Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 09:21 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
It's counter-intuitive to you maybe, but that doesn't mean it's counter-intuitive.
You're right that it doesn't necessarily mean it is counter-intuitive. But in this case, it is in fact counter-intuitive. It means you are worshiping a being whose goal is to bring eternal suffering to all mankind. You can't get more counter-intuitive than that.
Quote:
There's absolutely nothing morally wrong with worshiping Lucifer as one's main deity.
Of course there's something morally wrong with worshiping Lucifer. Lucifer is the very definition of morally wrong. Lucifer is the personification of evil. I don't personally believe there is a Lucifer, but if you believe that Lucifer exists then it is depraved to worship him.
Quote:
So long as the people doing keep to themselves and aren't hurting anyone, then who are you or me to deny them their freedom of religion?
Saying that it is counter-intuitive to worship Satan is not equivalent to denying someone's right to worship him. I think it is the height of stupidity to be a liberal, but I certainly don't deny that people have the right to be liberal if they want.
Quote:
I'm agnostic, so I don't have to worry about any of this nonsense, but if people are going to force their opinions down other people's throat just because they're doing something they don't agree with then when does "freedom" end and "regulation" begin?
When a Democrat wins an election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 09:24 PM

167 posts, read 164,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybirdx View Post
do not mock the power of alex jones.

alex jones becomes a super saiyan - youtube

obama! Reptilian shapeshifters! Chem trails! Obama!

Old 09-18-2013, 10:43 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
You're right that it doesn't necessarily mean it is counter-intuitive. But in this case, it is in fact counter-intuitive. It means you are worshiping a being whose goal is to bring eternal suffering to all mankind. You can't get more counter-intuitive than that.
Even if it is counter-intuitive, why would we even bother with it? Let the people who do that sort of worshiping figure out the logic and reasoning behind it. We know better and aren't warped in the head, so just let them have their fun

Quote:
Of course there's something morally wrong with worshiping Lucifer. Lucifer is the very definition of morally wrong. Lucifer is the personification of evil. I don't personally believe there is a Lucifer, but if you believe that Lucifer exists then it is depraved to worship him.
To you there's something morally wrong with it, sure; however, to the people worshiping Lucifer obviously they have no qualms with it. Also, I don't think you get to claim that last line there. If that's what you think for yourself, then great and I have problem with that; however, to make that claim for other people is a bit of a stretch.

Quote:
Saying that it is counter-intuitive to worship Satan is not equivalent to denying someone's right to worship him. I think it is the height of stupidity to be a liberal, but I certainly don't deny that people have the right to be liberal if they want.
More or less I agree with this - not so much with the liberal thing since I don't mind as much as other people do, but well said nonetheless.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Like a liberal.
Liberals naked and wear masks,?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-19-2013, 09:31 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Naked with a mask.

Another dilemma: Where to put the mask....hmmm

Old 09-19-2013, 09:38 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Another dilemma: Where to put the mask....hmmm
Omg yes...It depends on the total package I guess

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ask yourself the same question.

Harrier thinks that practice of homosexuality is morally wrong - with which past experience has shown that you disagree.

By your relativistic way of looking at things - who are you to say that what these people may do to animals is wrong?

What is your standard to say that Harrier's moral viewpoints are wrong?

It's not relativistic.

It's the harm principle, boiled down.

No morality attaches to consensual sex between adults of any kind. They are morality-neutral, until such time as the sex causes harm, pain or suffering or is non-consensual. And I don't mean bondage.

I mean rape, sexual compulsiveness that begins to harm other areas of one's life, knowingly infecting someone with an STD.... that sort of thing. At that point, however, it is more person specific and act-specific based on harm caused. Not a blanket "homosexual sex is bad, mmmmkay?" Or, "orgies are immoral."

Old 09-19-2013, 10:45 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
I am not your buddy..... and yeah, atheists definitely want to shove their lack of belief down everyones throat
Yes you are, buddy. And no, atheists (at least the level headed ones) do NOT want to shove their lack of belief down everyone's throat. Your exact same argument can be applied to theists and how they want to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat.

Quote:
If you didn't care, why did you go so far out of your way to announce your belief (or lack of)........
I never said I didn't care. What I said was that I couldn't careless. Huge difference between the two sayings so I suggest you learn what that is, buddy.

Last edited by adiosToreador; 09-19-2013 at 10:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies