Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 04:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
posted by softblueyz

Oh, I'm impressed. Family members at the State Dept. I'm sure that they are so high up the chain that they see and hear everything and pass it on to you.

Probably wasn't my smartest post of the day, but yes, they are not flunkies and no, they do not pass everything back on to me. I've explained the situation exactly in another post to you.

Everything I say or post on this forum I believe to be true and factual. Another truth is I find you to be a very nasty, mean spirited individual who's major aim is to hurt and dominate your opponents here in this discussion forum. It must be a matter of self esteem or something.
I wish we could discuss different points of view in a reasonable manner without all the caustic barbs and mindless retorts.
2 things to pass back to your contacts..see what they say about it:

1. Doctors with Borders reported 355 dead. Kerry says 1400+ dead
2. Kerry showed a 2003 picture of dead Iraqis to garner support to attack Syria

Old 08-31-2013, 05:01 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,462,770 times
Tell your fictitious relatives at State that I said they are morons.

Thank them for bring so brain dead not to increase security in a dangerous part of the world on the anniversary of 911.

And thank you so much for covering up their ineptitude with a laughable story about a video for weeks when the whole world knew better.

Thanks too for throwing an innocent video producer in jail to further your own misdeeds.

A special thanks for forcing the surviving victims of the attack to sign non-disclosure documents so they couldn't testify before Congress about the real facts. Because, we all know this is the most transparent administration in history.

Lastly, thank them for NOT bothering to find and kill the murderers.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-31-2013, 05:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
2 things to pass back to your contacts..see what they say about it:

1. Doctors with Borders reported 355 dead. Kerry says 1400+ dead
2. Kerry showed a 2003 picture of dead Iraqis to garner support to attack Syria
Someone posted that Obama threw Kerry under the bus by going to Congress after Kerry's war speech less than 48 hours ago. I agree. Obama has a very bad habit of letting his people drift in the wind with prepared statements that supposedly reflects the official US stance. He then does a 180 and cuts his people off at the knees. He did it with Susan Rice, Clinton and now Kerry.
It's one of the things I don't like about him and diminishes his standing in my eyes.

I haven't seen any official documentation concerning actual casualty figures for this sad event and the media is sending mixed messages depending on their political bent. Nobody in my family or others who frequent this board and have contacts with the Dept. of State have any insight into actual numbers either.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:03 PM

15,547 posts, read 10,539,245 times
"US Assumes leadership role in Syria crises, the West follows"

You might want to rethink the title.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:10 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,462,770 times
Quote:
Thanks for that. It is duly noted, recorded and filed for future reference. Have a nice day sucker.

You calling my family morons will come back to bite you in the butt, I promise.
I'm not too worried about figments of people's imaginations being insulted.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-31-2013, 05:11 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,792,297 times
Quote:
Just so you know, there are others on this board, not necessarily on the same side of the issues as me, who have relatives who work for the State Dept and we know who each other are. They are always well informed and credible about what is really going on in our Foreign relations just because they get the scuttlebutt from first hand. There are PIO pieces(Public Information Official Releases) and then the water cooler scuttlebutt. The scuttlebutt is always more current and accurate. We never cross swords because we know the other's info is right but the spin on it is different. It is only some people like you who are out of any loop and only parrot the usual right wing/Libertarian talking points who are actually clueless.
OMG!!! P&OC has been infiltrated by the State Department!!!

I would suggest that you hold your gossip sessions in an office so that you can close the door and look professional. But that's probably not possible because you sit in a cluster of cubicles with 50 other public servants pushing paper and hanging over the divide to gossip wouldn't look very professional, not to mention how unproductive you are. Typical government employee and a waste of money. Is there any wonder why government public servants can't get a job in the private sector??

Since you don't have an office if you really want to get good scuttlebutt, hang out in the bathroom. The gossip there is so much better than the gossip at the water cooler. People around the water cooler generally need to one-up each other as in "I know more than you do".

Oh, I see you put your serious hat on.

And you are so out of touch.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Someone posted that Obama threw Kerry under the bus by going to Congress after Kerry's war speech less than 48 hours ago. I agree. Obama has a very bad habit of letting his people drift in the wind with prepared statements that supposedly reflects the official US stance. He then does a 180 and cuts his people off at the knees. He did it with Susan Rice, Clinton and now Kerry.
It's one of the things I don't like about him and diminishes his standing in my eyes.

I haven't seen any official documentation concerning actual casualty figures for this sad event and the media is sending mixed messages depending on their political bent. Nobody in my family or others who frequent this board and have contacts with the Dept. of State have any insight into actual numbers either.
No one has. The most valid one is the Doctors without Borders one that they gave to the UN.
And their report did not confirm that it was sarin gas. They just wrote about the symptoms they treated.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Well Bloody Hell!!!! I'm sure you'll be able to find all kinds of snippets of negative activity in Libya at this time. I guess you're a staunch supporter of Muammar Gaddafi or something? Besides the Benghazi fiasco, what Americans have died as a result of the revolution?

I'm not sure why you insist on portraying Libya as a failed state when that's not the case at all, but go right ahead, I'm tired of trading barbs with you.
Yeah, Libya is doing great.

Quote:
Fears are growing in Libya of an Egypt-style standoff between the ruling Muslim Brotherhood and opposition forces, with rebels blockading key oil ports and the capital, Tripoli, braced for armed confrontation.

Leaders in the provinces of Cyrenaica and Fezzan are considering breaking away from the centre with rebel militias mobilising across the country.

With oil exports plunging 70%, the government has threatened to use force to capture oil terminals held by armed protesters, raising the risk of civil war.

The capital is tense, with nightly exchanges of gunfire. Diplomats, along with many ordinary Libyans, observe a self-imposed dusk-to-dawn curfew. The president of congress, Nuri Abu Sahmain, has summoned militias allied to the Brotherhood to the capital, deploying troops across the city to forestall what his commanders say is the threat of a coup.
Libyans fear standoff between Muslim Brotherhood and opposition forces | World news | The Guardian

Oh, Oh. Another Syria in the making????

Old 08-31-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:

Kerry was practically banging on the tables saying we could not wait one minute longer to attack Syria.
And now..the golf course is calling.

The Russian official was right..the US is dangerous and unpredictable.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
So now it's "contacts" and they don't actually work at the State Department, and someone just passes the water cooler scuttlebutt on to them.

That's like taking 10 kids, line them up in a row, tell the first one a secret and they pass that secret on to the kid next to them, and it goes on that way until it finally reaches the last kid and the secret has been repackaged along the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies