Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 04:24 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,882,197 times

Advertisements

In order for good will and charity to expand you need face to face interaction between people. We have already seen that with their own skin in the game, liberals are least generous. If you take away the human element and create an entitlement class via the government, you get something that is expected amongst the laziest in ourt society. Experience is gained not from getting what you want, but from not getting what you want. Sadly, those generous with others money don't seem to understand this. Perhaps this is why studies have shown that they give far less of their own money to charity.

Machiavelli's Mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 04:38 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
In order for good will and charity to expand you need face to face interaction between people. We have already seen that with their own skin in the game, liberals are least generous. If you take away the human element and create an entitlement class via the government, you get something that is expected amongst the laziest in ourt society. Experience is gained not from getting what you want, but from not getting what you want. Sadly, those generous with others money don't seem to understand this. Perhaps this is why studies have shown that they give far less of their own money to charity.

Machiavelli's Mistake

In general, liberals strongly prefer to throw money at a problem than to get down in the trenches of say, the War on Poverty.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:45 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:

Machiavelli's Mistake
conservatives are consumed with narrative. Not data or facts. What you wrote only makes sense if you agree with the basic narrative.

We live in a world with nations that are far more liberal than America. This is objective reality. If you want to see a more liberal nation there are plenty to choose.

Do those nation's fit your description? Of course not, this is why what you wrote is garbage and useless.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:49 PM

219 posts, read 285,642 times
Someone has conservative on the brain.... I count sheep when I sleep, they count conservatives

Old 09-11-2013, 06:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives are consumed with narrative. Not data or facts. What you wrote only makes sense if you agree with the basic narrative.

We live in a world with nations that are far more liberal than America. This is objective reality. If you want to see a more liberal nation there are plenty to choose.

Do those nation's fit your description? Of course not, this is why what you wrote is garbage and useless.
They are not very logical either, explain how on one hand Cons say all Libs are nonworking welfare babies and then on the other hand say those some poor drains on society are supposed to give more than the oh so compassionate "conservatives". Logic and Facts are not their friend so that is why they ignore them.

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 09-11-2013 at 06:18 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 06:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:

Machiavelli's Mistake
Huh???

Old 09-11-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They are nmot very logical either, explain how on one hand Cons say all Libs are none working welfare babies and then on the other hand those some poor drains on society are supposed to give more then the oh so compassionate "conservatives". Logic and Facts are not their friend so that is why they ignore them.
Isn't it the truth At least you are coming to terms finally

Old 09-11-2013, 06:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
Isn't it the truth At least you are coming to terms finally
Sorry, I gave up on discussing anything with Paulbots during the the elections, pointless and not worth another second of my time. Don't waste your time replying to me, I will not be replying to you again. Thanks and Goodbye

Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sorry, I gave up on discussing anything with Paulbots during the the elections, pointless and not worth another second of my time. Don't waste your time replying to me, I will not be replying to you again. Thanks and Goodbye
In other words, you lost the argument because you had nothing..... I am not a Paul supporter, although he would have been better than Obama or Romney

Keep it up, you still are hitless in going on.....life

Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
I find it fascinating that somehow giving out lots of welfare for money is now redefined as "liberal society."

While I doubt anyone from either side of the aisle truly thinks that generational welfare is really good for society as a whole or even the people who are dependent upon the government, trying to define the entire concept of "liberal" - whatever that means - by a single dead-horse issue is laughable.

Oh, and for those keeping track, handing out lots of money to poor, rural counties in deep red states doesn't help those people, either. Is that "liberal," or is it "conservative" because those people love guns more?

As for human interaction, I have no idea what that has to do this. Is this based upon the notion that "the government" is some shadowy, faceless entity that makes decisions (all of them bad, of course) on its own vs. being an organization composed of people? And why would modern Tea Party conservatives, who have made it very clear that they hate other people - at these those who aren't exactly like them - be wanting a return to face to face communications? All the Tea Party people I have the misfortune of knowing only want to get "face to face" with people when it comes to threatening them with guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies