Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 01:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

I am not sure if people have been catching up on this but we have seen more and more drug related death at electronic music festivals when people overdose on drugs like Molly and now 2C-P. The media is claiming there is a problem with these drugs but I honestly don't think it is as big of a problem as others. The issue is the same with many drugs, many people who die under these drugs do not use responsibly. They don't drink water before hand (because of the nature of EMF and the drug it is a very dehydration friendly) as well as novices or those who do not know their boundaries with drugs. For example take beer. Say you drink beer daily, you aren't going to be as likely to get drunk over a few drinks as oppose to someone who drinks a few times a year.

So my question is. Does anyone else think this is another fake social panic?

For full disclosure, I do not use Molly or 2C-P, nor plan to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 01:39 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
I feel it is only perceived as a social panic because of the way it has been promoted in popular (corporate) music recently.

I seriously doubt usage is as widespread as it was during the 1990's rave scenes.

The real and marginalized drug problem is with legal prescription drugs. Legal Drugs are currently killing more people than any illegal drug ever has in the history of our country and it's not talked about because it is corporations raking in the profits from addiction.

"Drug death rates are currently more than twice what they were during the peak years of crack cocaine mortality in the early 1990s, and four to five times higher than the rates during the year of heroin mortality peak in 1975"

Overdose Death Rate Surges, Legal Drugs Are Mostly to Blame | Drugs | AlterNet

"The United States has a passion for pills, being the world's biggest users of psychotropic drugs, consuming 60 per cent of them. And pharmaceutical firms are keen to keep cashing in on the multibillion-dollar market, even if it costs people's health.

Last year, prescription drug abuse became the number one cause of accidental death, with more than 30,000 Americans overdosing.

The number of children consuming antipsychotic medication has doubled in the past decade. Millions of American adolescents are taking drugs like Adderall, doled out by doctors to treat hyperactivity."

Pharmageddon: America

Old 09-23-2013, 04:02 PM

Oh I agree, prescription drugs are the issue when it comes to drugs in America. The issue is it is hard to know what the good and bad drugs are. Some helpful drugs can become bad drugs if abused and we become dependent on them. i think people just social panic about non-issues becase they don't want to bring up the real ones.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 PM

132 posts, read 139,209 times
Molly should be legally regulated and sold either on a prescription or for recreational purposes.... MDMA is not a dangerous drug,it's quite safe actually if you know purity and strength.... Something the black market doesn't provide.

P.S. the edifice of the farce that is known as the war on drugs depends on social panic.... Without the population wouldn't believe the propaganda.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 PM

198 posts, read 262,943 times
I believe it's all hype to take our minds off what more and more Americans want today. Legalize marijuana.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszlady View Post
I believe it's all hype to take our minds off what more and more Americans want today. Legalize marijuana.
It could be. We all know the media isn't about making news out of stuff that isn't news.

I think it is more in line with we don't get something and this evil stuff happens at these events, it's bad. When fans have died at monster truck shows in freak accidents, people asked to shut them down or put up nets similar to hockey. The same happened at the Nationwide race in Daytona this February when Kyle Larson lost his engine and a tire in the catch fence and injured fans. I have to say, that no matter how much preparation happens at sporting events or music festivals disasters can happen. It sucks but we have to step back and see what can be done in the future to prevent it and sometimes it isn't preventable.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:31 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times
These are dangerous substances. Don't think for a second that
marijuana legalization will make harder drugs less appealing. In states
where marijuana has been decriminalized, synthetic drug use is on the rise.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
These are dangerous substances. Don't think for a second that
marijuana legalization will make harder drugs less appealing. In states
where marijuana has been decriminalized, synthetic drug use is on the rise.
I think these are seperate issues. Hard drugs and marijuana can be used for different reasons but also similar reasons as well. Not everyone's reasons for using drugs are the same thing. Case in point, Molly is used for a psychedelic high similar to LSD compared to marijuana which can be used for a standard high or pain management. Other "hard drugs" can be used similar to marijuana but psychedelic drugs like Molly, not really.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:54 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,116 times
Cause for social panic? No. Time for kids to wake the fck up and realize its a bad drug and yes, bad things can happen to you.

As for gov't involvement....ha what hacks. Whatever is political. Tell me how ephedra or even steroids are illegal but alcohol and cigs are fine.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I am not sure if people have been catching up on this but we have seen more and more drug related death at electronic music festivals when people overdose on drugs like Molly and now 2C-P. The media is claiming there is a problem with these drugs but I honestly don't think it is as big of a problem as others. The issue is the same with many drugs, many people who die under these drugs do not use responsibly. They don't drink water before hand (because of the nature of EMF and the drug it is a very dehydration friendly) as well as novices or those who do not know their boundaries with drugs. For example take beer. Say you drink beer daily, you aren't going to be as likely to get drunk over a few drinks as oppose to someone who drinks a few times a year.

So my question is. Does anyone else think this is another fake social panic?

For full disclosure, I do not use Molly or 2C-P, nor plan to.
Nah man someone just sold them a bad batch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies