Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The more I watch Hannity the more I don't like him very well. He just repeats these same rehersed sound bites over and over and over again.

First we heard him say the Dirty air and water crap a million times, now he's on the "days, not weeks, no boots on the ground" crap.
He says the same thing over and over again. The problem with Hannity is the sarcasm. I can't take anyone seriously when they call the POTUS silly nicknames like a fifth grader.

If a station is fair and balanced... why the hell do they have to say "fair and balanced"

They have Dems on but they interrupt them and talk over them... and if one actually has a chance to make a good point you get the "out of time, hage to go to commercial.... God bless America and no one else"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 02:44 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How surprising! Another anti-education thread by the supporters of the Party of Stupid.

Did the screecher Hannity attend college?
How is this Anti Education? I am for School Vouchers, Chatter schools, computer based class rooms, ect

Party of Stupid?

lets see what the dems believe shall we?

Let`s not use our own energy.
Let`s not give students and parents the choice over where they send the kids, all the while throwing more money at the problem created by the teachers unions.
Let`s not enforce our immigration laws, and not secure our borders.
Lets not obey the 2nd Amendment of the of rights.
Lets not pass a fair tax
Lets keep attacking anyone who looks at the debt and the rate of growth of entitlements and can do basic math.

So I ask you, which party is stupider?

Old 09-07-2013, 02:45 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
What is a computer based class room? Is it a classroom that has computers?

Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I was thinking about this last night and started to remember what it was like when I went to college. I was divorced with 3 kids and a dead beat husband.

I did a double major of Behavioral Science and Business. I was a liberal.

In the 1984 election cycle one of my professors had an election party at his home and invited a group of us over to watch the returns. We were all terrified when Mondale didn't win because we were told the Republicans were going to pull all the student loans and we wouldn't be able to finish school. This was in Nebraska.

Your ideas may come from your friends and family but while you are away at school those that are in a position of authority become your family, or at least in my experience.

After getting my degrees and moving on it didn't take long to see that while the feel good legislation of the left sounded good it just didn't work in the reality of life. Giving things to people with no strings attached doesn't teach them how to get those things on their own. It also doesn't help them realize the feeling of accomplishment that goes along with achievement. Without the internal motivation of pride in our accomplishments we end up with a class of people that are satisfied with sitting back and letting others do the work.

There will always be a small segment of the population that physically or mentally can't take care of themselves. The left will say that Republicans won't help them, just like they tried to tell me in 1984 that I wouldn't get student loans. I don't know anyone on this planet that thinks we shouldn't care for those that are truly unable to work. But in the minds of many I know, there are a lot of people getting benefits that don't fit that category.

Oh well, rant off.
Exactly I was at a HBCU in 2000 and to hear my friends and professors tell it if Bush won America as we know it would end. I wasn't politically aware then and I did vote for Gore but I thought they were over reacting.

One thing I realize engaging folks on Twitter is that a lot people really form opinions on issues they really have no clue about and will reference some celebrity as the authority on the subject.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:23 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You know not all college kids are morons. Some actually do have a great head on their shoulders and understand what's going on in the world. And I guarantee, even without watching the show, that none of them said they wanted higher taxes.
They sure did.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am talking about the students on the show. If you don't think they were hand picked to back up Hannity's beliefs than you are the sheep here....sorry.
No. You are the questionable one here for making "informed" comments about a show you didn't watch.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:49 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Hannity is a tool. So are many college students who simply eat up whatever info or ideology is put before them. I thought college was a place to learn to think critically?

Isn't Hannity just a HS grad? Does anyone else think he has some other point to prove?

Old 09-07-2013, 04:15 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
What these kids don't understand is the more the government takes from our check the less money goes to small business or any business that creates jobs.. The tax base shrinks and the welfare rolls eat up more money.

The more people working the better our economy is.. the government can stifle job creation or help it.. Taking large taxes from the middle class will leave a dwindling economy with less buying power in each family. The government 's new Obamacare will take billions out of the economy , put it into healthcare and businesses will suffer.

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times
"If you're under 30 and not liberal, you have no heart... If you're over 30 and not conservative, you have no brain."

Don't worry, these young ones will grow up. Eventually.

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
What is a computer based class room? Is it a classroom that has computers?
The use of Ipad, laptops, and video bases lesson formats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies