives of people who post here that work for the state dept. Why do you find this to be such an obnoxious threat? Why does this bother you so much? What have I done to you except post my thought and opinions concerning the Syrian events? Is this wrong?

Why do you feel it is necessary to grind me into the dirt and diminish me in a public forum? What have I ever done to you except disagree with you?

What the hell is WRONG with you!?!?
It's fine to disagree. You may want to think about the way YOU disagree. You make accusations about me as if you know me. You accuse me of hating Obama because I don't agree with his politics. You ask me if my blood pressure is on the rise. I make suppositions, you state facts. I've taken your snide remarks with a grain of salt and with humor.

If I hurt your feelings, I apologize. Maybe people who are sensitive should avoid forums where their feelings can't be hurt. Just saying.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
You freaking idiot!!!! They are contacts and they actually do work for the State Dept! You feel the conversations I have with my kin concerning recent world events is not credible, that is your perogative and I could care less. But please stop insulting my family. I really don't care if you dismiss my posts as bunk. But leave the insults to my family alone. How many different ways do I have to put it?
What the hell is the matter with you? God, I'd give anything to be face to face with you right now. we'd sure have a good laugh........wouldn't we?
Nice. Name calling and a major rant. Where did I mention your family in my post???

Here:

Don't worry honey, this too shall pass. We'll be best buds next week.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Tidbit..Stevens was pushing the Brotherhood in both Libya and Egypt.
That's because they won the first democratic election in Egypt in the 6000 year history of the country and the Obama administration thought they could work with them. They had the panache of a moderate Islam movement. The Obama administration was wrong. They are not moderate. Their stated goal is to govern using Islamic law. I hope that is a lesson for future presidents and administrations moving forward.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Tex and I have been going toe to toe for years and never once have we resorted to insults and low blows. There have been actual times where we worried over a bone of contention for 10 pages and actually found consensus after all was said and done, believe it or not.
And you don't see where you resort to insults and low blows???? How about you re-read your posts.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
And you don't see where you resort to insults and low blows???? How about you re-read your posts.
Obviously, there's something about the delivery that gets up my nose. I don't handle snark very well. I'll try to ignore that aspect in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies