Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What a thread, conservatives are in favor of racial discrimination against black people.

Hey, it is freedom to discriminate against black people. We can't limit anyone's freedom to be a racist to black people.

This is a great tragedy that one bakery was found to be racist towards black people and punished.

This is why I say conservatives in general hate black people. SMH.
No one hates black people, the underclass blacks have smeared a whole race of people, and white people have trouble discerning the difference between good and bad and choose not to have any blacks living next to them because of this. The same as not wanting trailer trash scum whites living next door. Racism and discrimination charges are so easily and widely brought against people, it has created a large fear among a lot of white people, making it difficult to do anything about a bad neighbor, who happens to be black, without the fear of being charged with racism or discrimination. Raise your finger to a black person (even if they're wrong)and right away you are labeled a racist. This my friend is why many whites do not want to live next door to a black person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Please explain intra-minority ????
Sorry, I always have trouble with intra and inter.

As in the thread topic, you have both sides of the dispute trying to claim racism or immunity to racism due to their ethnicity.

The owner in particular attempts to use "How can I be racist, I'm a minority."

I've seen polls showing negative racial attitudes when you get to age bands 40-50 and lower whites actually have better racial attitudes. This was a couple years back in something like USA today so I cannot link to the study. It was in conjunction with an article about older whites, racism etc.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:36 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
No one hates black people, the underclass blacks have smeared a whole race of people, and white people have trouble discerning the difference between good and bad and choose not to have any blacks living next to them because of this. The same as not wanting trailer trash scum whites living next door. Racism and discrimination charges are so easily and widely brought against people, it has created a large fear among a lot of white people, making it difficult to do anything about a bad neighbor, who happens to be black, without the fear of being charged with racism or discrimination. Raise your finger to a black person (even if they're wrong)and right away you are labeled a racist. This my friend is why many whites do not want to live next door to a black person.
The sentiment that Underclass blacks smeared a whole race is the thinking of a racist and of course its hatred. Carry on.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes.....and black men with college degrees have a higher unemployment rate than white male ex-convicts. But discrimination doesn't play a part in that, right?

My solution is to get rid of racial discrimination.
Probably because there are 10x as many whites who are ex cons(with major to minor convictions), than black men who have college degrees. How many black men do you know with degrees. I don't know to many. Most of the jobs an ex con would have would be menial labor jobs(roofers, laborers, etc). Are black men with degrees going to take these jobs. You aren't looking at the whole picture, just the stats regarding black men with college degrees.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
The only way to get rid of racism is to
Quote:
create a color blind society
, one where we see each other only as fellow human beings and Americans and not races of any kind.

Unfortunately liberal Democrats won't let this, happen, they keep racism alive by separating people into different categories with their PC bull like "African American " or " Black history month ". Why don't we just call them Americans? Why don't we just teach black history as American history? I fail to understand the need for liberals to separate people like they do.

I find it hilarious how they say they're against racism but yet support racist policies like Affirmative Action, or how if you support Stand Your Ground you are racist because of Trayvon Martin even though SYG had NOTHING to do with it, or how if you are against illegal immigration you must be racist, or how everyone in the south is still racist (I thought that they believed in being open minded and not generalizing?) or my favorite -if you didn't vote for Obama you hate black people.

Cracks me up every time. So much hypocrisy and they can't even see it.
It has nothing to do with color, it has to do with culture and behavior patterns.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:53 AM

Now here is a story about a single woman pursuing a single case of racial discrimination against a single business owner.

It has nothing to do with the black underclass.

But from that story we get talk of a black underclass, just as I said, no matter the topic, for racists it always comes back to there is something wrong with the black race that justifies racial discrimination against them. This is what racists do. This is how racists think.

Racists see a story about a single black person pursing a single case of discrimination and want to discuss the black underclass and how those blackpeople have really ruined it for black people. SMH.

Again this is how racists think.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i have also referenced that study in past, the most notable one i saw being a 2003 study in milwaukee
JS Online: Study shows how deeply black men face discrimination in hiring

here is a blurb from a report commissioned by the nyc gov
Figure 2 shows the results from this second three-person team in which the white tester now presents evidence of a felony conviction. His test partners, black and Latino young men, present no criminal background. As we can see in this figure, the rate of positive responses for the white tester are substantially diminished relative to the white tester with no criminal background (from Figure 1). Nevertheless, this white applicant with a felony conviction appears to do just as well, if not better, than 6 his black counterpart with no criminal background. These results suggest that employers view minority job applicants as essentially equivalent to whites just out of prison. Despite the fact that these applicants presented equivalent credentials and applied for exactly the same jobs, race appears to overtake all else in determining employment opportunities. Calibrating the magnitude of the race effects to the effects of a felony conviction presents a disturbing picture. Blacks remain at the very end of the hiring queue, even in relation to (white) applicants who have just been released from prison.
The results here point to the striking persistence of race in the allocation of employment opportunities. Employers faced with large numbers of applicants and little time to evaluate them seem to view race as an adequate means by which to weed out undesirable applicants upon first review.
As just one example, the following case records this team’s experience applying for a position at a local auto dealership. Joe, the black tester, applied first and was informed at the outset that the only available positions were for those with direct auto sales experience.

When Josue, his Latino partner, applied, the lack of direct auto sales experience was less of a problem. Josue reports: “He asked me if I had any customer service experience and I said not really…. He then told me that 7 he wanted to get rid of a few bad apples who were not performing well. He asked me when I could start….” Josue was told to wait for a call back on Monday.
Keith, their white ex-felon test partner, was first given a stern lecture regarding his criminal background. “I have no problem with your conviction, it doesn’t bother me. But if I find out money is missing or you’re not clean or not showing up on time I have no problem ending the relationship.” Despite the employer’s concerns, and despite Keith having no more sales experience than his test partners, Keith was offered the job on the spot. This example illustrates the ways in which race can trump even known criminality in certain cases. Indeed, far from racial considerations in employment being a thing of the past, we see that they are alive and well and actively shaping the opportunities available to members of different racial/ethnic group
Sorry, but it depends on experience and what was the white guy's conviction, major or minor. I see a lot of ads where it says "a conviction does not necessarily disqualify you from this job" It does not state this in the article.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The sentiment that Underclass blacks smeared a whole race is the thinking of a racist and of course its hatred. Carry on.
Ahhhhh, Because you say so, I see. Face the facts and quit sticking your head in the sand, a certain segment of blacks would like you to believe this.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:36 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
I was thinking maybe no blacks applied for jobs at this place.
The city overall is only 25% black, so any business has a 75% chance to not have any blacks, and in neighborhoods that are 90% white, I'd assume that percentage chance might be even less. Just an observation.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Ahhhhh, Because you say so, I see. Face the facts and quit sticking your head in the sand, a certain segment of blacks would like you to believe this.
Again, the idea of collective racial guilt or collective racial behavior is how racists think.

The idea that this case of discrimination has anything to do with a black underclass shows where you are coming from, which is there is something wrong with the black race that justifies racial discrimination. That was your opening sentence to me. Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies