Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 01:13 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You sure have a pollyanna view of abortion. Hundreds of women have sued over getting a botched abortion that left them with perforated bowels, sterile, and all kinds of problems.

I know you will say all medical procedures have risks so why are you saying abortion is perfectly safe and no woman has been hurt? No one is naive enough to believe that.
Can you cite for us anyone on this board and anyone, anywhere who has claimed that no one has ever been hurt during by an abortion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 12:20 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Figures.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:05 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Versus your Pollyanna view of pregnancy.

Everything is all lollypops and rainbows with pregnancy according to you. Everyone lives happily ever after.

FYI.....horrendous things are more likely to happen to a woman from carrying a pregnancy than having an abortion......up to....and including.....DEATH.

The long list of pregnancy complications has been posted for you many times in the past.....yet you choose to pretend they don't exist.

And don't forget this.....a woman is 14 times more likely to DIE from pregnancy than abortion.

Whether or not she wants to take that risk is HER business......NOT YOURS.

If you want to chant "abortion hurts women" then we can also chant "pregnancy hurts women" .
Well sure, no one said pregnancy was perfectly safe just like abortion isn't perfectly safe. That is why it is ludicrous to let non-physicians do abortions.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:44 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
You sure have a pollyanna view of abortion. Hundreds of women have sued over getting a botched abortion that left them with perforated bowels, sterile, and all kinds of problems.

I know you will say all medical procedures have risks so why are you saying abortion is perfectly safe and no woman has been hurt? No one is naive enough to believe that.
Nobody said abortion is 100% safe. However, the FACT is that you're far more likely to be injured or to die as a result of childbirth vis-à-vis abortion. Why don't you research how many women have been left with sterility or worse during a delivery? How many have sued?
Your logic is illogical. Try again.
Bottom line...by body, my choice. Not your choice.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:02 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Well sure, no one said pregnancy was perfectly safe just like abortion isn't perfectly safe. That is why it is ludicrous to let non-physicians do abortions.
Isn't it also ludicrous to allow non-physicians like midwives to deliver babies?

Shouldn't midwifery be illegal?

They are not physicians and do not have the training needed should an emergency arise.

They are putting the lives of women and babies at risk.

Sound familiar?

Better get on the ball Janelle.....there's a new cause that needs you.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:06 PM

Rap Song's Amazing Message: "Mommy Am I in Your Womb or Swimming in My Grave?" | LifeNews.com

People are "on the ball" already.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
OMG!

A rap song!

That changes everything!

I have seen the light!

I gotta start listening to rap songs......so I will know what I should think, feel and do! LOL

Now.....how about answering my question Janelle......should home births and midwifery be banned? Should women be required to make plans to give birth attended by a licensed physician?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
OMG!

A rap song!

That changes everything!

I have seen the light!

I gotta start listening to rap songs......so I will know what I should think, feel and do! LOL

Now.....how about answering my question Janelle......should home births and midwifery be banned? Should women be required to make plans to give birth attended by a licensed physician?
Of course, the midwives need to have physician back up and hospital priviliges in case something bad happens. The women who get an abortion should have just as many rights. No?

Plus, I get the feeling you didn't listen to the rap song or the interview. That's ok, some did.

My last thought. I am sure a lot of women who go for an abortion do not have control over their bodies or their health care. Men are telling them they better get the abortion or else. How is that for controlling your body? Men are still in control of women when that happens but it is what it is.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Abortion stops a beating heart, and no child should die alone.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Abortion stops a beating heart, and no child should die alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies