Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,905 times

Advertisements

Liberals, Why do you oppose securing the Southern Border?

I mean with violence in Mexico getting worse, and with Islamic Terrorist reportedly inside Mexico(and possibly if not probably already here)

https://www.google.com/search?q=illt...rorists+mexico

Millions of Americans out of work or underemployed, many if not all who don't want to have their wages suppressed or compete for the few part time jobs that are being created.

American cities Going bankrupt do to paying for service for illegals, who don't pay property taxes.

And Cartel violence spilling over to our side of the border.

With all of these reasons, Liberals why do you oppose securing the Southern Border? Why do you oppose a fence border on the Southern Border?

Last edited by gunlover; 09-21-2013 at 09:21 PM..

Old 09-21-2013, 09:19 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,224,175 times
I support border control. I'd be happy to support those who would patrol our borders.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:22 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,049 times
How much will the gubbermint control cost on the border?? We are talking about adding 20,000 more Border Patrol Agents. Who is going to pay for that? Ever met a Republican willing to pay for anything? Ever taken a look at who supports these folks coming over the border. How come Yuma-El Centro, Yakima Valley, and California Central Valley has a large influx of illegals and Republicans completely dominate politics?? They aren't interested in more border control. I guess we could flip it around and ask why conservatives aren't interested in e-verify or anything else that might stem the tide. Ever taken a look at your Republican neighborhoods and looked at the service people who come in and do the landscaping, remodeling, and domestic work?? You guys are a joke..

By the way why don't you go down to the border and start walking around and see how long it takes for someone to ask you what you are doing?? Bet you haven't done that.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:22 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,127,429 times
Liberals don't oppose securing the border. Those with shallow knowledge always leave out the fact that the Border Patrol buildup began under President Bill Clinton. Bush continued it.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:25 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
How much will the gubbermint control cost on the border?? We are talking about adding 20,000 more Border Patrol Agents. Who is going to pay for that? Ever met a Republican willing to pay for anything? Ever taken a look at who supports these folks coming over the border. How come Yuma-El Centro, Yakima Valley, and California Central Valley has a large influx of illegals and Republicans completely dominate politics?? They aren't interested in more border control. I guess we could flip it around and ask why conservatives aren't interested in e-verify or anything else that might stem the tide. Ever taken a look at your Republican neighborhoods and looked at the service people who come in and do the landscaping, remodeling, and domestic work?? You guys are a joke..

By the way why don't you go down to the border and start walking around and see how long it takes for someone to ask you what you are doing?? Bet you haven't done that.
While I am somewhat Conservative, I am all for e-verify and fining employers who hire illegal aliens.
However I have yet to meet a middle-class Conservative who supports illegal immigration. And I have lived in over 9 states. The only people who favor illegal immigration are Democrats/Liberals. I am speaking from personal experience. Not saying all of them favor it.

And I don't think anything will happen until we do away with birthright citizenship and the freebies they get for dropping a kid on this side of the border. They come for the benefits and they need to be taken away. Employers also need to fined. And I mean something along the lines of $50K per illegal alien hired. In turn we can use that money to cover deportation costs.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:

A fence would cost $60,000,000,000 to build, and about 2 billion to maintain and man

The cost of illegal immigration $150,000,000,000 to $200,000,000,000, not factoring in the human cost..

Old 09-21-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Liberals don't oppose securing the border. Those with shallow knowledge always leave out the fact that the Border Patrol buildup began under President Bill Clinton. Bush continued it.
Does alter the fact we need a border fence...

Old 09-21-2013, 09:31 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,049 times
More illegals have been deported under Obama than Bush or any other President. Matter of fact we have hospitals in this country flying illegals deep into Mexico who don't have insurance. I kind of wonder if the problem is as great as some people seem to think it is. A lot of the illegals have ended up in heavy Republican state doing food processing like chickens and pork. How does one explain for example that Tucson has lost 13,000 students in their schools in the last 10 years. If illegals were a problem wouldn't they be filling a vacuum.?

Old 09-21-2013, 09:32 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,127,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Does alter the fact we need a border fence...
Nope, it doesn't alter the fact that we need to control illegal immigration (which is what this is really about).

It does shows that the premise of your entire post is based on a fallacy. With a little more research, you could have had a more meaningful post. But you chose not to and thus this discussion will turn into a political battle rather than anything meaningful (which seems to be a pattern with your posts).

Old 09-21-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
More illegals have been deported under Obama than Bush or any other President. Matter of fact we have hospitals in this country flying illegals deep into Mexico who don't have insurance. I kind of wonder if the problem is as great as some people seem to think it is. A lot of the illegals have ended up in heavy Republican state doing food processing like chickens and pork. How does one explain for example that Tucson has lost 13,000 students in their schools in the last 10 years. If illegals were a problem wouldn't they be filling a vacuum.?
links, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.