Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 11:01 AM

12 posts, read 29,640 times

Advertisements

Are Democrats afraid of John McCain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 11:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
McCain will probably do about as well this November as Bob Dole did back in 1996. A respectable showing, but a loss nonetheless.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:12 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,950,949 times
I think this presidential race is going to be a lot closer than most people are projecting. Bush may have screwed up the image for Republicans, but let's not forget, McCain is running against Hilary and Obama, both do not have a full democratic support and it may be possible when one or the other drops their supporters may even go to McCain, or the independant voters. I don't think McCain by any chance has good odds, and if he loses I won't be too surprised, but I also won't be surprised by a close race.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:36 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,610,983 times
I don't know. It depends on how many people actually think for themselves as opposed to just voting for party labels. McCain is actually the most mainstream democrat in the election. He is almost as far left in the Republican camp as Obama and Clinton are left in the Democrat camp. This makes him a democrat in all but official designation to me.

I find it hard to believe that given as many middle of the road conservatives exist that there is not a similar number of middle of the road liberals. If both of these groups vote their beliefs rather than for the party, then McCain is the only electable candidate of the three.

Libertarians and Independants find McCain hard to swallow for his failure to follow a more conservative path and the Republican right wingers are even further from mainstream than the Libertarians and Independents.

Since most people don't really seem to care about what is said, not said, or implied by a partial answer to a question; but only who endorses a candidate or what party lable they carry......It will all boil down to how badly the democratic candidate campaigns divide the party. There has been such a high level of energy in this years campaign that there is a very real danger that the average voter will be burned out or disillusioned by the time November comes around and the voter turn out for the real election may have exceedling poor participation by the democratic party. If that happens, it could be disasterous for the democratic candidate.

Last edited by johnrex62; 04-08-2008 at 05:58 PM..

Old 04-08-2008, 06:03 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,779,480 times
I am not afraid of McCain at all. Not a bit. We will WIN in November and pick up more house and Senate seats. Our time has come and the long nightmare of conservatism is almost over. The evil shall soon fall.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:10 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,574,384 times
McCain is getting a free pass while the dems battle it out. Rest assured once that is done McCain is toast.

PS : I am not a Democrat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies