Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2013, 08:43 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,961 times

Advertisements

Journalism prof placed on leave

Quote:
..."It is in the best interests and peace of mind of our students that I remove myself from the situation and let cooler heads prevail," Guth wrote. "I know what I meant. Unfortunately, this is a topic that generates more heat than light."

He may have gotten more than he bargained for, however...

... Kansas Senate Majority Leader Terry Bruce, R-Hutchinson, said Thursday he was "appalled" by the tweet and called for the university to remove from Guth from the faculty.

"Wishing death and damnation upon parents and their children is reprehensible and not befitting an employee of such a distinguished university," Bruce said in an emailed statement.
Journalism prof placed on leave after anti-NRA tweet - NBC News.com

-------

California Dem apologies for death rant

Quote:
“I'm being attacked on Twitter for wishing one of Ted Cruz's pubic lice to experience the pain her boss is inflicting on Americans,” Brauer tweeted before apologizing. “Yes, your party takes bread from the mouths of starving children and medicine from the sick, and I'm the problem. Got it."

He finally relented by mid-afternoon by posting: “I am truly sorry for my tweet. I was very upset and lashed out. Your kids are not fair game either. My apologies."

Carpenter tweeted: "Thank you. I appreciate it."
California Dem apologies for death rant on family of Cruz staffer | Fox News

--------

I posted this to reflect both the Left and the Right MSM ... in all fairness of course.

People just need to settle down me thinks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 09:00 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,326,616 times
They'll let just about any turdblossom be a professor these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies