Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 12:37 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Let me dig into my liberal hate bag and get back to you. I get a 24 hour turnaround right? Or should I just vote for the thing and then get back to you? lol
Liberal hate bag would not be an exemplary source. Looks like it's nonsense. Which is more or less what I thought when I read your post.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:40 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Do you have a comment on the topic at hand or just want to attack other posters as you have just done? Or do you deem yourself a liberal and feel as though I am bullying you? If so call 911 they will protect you............lol.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
He doesn't need a citation for an opinion.
Well in today's USofA if you opinion doesn't jibe with certain folks then you shouldn't have one as expressed by the poster in question. That is what is wrong with this country.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Do you have a comment on the topic at hand or just want to attack other posters as you have just done? Or do you deem yourself a liberal and feel as though I am bullying you? If so call 911 they will protect you............lol.
Why do you feel attacked when someone asks you to support a statement you made? It appears that you feel cornered by your inability to do so.

What's ironic is that you feel attacked when your original post was attacking the OP by making an unproven general statement about a subgroup of the population and then specifying the OP must belong to that subgroup. Is hypocrisy a favorite art of yours?

I am not a liberal and certainly do not feel bullied by you.

Quote:
Well in today's USofA if you opinion doesn't jibe with certain folks then you shouldn't have one as expressed by the poster in question. That is what is wrong with this country.
As you may have learned in your education at some point, a declaratory statement about a population is not an opinion. By trying to claim that it is an opinion now you are applying inductive reasoning which, again, assuming that you have some level of adult education, you should know is not valid.

What's wrong with this country is that we have people yapping nonsense about areas of study in which they have little or no knowledge. Your post is a good example.

OP, do you really want them there?

Old 09-27-2013, 01:22 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
If I get married (I'm gay) should I invite bigotted relatives. Can get married in minnesota now. I have openly bigotted fundamentalist relatives. I don't hate them or anything but I wouldn't want them to ruin my day but I think that some of them might be hurt if not invited.
Why would you invite drama into your wedding? I think I would invite the people who haven't, and still don't care about your being gay, and that you're marrying another man. Jmo

Old 09-27-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
What's wrong the syrup running dry there canuck? Go to you canadian board and cry there I don't have time for you and your syrup problems. Call Aunt Jemimah.
Look at that. Attacking someone. Looks like the art of hypocrisy to me.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:08 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
If I get married (I'm gay) should I invite bigotted relatives. Can get married in minnesota now. I have openly bigotted fundamentalist relatives. I don't hate them or anything but I wouldn't want them to ruin my day but I think that some of them might be hurt if not invited.

Invite who you want whether they like it or not. YOUR wedding is NOT the time to try and please others.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Invite who you want whether they like it or not. YOUR wedding is NOT the time to try and please others.
Yep

Old 09-27-2013, 02:29 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:

Invite them, but give them a different location in the invitation - like a heterosexual strip club/brothel.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:33 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Bigots? That's the least of your wedding day problems. What about Aunt Mary who hasn't talked to Uncle Frank for 10 years and refuses to sit with him and swears she'll hold her breath until you put them at different tables or Cousin Jeannie who is in a snit because you haven't invited her 4 kids under 5 years old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies