Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:30 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times

Advertisements

You may remember the young violinist who killed himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/23/ny...html?src=twrhp

The two students have since withdrawn from the university; their lawyers have said that they denied the accusations.

Rutgers Suspect Dhuran Ravi Breaks Silence on Tyler Clementi Suicide - ABC News

A Twitter page that appears to have been operated by Ravi but has since been taken offline shows messages in which the accused student takes credit for the alleged videotaping of Clementi.

The internet. It's gonna get ya. I hope the guy gets 5 years. He's gonna meet some people who don't look like violin players, if he does. He won't though. Neither will she. Too bad for him. From what I've read about the girl, he asked to use her PC to watch two gay guys do it, so he was the intrigued one. It could've been anyone's PC. They'll have to prove she knew what he was doing, condoned it, etc. That's hard to do.

The attorneys added that Wei is a "wonderful, caring and talented young woman with a bright future" who has been "maligned by unfounded attacks on her character."

Lawyers For Rutgers Student: "Molly Wei Is Innocent" - Gothamist
This article has more about it.

Oh yeah, the parents are preparing to sue the univeristy for not keeping some dude from web camming some other dude. Gotta get paid.... you gonna get cash from an 18 year old....not much....a university?... oh yeah, time to get PAID. I'd be more interested in ruining the life of the dude that caused my son to kill himself. Guess we can make our own determinations of why they are doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 12:43 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Tyler Clementi

The two students have since withdrawn from the university; their lawyers have said that they denied the accusations.

A Twitter page that appears to have been operated by Ravi but has since been taken offline shows messages in which the accused student takes credit for the alleged videotaping of Clementi.

The internet. It's gonna get ya. I hope the guy gets 5 years. He's gonna meet some people who don't look like violin players, if he does. He won't though. Neither will she. Too bad for him. From what I've read about the girl, he asked to use her PC to watch two gay guys do it, so he was the intrigued one. It could've been anyone's PC. They'll have to prove she knew what he was doing, condoned it, etc. That's hard to do.

The attorneys added that Wei is a "wonderful, caring and talented young woman with a bright future" who has been "maligned by unfounded attacks on her character."

Oh yeah, the parents are preparing to sue the univeristy for not keeping some dude from web camming some other dude. Gotta get paid.... you gonna get cash from an 18 year old....not much....a university?... oh yeah, time to get PAID. I'd be more interested in ruining the life of the dude that caused my son to kill himself. Guess we can make our own determinations of why they are doing it.

If it Tyler were my son, I would use every ounce of my being to ruin and torture the two of them. Ravi & Wei wouldn't even be able to walk to the corner, without being tortured. I would be thie roadblock for the rest of their lives...................

Old 04-29-2011, 01:48 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,073,676 times
"If it Tyler were my son, I would use every ounce of my being to ruin and torture the two of them. Ravi & Wei wouldn't even be able to walk to the corner, without being tortured. I would be thie roadblock for the rest of their lives..................."

Your comment is 1000 times worse than anything wei and ravi did! They posted a video. Big deal. They deserve a slap on the wrist. No reason at all to KILL YOURSELF over this!

Old 04-29-2011, 10:52 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,473,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
"If it Tyler were my son, I would use every ounce of my being to ruin and torture the two of them. Ravi & Wei wouldn't even be able to walk to the corner, without being tortured. I would be thie roadblock for the rest of their lives..................."

Your comment is 1000 times worse than anything wei and ravi did! They posted a video. Big deal. They deserve a slap on the wrist. No reason at all to KILL YOURSELF over this!

Are you kidding me???? They deserve a "slap on the wrist". The 2 imbeciles first decide it's OK to videotape a room-mates sexual encounter. The fact that he's gay and it was with a man makes them think it's OK to make a joke of it and post it on the internet for fun. Yeah, a lot of fun.

You can't say "no reason to kill yourself over this". You have no clue what this young man was going through regarding his sexuality and may not have even "come out" yet. For these two creeps to do this? He probably felt his life was completely destroyed. The Ravi moron looks like a real lowlife.

They both deserve to be in prison. They had no right to violate his privacy. They had no right to post the video anywhere. Because of the BOTH of them, this young man committed suicide.

If Tyler were my son, these 2 clowns wouldn't have a peaceful day for the rest of their lives. I would keep tabs on exactly where they are and what they're doing. I would let every school, place of employment, club, or whatever know exactly what they did and how they cause a young man to commit suicide. I would let every person they come in contact with know who they are and what they did. I would sue them and garnish every penny they ever earn, put a lien on anything they ever own. They would never walk away from this and I would make sure they never, ever forget it --- especially little Miss Molly who it seems is getting a "deal" for ratting on her friend and getting probation --- the conviction will be erased from her record after a year of good behavior. They call this an ACOD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal) and she doesn't deserve it. She should sit her behind in prison for a few years and have a long time to think about what she did. After her year of "good behavior" it will be like it never happened and she never did anything wrong.

If I were a judge and had to sentence them, this is what they would get:

5 solid years in prison --- no "time off for good behavior", no work release, no early release or temporary release of any kind.

5 years parole supervision

Once out of prison, 3 years of community service working in gay social service agencies and HIV/AIDS community service organizations.

$10K fine EACH --- to go to gay non profit organizations.

Yeah, sounds harsh, but you know what? These two imbeciles won't learn anything any other way. As it is, they think they're above the law.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:

Aparentley you do not have children, because if you did, you would have of never replied in such an heartless way.

If you do have children and replied like this, then there is something gravely wrong with you.

...and I couldn't waste time with you.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Are you kidding me???? They deserve a "slap on the wrist". The 2 imbeciles first decide it's OK to videotape a room-mates sexual encounter. The fact that he's gay and it was with a man makes them think it's OK to make a joke of it and post it on the internet for fun. Yeah, a lot of fun.

You can't say "no reason to kill yourself over this". You have no clue what this young man was going through regarding his sexuality and may not have even "come out" yet. For these two creeps to do this? He probably felt his life was completely destroyed. The Ravi moron looks like a real lowlife.

They both deserve to be in prison. They had no right to violate his privacy. They had no right to post the video anywhere. Because of the BOTH of them, this young man committed suicide.

If Tyler were my son, these 2 clowns wouldn't have a peaceful day for the rest of their lives. I would keep tabs on exactly where they are and what they're doing. I would let every school, place of employment, club, or whatever know exactly what they did and how they cause a young man to commit suicide. I would let every person they come in contact with know who they are and what they did. I would sue them and garnish every penny they ever earn, put a lien on anything they ever own. They would never walk away from this and I would make sure they never, ever forget it --- especially little Miss Molly who it seems is getting a "deal" for ratting on her friend and getting probation --- the conviction will be erased from her record after a year of good behavior. They call this an ACOD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal) and she doesn't deserve it. She should sit her behind in prison for a few years and have a long time to think about what she did. After her year of "good behavior" it will be like it never happened and she never did anything wrong.

5 solid years in prison --- no "time off for good behavior", no work release, no early release or temporary release of any kind.

Once out of prison, 3 years of community service working in gay social service agencies and HIV/AIDS community service organizations.

Yeah, sounds harsh, but you know what? These two imbeciles won't learn anything any other way. As it is, they think they're above the law.

I couldn't have said this any better.

This post gets the GOLD STAR of the decade.

Thank you.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:51 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
two real pieces of work

Old 04-30-2011, 09:00 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:

Bullpucky.

They made a video of him in a sexual encounter without his consent, posted it for everyone to see, and that led to his suicide. Even if they didn't intend for him to commit suicide, they did invade his privacy and violate his rights, and not only that, but they posted it for whomever else wanted to tune in... and for what reason? Seriously - name me a valid reason for their doing this to the kid.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:14 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Tyler Clementi

How many threads on this subject do we need?

Old 04-30-2011, 09:18 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Exactly.

Again, they probably didn't intend to drive the kid to suicide. I don't think they said, "HEY! Let's post my roommates' gay encounter online... LOL, I bet you anything he'll go jump off a bridge ROFLMAOLOL!!!!1!!"

But what they did do was violate the kid's rights, commit a crime against him, and the unintended result was emotional duress that drove him to suicide. What they did was patently, unnecessarily malicious, and it caused someone to take their own life.

They need to be held accountable for their actions. This is the real world, and because of their arrogance and desire to get some ****s and giggles at someone else's expense regardless of how it affected them, that person is now dead. He'd not coming back. This is why we have laws: to teach people lessons and hold them accountable for their actions.

Quote:

That sounds absolutely fair to me considering that one way or the other, these two are going to wake up in the morning and be alive. After they're out of prison, they can go on seeing their family and friends, they can spend holidays with them, they will see sunrises and sunsets and experience joys and sorrows and enjoy all the fruits and foibles of being alive, which is something that the person that they chose to victimize will never be able to say. His family will never see him again and will have to live with that the rest of their lives.

The fact that these two are clamoring to profess their innocence and are willing to sell one another out shows that they do not appreciate the gravity of what they've done. When someone doesn't own up to the fact they committed a crime, we punish them accordingly so that they may understand what they've done. If the only way to get them to do that is for them to be jailed for a degree of time, and to be freed with restrictions placed on them, then so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies