Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 07:06 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times

Advertisements

The title to the thread is a political title not one based ins reality . House past funding budgets senate and president refuse negotiate .The **** down is responsible to personal vendettas

Old 09-30-2013, 07:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Senate didn't start this, the House GOP did, so GOP is making themselves look bad. They know they can't win this shutdown battle, and they push for it anyway.
The Senate knows there are lots of ignorant fools out there that will blame the GOP because the Senate refuses to do their job..

Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
The Senate didn't start this, the House GOP did, so GOP is making themselves look bad. They know they can't win this shutdown battle, and they push for it anyway.
GOP needs a refresher on the meaning of some words, ie. tantrum - definition of tantrum by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
haha, the thread was started by a lefty, throwing a tantrum that troops not getting paid

Mr Bob, always a little slow to catch up to the rest of us..

Old 09-30-2013, 07:25 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
I don't get their approach. They MUST be aware they will be blamed, and that it would cost them the House, but they do it anyway being aware it has no chance of success
Blame game belongs to democrats when all the time this whole thing is the fault of the democrats. Only ignorant people that do not know what is going on would bame Republicans. I just e-mailed my senators and told them to straighten-up and vote for the next bill the House sends them. Hope other Republicans do too and any democrat that hopes to get re-elected in this state.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:28 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,671 times
I agree! These posters that are embroiled in this partisan BS are like little children rooting for their T-ball team. Republicans and Democrats are in bed with each other and only a fool doesn't realize it. They're playing THEIR game. They don't care about you or me or any of us! The country would be better off if the government would just shut down and go home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you would just put your partisan politics to the side then you'd see that both sides are playing this shutdown game.

This is the new budget process.

Neither side has to concede. No cuts and no taxes.
Both sides come out winners in the end because we just fund BAU and raise the debt ceiling.

Neither side cares about our deficit spending and neither side cares about addressing the debt.
DC has even given up the pretext of pretending they even care anymore as we don't have any appointed high profile budget commissions that we had last year.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:30 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,996,634 times
The House passed a bill funding the military and paying the troops. Here's your chance, Democrats - if you want to fund the military, then vote for it. If Democrats refuse to fund the military after Republicans voted to do just that, then I'd say Reid is the one holding everyone hostage, not the GOP. While you're at it you Democrats can also enact the House bill that funds the entire current government with only a few exceptions, an offer I think is quite generous on their part. If I was asking for "100% of what I wanted" I'd cut enough to balance the budget and defund a lot more than just Obamacare.

The point is, if you Senate Democrats want to fund the government the Republicans have handed you funding for it on a silver platter. They've even given you an option just to make sure the troops are paid while you haggle over the rest of the government, if that's what you would prefer.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:37 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
So it seems. They need to learn to pick their fights. A lose-lose situation is never a good thing.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 AM

293 posts, read 249,960 times
This is NOT gunna end well for the Redumblicans...

Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Well if paychecks are on the line then it's safe to say Obama/Kerry won't be thinking about invading any countries in the next few weeks

See, there's always a bright spot to the end of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies