Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times

Advertisements

I get it. Conservatives want defense, old people want their medicare, and everyone else wants their piece of the tax revenue pie.

So why don't we dig deep and audit the entire government of the United States?

Find out just how much we have of fraud, marked up favors to contractors, bridges to nowhere, and unnecessary luxuries being used by crooks.

I'm sure there is enough wasteful spending in a decade to pay for the audit and much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 01:09 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
I guess nobody care about partisan solutions, do they?

Old 10-11-2013, 03:45 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
RWNJs don't want to consider the need for each bit of spending: They want simply to have a rationalization for doing away with spending regardless of whether it satisfies a worthy need. They don't want to consider whether those receiving public assistance are good people doing the best our society allows them to do, but rather want to be able to assume with impunity that everyone receiving public assistance is a slacker, miscreant, or otherwise worthy of their derision, their marginalization, and their callous disregard. They don't want to look in the eye of those who are adversely affected by the right-wing's egoistic veneration of avarice, but rather want to foster the comfort and luxury of some without heeding how their partisan preference promulgates economic injustice.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:00 AM

11,801 posts, read 5,804,343 times
I don't think it's just the conservatives but all politicians. I think everyone knows there is fraud in the gov't programs - from the $20,000 hammer to the selling of food stamps to buy drugs. No one wants their projects audited because they don't want the other side saying I told you so. Instead of each party working for the good of the American people and the survival of this country by tightening up the cracks in all of the programs, they'd rather continue the school yard bullying and name calling.

The gov't is a business and should be run like one - but we have primarily lawyers turned politicians continually baiting each other to score points with the people like it's all one big game instead of people's lives.

It's time Americans tell the gov't - we are holding you accountable but few are. Instead, the majority of people follow party lines believing their messiah of that party.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:24 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I get it. Conservatives want defense, old people want their medicare, and everyone else wants their piece of the tax revenue pie.

Find out just how much we have of fraud, marked up favors to contractors, bridges to nowhere, and unnecessary luxuries being used by crooks.

I'm sure there is enough wasteful spending in a decade to pay for the audit and much more.
When did you become liberal?

Old 10-11-2013, 05:07 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Better to eliminate as much government as possible. Auditing wont get rid of the control and influence it has over our lives.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 10-11-2013 at 05:15 AM..

Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
The Dems would have just the crook to run the auditing office.

Then that crook would steal 90 percent of the money allocated to auditing.

I think the rule of thumb you can use, is, most of the money is being stolen.

And you got that for free.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:12 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
RWNJs don't want to consider the need for each bit of spending: They want simply to have a rationalization for doing away with spending regardless of whether it satisfies a worthy need. They don't want to consider whether those receiving public assistance are good people doing the best our society allows them to do, but rather want to be able to assume with impunity that everyone receiving public assistance is a slacker, miscreant, or otherwise worthy of their derision, their marginalization, and their callous disregard. They don't want to look in the eye of those who are adversely affected by the right-wing's egoistic veneration of avarice, but rather want to foster the comfort and luxury of some without heeding how their partisan preference promulgates economic injustice.
you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-11-2013 at 07:37 AM..

Old 10-11-2013, 07:15 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

Do you ever read Sen. Tom Coburns's books he publishes EVERY year documenting wasteful programs.

Why don't you get YOUR representatives to act on them?

Old 10-11-2013, 07:19 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
you don't know what you are talking about.
Rather, I apparently struck a nerve to motivate you to reply, and for some reason you didn't actually refute what I wrote. I suspect it is because you knew that there was no way to tie-back your support for right-wing avarice to anything meritorious or otherwise worthy.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-11-2013 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies