Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 07:36 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,978,740 times

Advertisements

Victims of Government - Ron Johnson, United States Senator for Wisconsin

Quote:
The Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy estimates that it costs Americans $1.75 trillion to comply with federal regulations each year. To put $1.75 trillion into perspective, that amount is larger than all but eight economies in the world. It also means that over 10% of the U.S. economy is spent on trying to satisfy rules issued by Washington bureaucrats. That doesn't even include federal, state, and local taxes.
The federal government alone consumes enough to give every family in poverty MORE THAN THE AVERAGE INCOME each year.

And for all that it consumes, all it gives us, is more poverty.

Imagine what the cost will be now that they've started on the effort to raise the cost of health care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 09:58 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,465,945 times
I for one am happy it costs more for restaurants to serve fresh food, instead of crap that should have been thrown in the garbage weeks ago.

I for one am happy that medications cost more because they are made with real medicine, instead of dog hair and lawn clippings.

I for one am happy that it costs more to go to a doctor that is regulated to actually be able to practice medicine, instead of some psychotic with a white coat.

I for one am happy that it costs more to properly dispose of wastes instead of hucking it in the street.

I for one am happy that there are regulations to make sure my shampoo is safe, and not just mercury and mustard mixed together.

It is greedy to put money in front of health, your own or some one else's. It may cost more to do things the proper way, but that cost is justified. There is certainly waste, but just because some is of the spending is wasteful doesn't mean we should do away with all the regulations that work to keep the public safe. It's not perfect, but it's a far sight better than absolutely nothing.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:13 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,535,085 times
But with doctors retiring and hospitals closing so they don't have to deal with Obamacare I think that is exactly what we are going to get. Poor quality health care.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
But with doctors retiring and hospitals closing so they don't have to deal with Obamacare I think that is exactly what we are going to get. Poor quality health care.
Well, you can take a look at the rankings.

We are the only first world country without any socialized medicine, we have the #1 cost in healthcare in the world...and the 38th in quality. Just under Costa Rica. This is a country with a GDP of $11,122 per capita, compared to the US's $49,965....before Obamacare. Since Obamacare really starts on Monday, how can you tell if health care quality is poor?

Old 09-30-2013, 05:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,978,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

We are the only first world country without any socialized medicine, we have the #1 cost in healthcare in the world...and the 38th in quality. Just under Costa Rica. This is a country with a GDP of $11,122 per capita, compared to the US's $49,965....before Obamacare. Since Obamacare really starts on Monday, how can you tell if health care quality is poor?
LOL, please... You insult our intelligence.

We have the BEST in the world. Bar none.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
LOL, please... You insult our intelligence.

We have the BEST in the world. Bar none.
Huh, the world health organization filled with experienced health professionals publicly available data based evidence of health care.

vs.

Jack ****

I know I'd rather have doctors evaluating health care.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,675,841 times
God bless America, where guts matter more than facts.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:11 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,031,877 times
Quote:

I often wondered why there were so many people from Canada and many countries in Europe at a hospital getting major operations (transplants) in the USA when I was there receiving one. Meet many nice French people on my visits there. Must of been our low quality health care. I am sure it had nothing to do with socialized medicine.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:15 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,276,186 times
Quote:
Huh, the world health organization filled with experienced health professionals publicly available data based evidence of health care.

vs.

Jack ****

I know I'd rather have doctors evaluating health care.
Really? Provide us with one world wide study that controls for age, illness, sex, SES, race, and PAYOR STATUS. So far, the only worldwide study has the USA at the top.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,555,991 times
Eventually, there will be long waits for things like knee and hip replacements.

That means a large off-shore medical industry for Americans with money will grow like mad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies