Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 08:06 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Have you ever driven through Mississipppi? Not just the cities either but the small towns? I thought I was in a 2nd world country in some parts. I'm not sure some of the creatures I saw in line trying to get into places that had $5 all you can eat buffets in backwater towns in MS were even from planet Earth.
Conservatives dont believe in infrastructure or social programs.

They'd rather live in a swamp if its cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 08:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Since when are the "Liberals" in California or anywhere else, paying anyone salaries? Most business owners are staunch Republican conservatives.

Even the staunchly Republican New Hampshire has its share of poverty. Just drive through the small towns north of the White Mountains for some fine examples of falling down houses and peeling paint.

It is not the low wages associated with poverty but he ever growing discrepancy between the lowest paid and the recipients of investment income that is destroying our country and our economy.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:50 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
There is a differnce in a state's "impoverished" rate and a state being impoverished.

It may be correct that California may have more "Impovershed" residents than Mississippi, but there is no analysis on the the funding for the impoversihed offered by California versus Mississippi.

No analysis on the funds held by each state nor the expenditure per capita on the impoverished in each state. No analysis of the dept of poverty per capita by state. Are California's impoverished just below the federal poverty line, while MS' impoverished are further and more deeply below the FPL?

What is the point if Mississipppi has a lower per capita rate of impoverished?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:14 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Maybe CA can import even more illiterate and illegal Mexicans to suckle their government tittie.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:20 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
but there is no analysis on the the funding for the impoversihed offered by California versus Mississippi.
Do parasites in CA cost more than in MS?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Have you ever driven through Mississipppi? Not just the cities either but the small towns? I thought I was in a 2nd world country in some parts. I'm not sure some of the creatures I saw in line trying to get into places that had $5 all you can eat buffets in backwater towns in MS were even from planet Earth.
Yeah... I've got some deep family roots in that state, and let's just say that Mississippi is beyond depressing. It's dirt poor, backwards, and has that feel as if you've stepped back a full century in time. I've seen other similarly depressing states (rural Arkansas, Kentucky, WV, parts of east and west Texas, and Oklahoma) but I haven't seen anything quite as bad as Mississippi. I think many of these posters have no clue.

Mississippi.. California... Mississippi... California..... Yeah, the choice isn't difficult.

I'd much rather be poor in California.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Maybe CA can import even more illiterate and illegal Mexicans to suckle their government tittie.
Again, it's obvious that many of you have never set foot in Mississippi.

They've been importing more than their fair share of illegals from across the border too, and if you spend more than 2seconds there it's blatantly obvious.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:32 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah... I've got some deep family roots in that state, and let's just say that Mississippi is beyond depressing. It's dirt poor, backwards, and has that feel as if you've stepped back a full century in time. I've seen other similarly depressing states (rural Arkansas, Kentucky, WV, parts of east and west Texas, and Oklahoma) but I haven't seen anything quite as bad as Mississippi. I think many of these posters have no clue.

Mississippi.. California... Mississippi... California..... Yeah, the choice isn't difficult.

I'd much rather be poor in California.
Let's be honest.

They came up with a scheme to redefine poverty in order to get federal dollars because they are in so much debt.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Let's be honest.

They came up with a scheme to redefine poverty in order to get federal dollars because they are in so much debt.
California is turning itself around quite nicely. And they're optimistic about projections that it's gonna get even better very soon.

They have pension issues that are dire, but I have no doubt that they'll figure it out.

And unlike you, I actually hope things get a lot better there.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:45 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
California is turning itself around quite nicely. And they're optimistic about projections that it's gonna get even better very soon.

They have pension issues that are dire, but I have no doubt that they'll figure it out.

And unlike you, I actually hope things get a lot better there.
Don't put words in my post.

I hope things get better there. They need to do things the right way and not burden the American tax payers.

See Gov. Walker - Wisconsin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies