Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times

Advertisements

Union Square beating victim dies of injuries after possible hate crime | 7online.com

Props to the guy @ :52 for telling it exactly as he saw it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 06:10 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
This is a clear cut hate crime. Will it be charged as such? Prolly not..... the guy yelled that he was going to beat the next white person he saw.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:11 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
What was/is he so angry about, he ruined 2 lives, that of the victim and his own. Very sad that animals like him roam the street. You are on a crowded street, you are liable to get bumped into.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:13 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Wow OP, thanks for reminding me to place you on ignore.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Translation: Wow, I have no argument.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:17 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Translation: Wow, I have no argument.
Well there is no argument to the declaration that if a white man bumps into a black man they might die.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Well there is no argument to the declaration that if a white man bumps into a black man they might die.
Exactly...

But I am a little confused as to why she would even post that she was supposed to ignore me. She has said I was on ignore more than once.

*shrugs*

Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I see. So all the threads that were started saying that All you need to die is be black with a hoodie and buy tea and skittles are ok, but the thread about being white and bumping into someone and dying because of it is not?

I think what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I understand that there are racists of all races. I also understand that not only racism, but prejudice and bias exists throughout all races, all nationalities, both sexes, political parties, etc etc. (Yes liberals AND conservatives both have racists in their ranks).

I understand why the OP started the thread. He reminds us that this type of thing happens, but NORMALLY, it's not the black person that gets charged with a hate crime because of it.

Quite frankly I think hate crime is a stupid moniker. I am not aware of many crimes committed because one person likes the other. A crime is a crime, and should be treated as such, equally. Intent because a person is different shouldn't change things, we should observe a crime was committed and punish the crime. If it was premeditated, then add that consideration in on sentencing.

Last edited by Darkatt; 09-10-2013 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Spelling correction, curtosy of Knowledgeiskey

Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 AM

I agree that hate crimes are insanely stupid.....

BUT, since we have them and there are plenty of instances where people love to reach far drawn conclusions to slam white people with these enhancements...This dude better get the screws put to him with it.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I see. So all the threads that were started saying that All you need to die is be black with a hoodie and buy tea and skittles are ok, but the thread about being white and bumping into someone and dieing because of it is not?

I think what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I understand that there are racists of all races. I also understand that not only racism, but prejudice and bias exists throughout all races, all nationalities, both sexes, political parties, etc etc. (Yes liberals AND conservatives both have racists in their ranks).

I understand why the OP started the thread. He reminds us that this type of thing happens, but NORMALLY, it's not the black person that gets charged with a hate crime because of it.

Quite frankly I think hate crime is a stupid moniker. I am not aware of many crimes committed because one person likes the other. A crime is a crime, and should be treated as such, equally. Intent because a person is different shouldn't change things, we should observe a crime was committed and punish the crime. If it was premeditated, then add that consideration in on sentencing.
Dying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies