Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 01:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

You just realized this? This has been in motion since the creation of the video camera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 01:53 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cheap View Post
Life is pretty good right now. The market is up, rates are relatively low, unemployment is dropping. It's sunny and nice today.

Most of those things you wrote about are there for our convenience. I like them. Helps get things done faster.

I'm not worried.

Who's playing Monday Night Football tonight anyway?

Let me know how things like when the story the government has been playing is over and the fictional story called "pretend" life wall street and the FED have been providing with a printing press.

Those things for your convenience are just as they are sold to you as something you think you want and or need. Remember that when you continue down this path. The easiest way to make people slaves is to make them need or want something. No reason for chains those come later when you try and get out of it.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I wish that were true! I'd love to have cameras on my street & neighborhood to catch that aholes breaking into or rustling around in people's cars & spraying graffiti all over the place. Nothing pi**es me off more than graffiti. So I say bring on the cameras, I welcome it.
No big surprise a liberal statist reacts that way. Of course, if a corporation did the same thing you'd probably be horrified. I truly don't understand where the trust comes from that liberals put in government.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:57 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
The ACLU is not going to change what is already in place and or planned.
And shrieking about it on an anonymous Internet forum will?

Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No big surprise a liberal statist reacts that way. Of course, if a corporation did the same thing you'd probably be horrified. I truly don't understand where the trust comes from that liberals put in government.
I'd be horrified if a corporation put up cameras? Uh, you realize there are cameras in lobbies of many companies now, right? You better go freak out now, oh my god you're being WATCHED!!!!!!! Again, cameras caught the Boston bombers. But you know, keep crying about it.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Corporations already do this, walk into the Fox News building and you will see cameras and security everywhere. This isn't something new and much of this started because the private sector began installing more and more cameras.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:00 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
The ACLU is not going to change what is already in place and or planned.
Of course they can fight those policies. That's what they ACLU does--they challenge the constitutionality of existing laws, and challenge policies that are clearly unconstitutional. What do you think they do? The problem that we have is that the conservative majority in the SCOTUS probably backs those moves, so we're SOL.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:03 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You just realized this? This has been in motion since the creation of the video camera.
I would say this has been in motion even before the video camera. Americans think they have privacy but that went out the window when SS numbers were created. I work in a business where your SS number is required if you want to do business and the amount of information I know about my clients is incredible from who you married, who you divorced, ever been arrested, where have you lived, what schools you attended, etc.
There is no privacy anymore.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:06 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I would say this has been in motion even before the video camera. Americans think they have privacy but that went out the window when SS numbers were created. I work in a business where your SS number is required if you want to do business and the amount of information I know about my clients is incredible from who you married, who you divorced, ever been arrested, where have you lived, what schools you attended, etc.
There is no privacy anymore.
Right. It's like people who freak out about purchasing things online or paying their bills online. They freak out that "someone" can see their information. Yeah, that happened a long time ago friends. Remember in the day when you used a credit card at a store & they had carbon copies? Were people freaked out then? Probably not but how easy do you think it was for an employee to simply take the carbon copy or just copy down the info? Not hard at all.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:08 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Yeah, I would. Why? Because I don't appreciate the break-ins of houses nor cars & I sure as hell don't appreciate the graffiti. What do I care if the cameras are pointing at public spaces? You realize that's what I'm talking about, cameras pointed at streets, bridges, etc? How is that my "privacy"? It's not. Did I say anything about cameras pointed at me in my house? No. Do you understand the difference? And I guarantee if you thought about it & this same BS happened in your neighborhood all the time, you'd be whistling a different tune. Have you forgotten that it was CAMERAS on public spaces that caught the Boston bombers? You might want to think about that for a moment.

Why are the cameras there ask yourself that question first. Then ask for your safety and the illusion of safety it did not STOP the bombers did it? In fact even though our government knew about them and were warned they did nothing and LIVED off the government with welfare. The cameras let you see the horror, it did not stop anything. But cameras are not their to catch or stop anything they are to watch things. But my ENTIRE post was not about cameras, it was more then about cameras, gps, chips in your skin, cameras soon in your house of which you willingly accept. After all you can get the robber on camera breaking into your house right? Cameras has not stopped any breakins and or real crimes they just record them. Now if I lived in a place like this were this happened I would get my OWN Camera and record my own property and then protect my property with a GUN. Cameras on the bridges and streets are not for you, and they could care less about your property. Then the goverment went from house to house, looking for the terrorists in the city of Boston without warrants took over the city and everyone's personal property and house was ENTERED. Yes it seems to me the terrorists are winning for America is no longer free from the ongoing assault on personal liberty, governments just do what they want and citizens fall in line as they trash your place looking for people who were found not in houses but in boats and one was dead in the car. But if you were so concerned with security why do we have open borders, air pilots didn't carry guns on sept 11 and why no cameras at the Benghazi attack show nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies