Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 08:00 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Is this sarcasm, or ???
No. The UK post office is cheaper and just as fast as all of the private options. It's not more profitable, but it's a public service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 08:07 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Firstly, in bold. Let me get this straight. You are equating someone who develops cancer, multiple sclerosis, or AIDS to someone who is committing suicide.
I did no such thing.

Quote:

You are so sick! I can't believe that just happened. CONSERVATIVES! Come try and defend your brother in arms on this one! lol. You must really not have many out there who like you. lol.
Defend your dishonesty, on this one.

Quote:
As for the second bold. You are acting like it is only people who do not work who do not have health insurance. There are people in this country who have worked full time their whole lives and have never had health insurance. This is particularly true in Florida, where such a pathetic percentage of employers offer benefits. You are also not taking into account the cost that pre-existing conditions can cost others. I have several friends who have HIV. Without insurance their meds run about 2 grand a month. That is nice that you have "faith" that these people can get their lives and finances under control with such medical expenses. Such a thing is IMPOSSIBLE with certain medical conditions.
You are not addressing anything I said.

Quote:
And I believe healthcare should be a right.
How do you have a right to someone else's work?

Quote:
You do have your individual rights as well. But if you want to live in a society that we all SHARE then you better get used to taxes coming out of your paycheck to help the less fortunate.
Actually, I don't "share" it. My being productive CREATES the society we enjoy. It is not my taxes that make it good, it is my WORK that does so. Stealing my work from me does NOT improve anything.

Quote:
If you are ever part of the less fortunate you may be grateful for things being that way.
I have been several times in my life. You know absolutely nothing about me. Even less about what you're talking about.

Quote:
And as for your last piece (which is so laughable) that people should simply ask others for help with paying for their extreme medical costs.
Why is it laughable?

Quote:
Unfortunately, there are not enough rich people out there willing to extend a hand.
So, you think you can steal what you want from them?

Quote:
Perhaps you can persuade the one percent to set up a website that they all list their names and email address under so that sick Americans can write them asking for help. Until they start extending their non-existant helping hand a little further, I will vote to tax them.
Let me get this straight. It's laughable to ask for help when you need it.

But voting to give politicians more money to squander and feed corruption is not only wise, but a moral imperative?

Our politicans already spend about 4 TRILLION dollars a year. Exactly how much more do you think it will take so you'll have everything you want?

Old 09-15-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
No. The UK post office is cheaper and just as fast as all of the private options. It's not more profitable, but it's a public service.
Thanks for making my point, that you prefer to expensive, wasteful, and mediocre to good. Just so long as your politicians get to control it for your benefit.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Thanks for making my point, that you prefer to expensive, wasteful, and mediocre to good. Just so long as your politicians get to control it for your benefit.
Clueless. You realise I live in the UK and have first hand experience? The government has never been able to privatise the post office because it's not profitable. It costs the same to send a letter anywhere in the UK at the moment, private companies are always more expensive and don't want the responsibility of public service.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:18 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
I did no such thing.

Defend your dishonesty, on this one.

You are not addressing anything I said.

How do you have a right to someone else's work?

Actually, I don't "share" it. My being productive CREATES the society we enjoy. It is not my taxes that make it good, it is my WORK that does so. Stealing my work from me does NOT improve anything.

I have been several times in my life. You know absolutely nothing about me. Even less about what you're talking about.

Why is it laughable?

So, you think you can steal what you want from them?

Let me get this straight. It's laughable to ask for help when you need it.

But voting to give politicians more money to squander and feed corruption is not only wise, but a moral imperative?

Our politicans already spend about 4 TRILLION dollars a year. Exactly how much more do you think it will take so you'll have everything you want?
YES YOU F**KING DID!!

Asking what "should" happen to a chronically ill person who has no means to fund his own care is like asking "what should happen when a man takes a loaded gun, points it to his head, and pulls the trigger?"

What the hell does this sentence look like to you?! How many screws do you have loose in your head? You are equating someone getting sick to someone purposefully taking their own life.

Your system of arguing seems to consist of making an absurd psychobabble claim and then when countered you deflect with a "I did no such thing" and then you do not go on to even defend your stance. You simply dismiss people refuting you like a spoiled brat child.

Take some advice from me. Keep your inhumane political thoughts to your computer. They would have no ground anywhere in public discourse.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Clueless. You realise I live in the UK and have first hand experience? The government has never been able to privatise the post office because it's not profitable. It costs the same to send a letter anywhere in the UK at the moment, private companies are always more expensive and don't want the responsibility of public service.
You have no clue, have you?

Old 09-15-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
YES YOU F**KING DID!!

Asking what "should" happen to a chronically ill person who has no means to fund his own care is like asking "what should happen when a man takes a loaded gun, points it to his head, and pulls the trigger?"

What the hell does this sentence look like to you?! How many screws do you have loose in your head? You are equating someone getting sick to someone purposefully taking their own life.
Now you've run out of any arguments whatsoever, so now you're into making up crap. As I said, you refuse to be honest in the slightest...

I'm, of course, talking about the use of the word "should". I even put it in quotes to help you understand.

I am sorry. I didn't think you were that dishonest.

I guess you have no conscience whatsoever.

In that case, there's no point in discussing anything with you, since you believe in your inherent right to make slaves of everyone else for your own benefit. There is nothing you can do to dress that up to be anything but the naked ugly immorality it is.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
You have no clue, have you?
Is that the best you can do? No substance in your argument beyond government = bad, private = good. No private company will charge the same to send a letter anywhere in the UK, and the prices will go way up! Will the government lower taxes to offset the lack of subsidies? NO WAY! Most likely the subsidies will remain and the crooks in government will use this as a means to siphon off public funds as they are already doing with the nhs. Most of the tory party front bench have stakes in the nhs' private contractors, not to mention defence and rail contractors.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:24 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
Now you've run out of any arguments whatsoever, so now you're into making up crap. As I said, you refuse to be honest in the slightest...

I'm, of course, talking about the use of the word "should". I even put it in quotes to help you understand.

I am sorry. I didn't think you were that dishonest.

I guess you have no conscience whatsoever.

In that case, there's no point in discussing anything with you, since you believe in your inherent right to make slaves of everyone else for your own benefit. There is nothing you can do to dress that up to be anything but the naked ugly immorality it is.
And you still don't don't have any defense for yourself. Go back to your room where you belong.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Is that the best you can do? No detail in your argument beyond government = bad, private = good. No private company will charge the same to send a letter anywhere in the UK, and the prices will go way up! Will the government lower taxes to offset the lack of subsidies? NO WAY! Most likely the subsidies will remain and the crooks in government will use this as a means to siphon off public funds as they are already doing with the nhs. Most of the tory party front bench have stakes in the nhs' private contractors btw, not to mention defence contractors.
LOL, no, you just have no clue.

You admit that you subsidize the postal system because it's inefficient. Yet, you're so gullible you think that subsidizing the price of postage is some kind of moral imperative. Like there's a moral imperative to use the labors of someone else to help yet another send you adverts at a reduced rate. Or, that taking money from one group of taxpayers, to benefit those who send you a letter or box is again, some kind of virtue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies