Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:52 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, why does this even need to be explained. Some will never get it. I think you're awesome.
It only needs to be explained to people for whom sexual orientation is, indeed, a choice. What they don't get is that for the rest of the world, sexual orientation cannot be switched to the flavor du jour.

You see, their only reality is that it IS a choice because for them, it IS. For you, me, and rlarson, and most of the rest of humanity, there is no choice involved and these people simply cannot believe that.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:55 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Are people born transgender? Are there brain differences between gays and transgenders and straights?

Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There has been several stories as of late where troubled teens having problems dealing with their sexuality and being gay and committing suicide, which is just completely unacceptable to me........ sad sad waste of a life...

I just don't think with all of the societal pressure to "be straight and fit in" that someone is going to choose being gay.

I mean it's possible of course, but for me, IDK, I have always thought and will continue to do so, that gay people are born that way...... I don't have any fancy science to back up my claim, other than to me it just seem like common sense.....

Kids choose to be goth.

NEXT!

Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
No I knew who he was as did everyone in town,Quite the gay man,looking for some easy pickens. glad my Dad was home to serve him some real Man.
Sorry you are WRONG, only a Pedo would go after a child and most Pedos are "straight", some don't care they just want a child, they are unable to have relationship with another adult, it is MUCH easier for a male Pedo to get close enough to a male child than a female child ....

Oh by the way that did NOT make your Dad a "real man" but something else I can't type here.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Kids choose to be goth.

NEXT!
Well you're talking to an unchosrn gay person so if first hand experiencers aren't proof for you then you are whats called intellectually dishonest. I don't think you're interested in the truth just picking a side and sticking to it.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:01 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post

No, marriage was originally a pooling of resources but has evolved to - are you ready? - acknowledge people's emotions. Does you spouse know that you married her/him for sex, only?
He doesn't have sex with his wife, they have no plans to have a child so there is no reason to ... He has stated this in an open thread.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:04 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernesther View Post
One particular thing that struck me was all of you believe people are born gay..
Even after some posters admitting to having heterosexual relationships prior to getting involved with a same sex partner.

One poster, and I quote..
"I was faking being straight."

Whatever that means..
You know exactly what that means; the poster was faking attraction to the opposite sex.

This isn't rocket science. What is so difficult to understand?

Are you straight? If so, did you choose to be attracted to the opposite sex?

Are you gay? If so, did you choose to be attracted to the same sex?

Old 09-02-2013, 11:06 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
He doesn't have sex with his wife, they have no plans to have a child so there is no reason to ... He has stated this in an open thread.
Then he shouldn't have married. He stated that marriage is rooted in sex.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I don't care about a theory, one way or the other. Because i have always had gay friends and accept them for who they are, not what they sleep with, that is so shallow.

I am married a long long long time from a young age and still have that passion, being straight just who i am. Just as long as people know who they are, and don't play any games. The games is what ruins so many peoples lives. I have always loved men, just who i am appeciate a good looking women, because i keep myself fit and trim and sexy for hubby. But don't want to be with one, just apprecaite women who do work out as i do. I just don't want any flab on my body, just who i am.

Look your either straight or gay, or inbetween, that's another story.

I don't care if your born straight or gay, or turn later in life, that is the persons business not mine to make. Just know and accept who you are, in the long run you will be better off.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by parfleche

I believe people are born gay so be it.When I
lived on the Ute Rez it was ok to be an indian princess no one cared and in the
town I reside I reside in now it is OK too. I am heterosexual redneck cowboy and
have no problem with it.I used to be not ok with it but realized it was no
threat and enjoy visiting with the lesbians a couple houses down. As a
kid I was approached by a gay guy with bad intentions and hated it he followed
me home
and at the last minute I ran to my dad who promptly kicked his
ass,and we got my bike back without trading for what he wanted.Took a while to
loose the hate after that. One bad apple spoils the whole basket
As a girl I was approached by men who followed me home, men who exposed themselves and men who fondled me.
Gay has nothing to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies