Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 10:20 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Cindy Vinson
"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

lol. The typical mindset of an 0bama toe sucker. I think she posts here, too.
Really?

I hope she see's this and can chime in.

Maybe she can help some folks on here with a reality face slap.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Demand is strong as Obamacare enrollment starts in California

Kicking off a historic healthcare expansion, California's new insurance market stumbled out of the gate with computer glitches, long hold times and an online enrollment delay for small businesses.

Still, many consumers rushed to get coverage Tuesday when enrollment opened nationwide as part of President Obama's Affordable Care Act. It was a rocky start for many government-run insurance exchanges across the country as computers froze and online enrollment was postponed for several hours.

In California, officials nonetheless took heart at the stronger-than-expected response: about 5 million online hits and more than 17,000 calls.

Demand is strong as Obamacare enrollment starts in California - latimes.com
So OP...You provide two examples, if we are to even accept them as fact and with all the people showing interest or attempting to enroll, do you really believe your examples even qualify as a spit in the bucket?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So OP...You provide two examples, if we are to even accept them as fact and with all the people showing interest or attempting to enroll, do you really believe your examples even qualify as a spit in the bucket?
It is a fact that Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are California residents and were quoted in an article for the San Jose Mercury News. Do you dispute that?

Again... the point of my thread is that there is buyers remorse present in California for some of those who supported the ACA and then suffered distress and sticker shock.

Whether or not what happened to these Obama supporters is a "spit in the bucket" remains to be seen.

More to come I am sure.

Will be an interesting 12 months ahead... culminating in the 2014 congressional elections.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
It is a fact that Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are California residents and were quoted in an article for the San Jose Mercury News. Do you dispute that?

Again... the point of my thread is that there is buyers remorse present in California for some of those who supported the ACA and then suffered distress and sticker shock.

Whether or not what happened to these Obama supporters is a "spit in the bucket" remains to be seen.

More to come I am sure.

Will be an interesting 12 months ahead... culminating in the 2014 congressional elections.
The ACA will work out just fine. Medicare Part D was a disaster when it was rolled out, which is to be expected with complicated stuff like this. It will be a success because necessity is the mother of invention and there is certainly a necessity for affordable health insurance. And as other posters have stated, the GOP will attempt to take credit for it...

Romneycare is successful and the people of Mass would not repeal it...ever...and that is what the GOP is afraid of...The ACA having the same popularity. Even crazy Cruz admitted as much...

Sugar and the Real Reason for Cruz’s Opposition | Ordinary Times

Too bad that you are so hoping for the demise of a program that helps the average family. I wonder what is in it for you to feel that way...

Old 10-06-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Demand is strong as Obamacare enrollment starts in California

Kicking off a historic healthcare expansion, California's new insurance market stumbled out of the gate with computer glitches, long hold times and an online enrollment delay for small businesses.

Still, many consumers rushed to get coverage Tuesday when enrollment opened nationwide as part of President Obama's Affordable Care Act. It was a rocky start for many government-run insurance exchanges across the country as computers froze and online enrollment was postponed for several hours.

In California, officials nonetheless took heart at the stronger-than-expected response: about 5 million online hits and more than 17,000 calls.

http://www.latimes.com/health/health...,4856547.story

Oh...

Here's an update to your referenced article btw. I think it's a source that you can trust as fact.

Report: California Obamacare totals inflated

"California’s health insurance exchange reported — wrongly — that it had received 5 million hits on its website the first day of Obamacare. State officials said the real number was only about a tenth of that, or 645,000, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

Wow... you can really trust the La Times with their breaking ACA stories huh?

Click -> Report: California Obamacare totals inflated - Joanne Kenen - POLITICO.com

Old 10-06-2013, 11:10 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Cindy Vinson
"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

lol. The typical mindset of an 0bama toe sucker. I think she posts here, too.
I thought that comment was amusing too.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
The ACA will work out just fine.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Oh...

Here's an update to your referenced article btw. I think it's a source that you can trust as fact.

Report: California Obamacare totals inflated

"California’s health insurance exchange reported — wrongly — that it had received 5 million hits on its website the first day of Obamacare. State officials said the real number was only about a tenth of that, or 645,000, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

Click -> Report: California Obamacare totals inflated - Joanne Kenen - POLITICO.com
...and...so what if they were? It does not change the fact that the outcome will inevitably be the same as Medicare and Social Security. The ACA is the gateway to single payer which is what was initially intended, but the GOP was the wrench in the works. Vermont will be one of the first states to make the transition which is already in the works. This ship has sailed. The GOP/Teapubicans are freaking out and that is actually the best gauge to measure the success of the program. It is not Obama's Waterloo...it is theirs.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:19 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
One of the things that wasn't mentioned in the article is that if you fall outside the 400% FPL and the insurance exceeds 8% of your income you can opt out. Its very likely that one of both of the people interviewed could opt out and buy a catastrophic policy outside the exchange or nothing. The other thing the article didn't mention is the different "metal" levels available. The bronze level for a family of four would be more like $8400. The bottom line though is a lot of people who fall outside the 400% FPL can opt out as well as those who don't earn $15,800 and their is no penalty. If you want to put the $8400 into perspective it cost about $11,000 for the typical Medicare Recipient and about half that comes right out of general revenue. In other words every Medicare recipient regardless of income gets a generous subsidy from the government.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
...and...so what if they were? It does not change the fact that the outcome will inevitably be the same as Medicare and Social Security. The ACA is the gateway to single payer which is what was initially intended, but the GOP was the wrench in the works. Vermont will be one of the first states to make the transition which is already in the works. This ship has sailed. The GOP/Teapubicans are freaking out and that is actually the best gauge to measure the success of the program. It is not Obama's Waterloo...it is theirs.

Really?

Is that what Barack and Nancy told us when pushing the whole thing?

President Obama Compares Government Run Health Care to the Post Office "Always having problems" - YouTube

He says there that "private insurers should be able to compete". And.. the MSNBC caption says "Pres: I'm not promoting a single payer plan".

That does not sound like Single Payer...

Was he dishonest while selling this bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies