Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
I just saw the ratings where MSNBC is down 50 percent year over year. It looks like the main shows are tanking bad. In my opinion its because they have went with people like Melissa Harris Perry and RM who are so over the top it turns off a lot of moderates. It seems that this has caused the drop. I do not know how it will affect the format but I would think it would have to change.
Maddow's show has been on for 4 years, so that doesnt make sense and MHP has a morning show on the week ends, her ratings are more than likely not included in what ever you were looking at.

Your comment doesnt really add up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 06:56 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Compared to August 2012, MSNBC was down -28% in total viewers and -32% in the A25-54 demographic in total day and -36% and -32%, respectively, in primetime.
August 2012 was election season. Everyone's lower than they were in August 2012.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Al Jazeera is a terrorist network. Plain and simple.
Yes, to most of those with a 4th grade education because it has an Arabic name.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:02 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well if that's the case, what are you bellyaching about?

If liberal shows are all doomed to failure for market reasons, fine! Is that any skin off of your back?

If what you're saying is so self evident, you wouldn't need to point it out to us on a constant basis. The chips would fall where they fall without the need for you guys to cry about it.

Which proves that you don't really believe what you're saying. Welcome to the club.
You are delusional. You entire response was out of context and ludicrous.

This thread is not really about Maddow at all, it's about liberalism in media as a whole. No one wants to listen to partisan hacks whine, moan and ridicule, or watch it. The more they exposed to the hate-filled leftists, like those on MSNBC the more bored they get. I'm just pointing out the truth, the writing has been on the wall.

BTW, the same goes for partisan right-wing hacks too. If all a person does is distort the truth, skew the facts, and demonize and ridicule their political and ideological opponents, it gets old, and people tune it out.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Default Ah, the Same for Conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
To the contrary -we do love a good laugh.

But seriously, it's not our responsibility to keep liberal voices on the air. That's the responsibility of stations electing to air liberal voices. Their incompetence is not our fault.

Maybe liberals really like being lied to and treated like children. Maybe they like being told not only what to think, but also how to feel about it. (I hope that's actually not true, myself.) Now if you could only get the people extruding the liberal babble, name calling, and baby talk to listen to you, maybe a few liberal outfits could manage to hold on to a few more viewers.

You guys really do blame everything on somebody else. Grow up.
Just substitute the word "Conservatives" instead of "Liberals" in this post and you will have the way many people are affected by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. Talk about swallowing pablum--many Repubs listen to Fox News all day!!!

Old 08-28-2013, 07:12 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are delusional. You entire response was out of context and ludicrous.

This thread is not really about Maddow at all, it's about liberalism in media as a whole. No one wants to listen to partisan hacks whine, moan and ridicule, or watch it. The more they exposed to the hate-filled leftists, like those on MSNBC the more bored they get. I'm just pointing out the truth, the writing has been on the wall.

BTW, the same goes for partisan right-wing hacks too. If all a person does is distort the truth, skew the facts, and demonize and ridicule their political and ideological opponents, it gets old, and people tune it out.

If your second paragraph is correct why are Sean Hannity's and Rush Limbaugh's ratings high, some of what you indicate is correct but there are many shows that distort the truth and do quite well. Many people like to see reinforcement of their distorted views of the world that is why they love Sean Hannity.

Maddow's show leans to the left but for all the criticism is quite well organized and factual. Her show runs an hour and takes considerable work to put together and regardless of your leanings offers an insight, compared that to the Sean Hannity show that amounts to a wrestling match.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:20 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
I personally like Rachel Maddow, but sometimes her show goes too much in depth on a subject at such a late hour in the evening.

Also, politics is kind of boring right now. Not that much going on. Old Rush and Sean can always lie to make an interesting show for their avid viewers and believers!

Old 08-28-2013, 09:21 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
You cons won't be happy until there are no liberal voices left on the air at all.

I very much like listening to many different POV's.

But Mr. Maddow....and all the other snide and smarmy know-it-alls are driving that channel into extinction.

Giving your POV is fine....preachy dogma and ultra cherry-picked facts are a turn-off for most.

Same thing happened/happens all the time to liberal talk radio.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:32 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Morning Joe Scarbourogh gets paid more because he brings his EXPERIENCE as a congressman to the table, so his opinions are more credible. Rachael Maddow is just spouting her opinion based on something she learned in college. Like Obama, she has no credibility.
Oh, but haven't you heard? He, I mean she is a Rhodes Scholar who did his, I mean her thesis on..........AIDS.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It would be nice if you could actually debate what Maddow said and prove her wrong instead of just labeling her as bias.

Dont get me wrong, she is bias, but that does not mean what she is saying is untrue. You should be able to articulate your disagreement with what she says.
BIASED, for God's sake!

BIASED.

Not BIAS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies