Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 PM

577 posts, read 512,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Whatever the reason, whatever the excuse............IT IS NOT THE JOB OF THE GOVERNMENT!

Now you know.
So you just let the sick that don't have insurance die on the sidewalk then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 04:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Health care used to be affordable, and it wasn't that long ago.

Start by importing a million physicians (over say 10 years) and putting them on a track to citizenship if they work in a doc in a box for a certain number of years. Let those who can't afford insurance seek their non-emergency medical care there.

Keep importing more and more until the health care monopolies are killed dead.

Second, force all providers to state their prices in public and up front. Any provider not complying goes to jail.
I love ^.

Actually, most routine medical care is increasingly being performed by Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners who work under an MD's supervision.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:09 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's because you're not paying attention to the many, many conservative ideas.
Like what? Hold a fundraiser, put some coins in a jar at a convenience store and hope for the best?

Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

Free clinics. They already exist.
Ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Who pays for the free clinics and the medical professionals who staff them?

What currently exists are few are far between.

Patch Adams and the Gesundheit! Institute never materialized due to a lack of funding.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Like what? Hold a fundraiser, put some coins in a jar at a convenience store and hope for the best?
Are you doing that? if not, how DARE YOU consider the idea that you get to rob SOMEONE ELSE'S money to put in the cookie jar.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Who pays for the free clinics and the medical professionals who staff them?

What currently exists are few are far between.

Patch Adams and the Gesundheit! Institute never materialized due to a lack of funding.
TANSTAAFL.

(There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Old 10-07-2013, 04:17 PM

624 posts, read 939,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Oh my! How did people go to the doctors before the government decided to run the healthcare in this country, I wonder....! That can't be possible. The government is the savior!!!
A lot of them couldn't.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
So you just let the sick that don't have insurance die on the sidewalk then?
What? You think you're entitled to rob someone else to give to them, and then call yourself their savior?

Old 10-07-2013, 04:22 PM

624 posts, read 939,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Health care used to be affordable, and it wasn't that long ago.

Start by importing a million physicians (over say 10 years) and putting them on a track to citizenship if they work in a doc in a box for a certain number of years. Let those who can't afford insurance seek their non-emergency medical care there.

Keep importing more and more until the health care monopolies are killed dead.

Second, force all providers to state their prices in public and up front. Any provider not complying goes to jail.
I would assume this was tongue-in-cheek except for some of the other proposals I've seen on these forums. Are you suggesting the government pay liability insurance for a million doctors? Sounds like a backhanded vote for single-payer!

Old 10-07-2013, 04:24 PM

577 posts, read 512,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
What? You think you're entitled to rob someone else to give to them, and then call yourself their savior?
I think as a civilzed society, that I prefer not seeing people that are sick suffering and dying due to lack of health care. Reguardless of anyone's opinion like yours, people are not going to be denied services at an ER. Trust me, I pay for it every year on my property tax though the hospital district. Not only that, my increased insurance premiums are paying for it. A better managed system through something like ACA gets people paying in some money, and will take the burden off my paid for insurance and off my hospital district tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies