Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:20 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,713 times

Advertisements

I find it odd that mainly blacks and whites like to "pick sides"(usually their own) when it comes to race related issues.

I've had the pleasure of being exposed to lots of different people from different walks of life. I've come to the conclusion, there is not a lot of different between blacks and whites, at the core of the person. Life experiences are different but that's the same for 2 white people, just because they are white doesn't mean they experience the same kind of life same goes for blacks.

I think whites are in denial about the privileges that they have as much as blacks are in denial about many of the issues that take place in the "black community".

Funny thing is, neither group wants to hear the truth from the other. BUT either group will point fingers at the other. I've heard whites talking about blacks and I've heard blacks talking about whites but I never hear each group be honest an taking about themselves.

Blacks and whites always, it seems, take the side of their own race.

Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 05:07 AM

411 posts, read 901,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I find it odd that mainly blacks and whites like to "pick sides"(usually their own) when it comes to race related issues.

I've had the pleasure of being exposed to lots of different people from different walks of life. I've come to the conclusion, there is not a lot of different between blacks and whites, at the core of the person. Life experiences are different but that's the same for 2 white people, just because they are white doesn't mean they experience the same kind of life same goes for blacks.

I think whites are in denial about the privileges that they have as much as blacks are in denial about many of the issues that take place in the "black community".

Funny thing is, neither group wants to hear the truth from the other. BUT either group will point fingers at the other. I've heard whites talking about blacks and I've heard blacks talking about whites but I never hear each group be honest an taking about themselves.

Why is that?
Well I for one resent this. I am white and I was never privileged. More whites are not privileged than are. Stupid liberal crap like affirmative action and blind political correctness were designed to neutralize these imaginary privileges but it just created more problems. When black people can get their incarceration rate down about 75% and the men can start fathering their children and they get off their BS section 8 vouchers, then we can start to look at that race seriously as a positive contribution to society. Until then they are just a massive drain. One big fat drain.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:52 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,702,134 times
Viewing that side that you oppose as "the side of 'Blacks'' own race" is a self-fulfilling bit of rationalization of bigotry and hate, as demonstrated by the first response to the OP. Many of those advocating for the issues that it-just-so-happens-that a lot of people of color (because these issues are of-concern to more than just 'Blacks') care about are not people of color themselves, but rather simply people who don't hold to the offensively discriminatory and disparaging characterizations that are the foundation of some of the rhetoric posted above.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:52 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
I don't. I pick right from wrong. If one group is more typically wrong, oh, well! Fix it!

Old 09-03-2013, 06:00 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
a self-fulfilling bit of rationalization of bigotry and hate
I don't. I pick right from wrong. If one group is more typically wrong, oh, well! Fix it!
Thank you for posting an excellent example of what I was warning about.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:14 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Tribal- we haven't advanced as much as we think we have in the last 10,000 years.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:26 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,706,529 times
And here I thought we were going to missing out on race-baiting threads on the P&OC forums today...

Question for you, OP, why do you make statements like this:
Quote:
While knowing that they are fundamentally untrue? The majority of people I know, both black and white, look at the problems with society as problems with society, not as solely a black problem or a white problem.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Thank you for posting an excellent example of what I was warning about.
You were warning about?

lol.

If you're part of the 'wrong' group, fix it! I can't help you. You're the one who mentions 'color'. Feeling culpable?

Old 09-03-2013, 06:28 AM

411 posts, read 901,083 times
Quote:
Viewing that side that you oppose as "the side of 'Blacks'' own race" is a self-fulfilling bit of rationalization of bigotry and hate, as demonstrated by the first response to the OP. Many of those advocating for the issues that it-just-so-happens-that a lot of people of color (because these issues are of-concern to more than just 'Blacks') care about are not people of color themselves, but rather simply people who don't hold to the offensively discriminatory and disparaging characterizations that are the foundation of some of the rhetoric posted above.

complete BS. I stand by every word. Your post is wishful thinking and surely not a representation of how things really are. You are trying to sound smarter than I think you are in that post. If you want to ignore obvious trends to appease your liberal muse than you go right ahead. Doesn't change the fact that you are dead wrong. Not only dead wrong but a big part of the problem. When you want to seriously debate the issue I will be here. Until then I advise you to stop trying to sound pretentious. Your post is crap in other words.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:34 AM
bUU

Kudos to those of you making it clear that you really mean the indefensible things you wrote. You may not be able to claim the moral high ground but you can at least say that you're doggedly determined. My post was moral repudiation of rationalization of bigotry and hate, and of offensively discriminatory and disparaging characterizations. Clearly folks who find themselves supporting such disreputable perspectives are going to not be happy with their perspectives being exposed in that light. That's very predictable reaction to such exposure. The best way of not being exposed as supporting indefensibly offensive perspectives is to avoid advocating indefensibly offensive perspectives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies