Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 04:44 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
it was passed with the enforcement provisions, but they were taken out, google it..I dont care about the opinions of a leftest...
Quite unpatriotic of you. You're living in the wrong country for someone who is anti-democracy.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:03 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times
I think its because of naivete. Their hearts are in the right place, but they are not thinking logically about the issue. They are under the impression that all llegal immigrants are just innocent people looking for work and we should welcome them with open arms and give them our resources. And they think that securing the border would be akin to something like the Soviet Union.

What they fail to realize is that many of the illegals are dangerous. Some are hardened gang members and murderers, drug and sex slave traffickers, and all other kinds of illegal activities that they bring into our streets. Furthermore they also don't seem to understand the difference between illegal immigration and legal, they refer to them just as immigrants or as their stupid politically correct term "Undocumented Citizens". They think that illegal immigration is the same as past immigration, not the same. Past immigrants came here for a better life and assimilated into our society. Illegals do not, they are not interested in learning our language or paying taxes or even becoming citizens really. We cannot allow this to continue, it's a drain on our society and is a slap in the face of legal immigrants. Not to mention it's also dangerous, we have no idea who these people really are.

IMO here's how we fix it.

1. Secure the border. Wall or increased checkpoints/patrols. It doesn't matter. The south border MUST be made secure by any means necessary (except for violence). This is NOT debatable!

2. Make Legal Immigration easier but at the same time enforce our Illegal Immigration laws. This means that we provide an easier path to citizenship, this can be done through military service, going to college, working and paying taxes,not living on welfare etc... And learning English and passing a thorough background check. This also means that those who are illegal or choose to not to pursue citizenship get deported. No questions asked. Also voter ID is a MUST!

3. Punish employers who hire illegals.

4. Illegals are not entitled to ANY benefits. This means no welfare, or tax cuts, or owning a gun, or voting, no help of any kind unless it's an emergency, in which case they will receive treatment then be deported.

5. Abide by all of the above and don't compromise at all.

Anyone who is against the above and wants things to remain the same is a fool. And please don't play the race card, such a stupid argument and I'm tired of seeing it. Race has NOTHING to do with it.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:17 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Does alter the fact we need a border fence...
Not many are opposed to border security. Some may think a fence may not stop enough illegal entry to justify the cost. However 40 percent and growing of this nations undocumented population entered this country legally, and the fastest growing illegal population in this country are those from India.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:19 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Quite unpatriotic of you. You're living in the wrong country for someone who is anti-democracy.
how am I wrong? goggle it.

I am not anti Democracy, I am anti democracy and pro Constitutional Republic.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:21 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,304 times
Quote:
I am not anti Democracy, I am anti democracy and pro Constitutional Republic.
Few people know the difference these days. I feel like I'm on the set of Idiocracy sometimes.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Not many are opposed to border security. Some may think a fence may not stop enough illegal entry to justify the cost. However 40 percent and growing of this nations undocumented population entered this country legally, and the fastest growing illegal population in this country are those from India.
illegal immigration cost this nation any where from $120,000,000,000 to $200,000,000,000 a year a fence would cost $60,000,000,000 to build...we save money every year..

Old 09-22-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Few people know the difference these days. I feel like I'm on the set of Idiocracy sometimes.
it was not a movie, but a documentary from the future...

Old 09-22-2013, 06:42 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
However 40 percent and growing of this nations undocumented population entered this country legally.
You mean illegal aliens?

Old 09-22-2013, 06:50 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
You mean illegal aliens?
Sorry, I prefer undocumented. You don't like it TS!

Old 09-22-2013, 06:51 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
When you Tea Party Republicans are laying in bed in the intensive care unit sucking on Medicare who do you think is going to be hooking up the iv's and cleaning the sheets? You guys will be taking the taxpayers to the cleaners... to the very end while complaining about illegals. By the way I know from personal experience what I am talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies