Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:06 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times

Advertisements

1. National health care sounds interesting since we havent been able to afford health insurance for awhile, 2. personally I think we need to just get out of Iraq and let them blow themselves up since violence is all they seem to believe in.
3. I dont pay any attention to the mega millionaire movie stars anyway. 4. Illegal immigrants need to be sent back home, but I know this isnt reality ( I can dream cant I) 5. North Korea and iran have been around and playing dirty for alot longer than six years.
6. ALL politians say what they think you want to hear, it is becoming hard to vote anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 07:13 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,396 times
Bush wants amnesty for illegal aliens. Do not just blame the democrates.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:16 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Bush wants amnesty for illegal aliens. Do not just blame the democrates.
Oh I dont, they are both to blame since neither party will do what needs to be done. They are really lucky I am not in office.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:01 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
National Health care will be a government program like Medicaid a welfare type of program. If Canadians have such a good program why do they come here to have certain operations performed? I'd like to see the doctors on this program. They'll soak us all in taxes for this and we'll get nothing out of it. I can see Cancer patients now on this program. They won't be any better off than they are now.

How many resolutions do we need to make one stick? Why do we have a UN? The reason why Bush is fighting this PC war is because of the Democrats. I wish he would stop worrying about what CNN and Dems are saying and take care of business.

I rather here a bible-thumper than listen to that big mouth Streisand and that dumb as a rock Alec Baldwin anyday.

You can blame Clinton for N Korea and his friend Madelyn Notsobright.

If you like the common good slogan I believe China may be able to help you out. I'm not for redistribution of wealth. I make my own money and I want to keep it in my pocket.

These Dems do care about anyone, they talk a big game and go back to their mansions wasting fuel. Just like that phony Gore with his rants about global warming and Kerry flying all over the place wasting gas on his private jet. You guys keep eating up that stuff. It's always Bush Bush Bush everything is Bush's fault.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:03 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Democrats don't have to make an effort...Republicans have been running the country for the last six years, majority in the house and senate.

I agree with your assessment of congress...nuff said!

I still insist that Bush's plan to spy on Americans, allow illegal aliens in to create a feudal society here, etc., etc., ....well, we may as well be dead! Live Free or Die!

Clinton has his own spying game going on. You don't want to hear that though.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:18 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
Honestly I think the whole Republican/Democrat thing has to go..maybe then things will run better. Some people will vote all republican or all democrat just because of the label.It should be canidate a b or c.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 AM

622 posts, read 2,709,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
Honestly I think the whole Republican/Democrat thing has to go..maybe then things will run better. Some people will vote all republican or all democrat just because of the label.It should be canidate a b or c.
you're right! i wish i could keep myself informed enough to know where each candidate stands exactly, instead of looking at them through a republican/democrat perspective. then, i would probably vote both ways. however, that is hard to do today, as the information isnt readily available to all of us. i mean, its there, put its not pushed on us- we have to dig. unfortunately, it is the media's job to keep us informed and they have not been doing their job for a number of years. it shouldn't be like this at all- because most people just give up and vote for one side or the other (myself included) because thats the only way they know that at least some of their ideas and values are being represented.

but, i'm in total agreement here. this black & white thinking really divides us. i cant seem to be taken seriously without someone thinking, "just another liberal, i'm not listening to them." i try very hard to not think that way about conservatives, and always listen. this divide is very unhealthy for us all! we should stand together as americans and really discuss things, without labelling each other and creating preconceived notions about what another party stands for.

i've met some republicans that make a lot of sense. i've met some democrats that make a lot of sense. i've met some wacky liberals. i've met some wacky conservatives.

i hate political parties.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:13 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
Quote:
you're right! i wish i could keep myself informed enough to know where each candidate stands exactly, instead of looking at them through a republican/democrat perspective. then, i would probably vote both ways. however, that is hard to do today, as the information isnt readily available to all of us. i mean, its there, put its not pushed on us- we have to dig. unfortunately, it is the media's job to keep us informed and they have not been doing their job for a number of years. it shouldn't be like this at all- because most people just give up and vote for one side or the other (myself included) because thats the only way they know that at least some of their ideas and values are being represented.

but, i'm in total agreement here. this black & white thinking really divides us. i cant seem to be taken seriously without someone thinking, "just another liberal, i'm not listening to them." i try very hard to not think that way about conservatives, and always listen. this divide is very unhealthy for us all! we should stand together as americans and really discuss things, without labelling each other and creating preconceived notions about what another party stands for.

i've met some republicans that make a lot of sense. i've met some democrats that make a lot of sense. i've met some wacky liberals. i've met some wacky conservatives.

i hate political parties.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:52 AM

2,224 posts, read 772,298 times
I wasn't going to comment ...until I read these last three posts. Why does everything have to be so divided? Labels really, for lack of a better term, suck. Thank you, you two! The best posts of the whole thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:43 PM

328 posts, read 240,046 times
If you truly believe that our Government is responsible for the horrific tragedy of September 11, 2001, then please do all of us a favor by moving to Iran or North Korea...you know, if you don't feel safe in the U.S. America is not perfect, but it is still the epitome of freedom, sometimes to a fault, and it is, without a doubt the greatest country on Earth! I'm certain that most Americans feel the same way, whether Republicans, Democrats or Independents. God Bless America...please don't be offended if you are an atheist! We are the United States of America...and I will always be thankful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies