Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:38 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,199,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
No, I'm talking about you. Don't post someone's else's thoughts and hypotheses, I want to hear your thoughts.
I am talking about me.. and every other Christian who walks with Christ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Agree with him. There are other things that the Catholic Church can focus on, like helping the poor. But that doesn't mean it has to support or justify gay marriage or abortion either, both of those things are wrong in the eyes of God.

Also what is with the jab on the south OP? Don't be a hater now. We're not uneducated or racist or backwards like you probably think.
When the government gets into moral issues the church should voice their opinion.. the moral issues of gay marriage erodes society. One man, one woman only equals marriage.

If the Pope cannot speak up about social issues who will? Jesus did and he did it frequently.

Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand. One can take that message to the people as Jesus did.. and many were offended at Jesus and his message . They did not like him because they loved their sin and didn't want to repent.

Those who hear the message and walk with God can defeat sin and enter the Kingdom of God.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:46 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,590,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am talking about me.. and every other Christian who walks with Christ..
Well I am a Christian who walks with Christ and you certainly are not talking about me.

Maybe you don't know the Christ I know - the one who said not to judge, who condemned the Pharisees and hung around with the hookers, the cheats, the poor, the ill and those who loved a good glass of wine.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
So what you are saying is that you know God better than the Pope? You know the Bible better than the Pope?

I am not part of the Roman Catholic Church but even I find that laughable. The Roman Church has scholars who have forgotten more than you or I will ever know about the Bible, faith and the meaning of God's teachings.
I know Jesus . I am learning who the Pope is by his words.

The Catholic church has changed doctrine as time goes by. Jesus is the same yesterday , today and forever. I do not adhere to a religion. I adhere to the word of God.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,533,375 times
Don't believe everything you read in the secular press. Why not go to the source to read the whole story.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:57 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Are you talking about Catholic churches?

Feel free to list all the "pro-abortion" Catholic churches.
There is only one Roman Catholic church and it's head is the pope who apparently doesn't find a problem with abortion. There are Protestant churches that don't bend with every breeze, mainly the Evangelical ones it seems.

I seriously doubt that taking a pro-abortion anything goes kind of stance is going to bring people to church.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Well I am a Christian who walks with Christ and you certainly are not talking about me.

Maybe you don't know the Christ I know - the one who said not to judge, who condemned the Pharisees and hung around with the hookers, the cheats, the poor, the ill and those who loved a good glass of wine.
That Jesus did hang around those people but he also told them "Sin no more". He never once told them to go on sinning.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There is only one Roman Catholic church and it's head is the pope who apparently doesn't find a problem with abortion.
The Roman Catholic Church will become pro-abortion the same day Sarah Palin becomes pro-abortion.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:

Apparently you do not know that the Word of God is the judge.. Jesus said , he who is without sin cast the first stone.. neither do I comdemn thee.. now go and SIN NO MORE.

Jesus said we are condemned to hell already by our sinful nature.. Jesus cannot condemn. Jesus said. Goand Sin NO More.

So what is sin? This woman was taken in adultery.. a sin.. her sin condemned her. Jesus said to seek and save all. Jesus said to proclaim the message to repent of your sins as the Kingdom of God is at hand.
Parallel Verses
New International Version
From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near."

New Living Translation
From then on Jesus began to preach, "Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near."

English Standard Version
From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

New American Standard Bible
From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Did Jesus judge when he said they needed to repent of their sins?

Old 09-21-2013, 04:09 PM

Anyhow I'm fine with the Church giving a bit more focus on the poor --- but it has to be the real poor, not the USA poor where you can be poor but have an iPhone or a 2010 vehicle and all new clothes you buy at the mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies