Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 PM

3,081 posts, read 3,240,101 times

Advertisements

Okay, for the record. I am black. I'm posting this as a response to the question that's been asked for so long. I've gone through countless threads reading statistics, data, etc showings that blacks [unfortunately] are over represented when it comes to violent crime. With that being said, that population is only a small population of blacks. I'm pretty sure many of the individuals quoting these stats verbatim do not encounter these types of black americans on a regular basis. As a black person I am also sickened by the crimes committed by certain members of my race, however I'm not going to go on a self-hate rant about my own b/c that does not solve anything and neither does being called an animal or being profiled for a crime that has nothing to do with me.

Now that that is out of the say, here is the answer to the question that so many have been asking? Why don't "good" blacks speak out against the crime in the black community. Why don't they denounce it? I call wrong wrong when I see it. Was I saddened by the GZ/TM verdict? You bet your ass I was! Do I find this to be a reason to kill whites in retaliation? No way! What does that do? Now we have two or more unnecessary deaths. Just because I am not actively devoting my life to speaking about against the issues in the black community does not mean that I don't care. Just because I'm not speaking publicly or w/ a megaphone does not mean I'm not speaking about it at all. Why is it that when a white person shoots up a school, whites are not expected to carry the burden for that one individual, however when a black person kills someone, we are all lumped as one as if we ALL committed the murder?

The reason that I don't devote my life to this cause is b/c IT'S NOT MY JOB!!!!! Sure I'll say something is wrong when it's wrong, I'll rebuke a black american if he's a thug or killing for the hell of it, however it is not my job to know what every black person on the face of the earth is doing at every given moment. Even if I did speak publicly against it, I cannot be in every black person's brain. I am my own person and I try to set a positive example of a black man, however I am NOT the poster child for one and it's NOT MY JOB to be one. Just b/c YOU encounter a black who dislikes whites or commits a violent act against a white person (and with all sincerity if you are a white person who's been attacked by one I am truly sorry) does not mean that EVERY black person that you meet will do that. Many blacks are joining the middle class and are moving out of the crime ridden neighborhoods that they grew up in. Just because you don't hear about it does not mean that blacks are not demanding a better life for their future generations. Oh and another thing, don't associate me w/ Jesse Jackson or "Reverend" (and I use that term very loosely) Al Sharpton as if they are the only speakers for black people and that I automatically idolize them b/c I happen to be black. I am a law abiding citizen and that's what I wish to be treated as.

Feel free to respond.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 08-22-2013 at 11:01 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 10:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,504,397 times
Because individuals are responsible for crime, not "race".

White people don't all rally together and protest when a white person kills and then charge themselves with guilt over a white person killing someone or committing treason.

How many white people stood up when Bradley Manning gave secrets away? How many said, "c'mon white people, we can do better than this"... NOBODY!

How many white people stood up when Tim McVeigh blew up the OK City Fed Building? How many said, white people need to stop using bombs to kill people? How many said, we need GUN CONTROL?

You being black has zero to do with black people committing crime. You're NOT RESPONSIBLE for crimes you didn't commit.

End the race baiting, and race panderers who make a living off of "being the voice of black people" the sharptons, the jacksons etc.

INDIVIDUALS COMMIT CRIME, RACE IS IRRELEVANT.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,061,868 times
Race is only relevant in the media as has been proven recently. If you think different you haven't been paying attention. Most folk USA just want to live their lives.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:06 PM

31,295 posts, read 22,279,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Race is only relevant in the media as has been proven recently. If you think different you haven't been paying attention. Most folk USA just want to live their lives.
The media will play what sells the best. War, Race, Sex and Politics are the best sellers this season. It's the nature of the beast. If you can get all of them mixed together everyone would be fixed to their TVs. Imagine the ratings

Old 08-22-2013, 11:15 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,999,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The media will play what sells the best. War, Race, Sex and Politics are the best sellers this season. It's the nature of the beast. If you can get all of them mixed together everyone would be fixed to their TVs. Imagine the ratings

I think we're already there.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 PM

9,022 posts, read 13,893,141 times
Well,to be fair,other groups are expected to stand up for their own kind too.

How many times do we hear about the gay community,as if they all think the same?

Or the Hispanic community?
Pro life community?
The Christian community?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,061,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You work for CNN? LOL

Sadly we are there and most just want the nightly gunfights, killings, car wrecks, police chases etc. to get their "fix". It is really sad. The "news" isn't news anymore just a reality show.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:35 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,549,222 times
Race has a hell of a lot to do with where Americans choose to live, to the extent they are able to choose where they live. Social engineers in government hate it and want to reduce our ability to segregate ourselves from thugs. That's one reason some people vote against their economic interests; some things trump economics.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,183,861 times
We specifically sought out WhitePeopleVille when we built our latest house and we offer no apologies for it.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:01 AM

945 posts, read 971,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Because individuals are responsible for crime, not "race".

White people don't all rally together and protest when a white person kills and then charge themselves with guilt over a white person killing someone or committing treason.

How many white people stood up when Bradley Manning gave secrets away? How many said, "c'mon white people, we can do better than this"... NOBODY!

How many white people stood up when Tim McVeigh blew up the OK City Fed Building? How many said, white people need to stop using bombs to kill people? How many said, we need GUN CONTROL?

You being black has zero to do with black people committing crime. You're NOT RESPONSIBLE for crimes you didn't commit.

End the race baiting, and race panderers who make a living off of "being the voice of black people" the sharptons, the jacksons etc.

INDIVIDUALS COMMIT CRIME, RACE IS IRRELEVANT.
Anti-white, what a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies