Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
For the first time since 1978, someone has died of a gunshot wound in Yellowstone National Park. And for the first time since 1938, the victim was a child, a 3-year-old Idaho girl who shot herself with her father’s handgun this weekend, only three years after Congress legalized guns in national parks.

Though firing a gun is illegal in Yellowstone, firearms have been allowed in all national parks since a 2010 Republican amendment on an unrelated credit card bill passed Congress. The amount of violence in national parks is actually quite low, given the 3 million visitors annually, but the sponsor, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK), has skewed that data to falsely claim his amendment led to less crime. The dangers of keeping firearms around children, however, are far more well documented.

3-Year-Old Shot Dead In Yellowstone After Congress Permits Guns In Parks | ThinkProgress
I guess the gun nuts are hell bent on outing their own. Chances are that this child would have had the opportunity to shoot herself at home as well, being that are parents are obviously as dumb as a box of rocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 03:25 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,852 times
Merica!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I guess the gun nuts are hell bent on outing their own. Chances are that this child would have had the opportunity to shoot herself at home as well, being that are parents are obviously as dumb as a box of rocks.
It is too bad what happened to the child. Bad things happen every day, welcome to America.

I hope your next post is about how swimming pools are 100 times more likely to kill a child than a gun. You know, if it saves just one life.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It is too bad what happened to the child. Bad things happen every day, welcome to America.

I hope your next post is about how swimming pools are 100 times more likely to kill a child than a gun. You know, if it saves just one life.
I have no idea what you are defending here. The dumb as dirt parents and their right to carry a gun in a National Park?

Old 09-09-2013, 03:29 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times
Quote:
Your last sentence is were the blame should lie!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you are defending here. The dumb as dirt parents?
I don't know why you made thread about this.

Maybe your next thread will be about someone dying in a car crash.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:31 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,852 times
Quote:

He made this thread because the child died because of negligence. It wasn't just an accident. It was criminal negligence.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:32 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
Freedom is for smart people and dumb people... you can't ban freedom from smart people because of dumb people... anti-gun fanatics can't understand that...

Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
And in the meantime in my area about 2 weeks ago two children were shot but survived.

Quote:

Cops: Dispute led to Sherman Hills shooting - News - Citizens' Voice

WILKES-BARRE - Police believe a domestic dispute led to the shooting Saturday that hospitalized two young girls with life-threatening injuries, city officials said Sunday evening in an update on the incident.
Police responded to a report of gunfire at the Sherman Hills apartment complex around 1:30 p.m. Saturday and found the children bloodied and requiring urgent medical attention.
Authorities identified the victims as two girls, ages 2 and 5. As of 4:15 p.m., the 5-year-old was in "critical but stable" condition and the 2-year-old was in critical condition in Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, said Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis. She did not release the names of the girls.
...and then a week later two people tied to the kid who was ahot and killed in his stroller were found in the same complex.
Quote:

Two arrested in Sherman Hills for NYC toddler's shooting death - News - Citizens' Voice

The U.S. Marshal Service arrested two New York men Friday at the Sherman Hills Apartments in Wilkes-Barre in connection with a Brooklyn shooting death of a toddler, authorities said.

Police located Daquan Breland, 23, and Daquan Wright, 19, at 328 Parkview Circle, Apt. 619, and arrested them without incident, said U.S. Marshal Martin J. Pane of the Middle District of Pennsylvania. They were in Wilkes-Barre police custody, waived extradition to New York and were transferred to the custody of the New York City police.
Where's the article on Think progress about that? We all know why it isn't there, A)they were black, B)it wasn't an accident and C)they were criminals.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:46 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:

He started this thread thinking that if they keep pi$$ing and moaning about "guns killing people" they will eventually be able to take away the rights of American citizens. Just some more liberal bulls**t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies