Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 05:30 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
5 things Obama planned before Washington Navy Yard shooting

Obama, Biden comment on Navy Yard shooting – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

So claims that the POTUS is "classless" are just more sour grapes - an expression of vacuous frustration about not getting your own way in 2008 or 2012.
Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocolâ„¢

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
4. But...but...but George W. Bush
5. Haters gonna hate
6. Sour grapes- your guy lost
7. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5 and/or 6 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 05:31 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Instead of just making a simple statement in an attempt to comfort the American people, obama yet again uses a tragedy in order to make political points.
FYI: Politicians tend to do exactly that. Strange you have to be informed, as much as you post in the political forum.

Quote:
Still proud of him?
I really appreciate the way his cool, calm leadership drives the lunatic fringe over the edge.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
I was very surprised to see him talking about the economy as the bloodbath was still unfolding a few blocks away. Very surprised. And like Alphamale, the word "classless" came to mind. This President is a fake. I'm convinced he really doesn't care or empathize or even sympathize with those he purportedly fights for. Its all smoke and mirrors to give off the impression of caring. Barack is only concerned about his legacy at this point.....which is in the crapper on so many fronts. He's desperate to seem like he's in control. He's struggling to get his footing.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:45 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Hey, at least THIS time he made his 'benghazi' speech while the dead were piling up and the injured were bleeding instead of golfing, vacationing or campaigning, oh wait, he's ALWAYS campaigning.....

Old 09-17-2013, 05:47 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Instead of just making a simple statement in an attempt to comfort the American people, obama yet again uses a tragedy in order to make political points.

At the very moment that the tragedy was still being sorted out, people fighting for their lives and families finding out that their loved ones have lost their lives, obama says this......"The GOP’s small-government legislators are “a crew” who wish to “sabotage” Obamacare and show “an unwillingness to compromise,” he announced.

“Are some of these folks so beholden to some extremists in their party that they’re willing to tank the entire economy … [and] to hurt people just to score political points?” he asked."

"There’s something seriously wrong with the mind of President Obama. As parts of Washington, DC remained on lockdown after a mass shooting at the Navy yard near Capitol Hill, Obama delivered a partisan speech on the economy that was previously scheduled. You would think he would have postponed his attack on his opponents until the DC shooters were apprehended and the bodies of those murdered weren’t still warm."

The man is a weasel.

Still proud of him?

I partly blame this incident on Barack and Hillary. It is them who encouraged agencies to lower the standards for people permitted to obtain a clearance to get these jobs. So what if you have a history of violence and discharging guns in public?

Old 09-17-2013, 05:53 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
FYI: Politicians tend to do exactly that. Strange you have to be informed, as much as you post in the political forum.
No, a leader leads. A politician campaigns.

Quote:
I really appreciate the way his cool, calm leadership drives the lunatic fringe over the edge.
A lunatic wouldn't care.....

Who's the lunatic? The one driving the bus over the cliff (preaching how great things are) or the passengers grabbing for a handhold, praying they'll survive the crash?

Old 09-17-2013, 05:53 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Very bad timing. Very poor judgment. Give that speech the next day. Just talk about your empathy for the victims. I think he made a very common human error. We get so worked up about something, that we let it spill over into something unrelated. If I had to guess the presidents mentality, he was frustrated after newtown, and he let that spill into economics.

Just a guess. Again, very inappropriate timing. No excuse, humans are prone to error.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:56 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Yes. First, giving access to health care for tens of millions of people will save more lives than any lone shooter will take- even assuming we don't use such care to help out potential shooters. And second, it's not as if the GOP has proposed anything to help prevent shootings anyway. And third, most reasonably intelligent people can deal with more than one subject in a given day.
Best post so far of this thread!

Old 09-17-2013, 06:00 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Yes. I thought it was very poor timing for yet another of his passive-aggressive, blame others speeches.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:08 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Right-wing math:

Whatever Obama does = false outrage
I think that the outrage should be pointed at the fact that the economy is still near depression level. More bad news is on its way. Seems like Obama is prepping by blaming the Republicans again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies