Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 01:00 PM

490 posts, read 650,644 times

Advertisements

I understand that all Presidents are open game for criticism, jokes, and ridicule but honestly have we ever had a President attacked in the manner the current one?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...he-quran-down/

Old 10-13-2013, 05:18 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
I understand that all Presidents are open game for criticism, jokes, and ridicule but honestly have we ever had a President attacked in the manner the current one?

Rallier tells Obama to ‘put the Quran down’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Yes when Bush was pres from 2000-2008.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:

Rallier tells Obama to ‘put the Quran down’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Awwwww.....such a pity.

I am willing to wager anything that he's a secret muslim.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Awwwww.....such a pity.

Of course he is a Muslim. Why would he go out of his way to protect Muslims? Why would he have enabled and facilitated the Muslim Brotherhood (the father of al-Qaeda)?

Old 10-13-2013, 05:27 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Say Bush looks like a chimp = enlightened, open-minded
Say Obama looks like a chimp = racist troglodyte

Old 10-13-2013, 05:28 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,036 times
Not even close to how bush was treated! Open wishes to kill bush while in office. Books and movies of hate about him. Those calling him dumb. False news reports.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:29 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Yes when Bush was pres from 2000-2008.
Not as much on a personal level. Bush was attacked for his policies (or rather his puppeteer's policies) and his presentation skills.... two things related to presidency. In regards to Obama, people are just making stuff up and attacking him based on it. It's like middleschool drama.

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
You're kidding right?

"President Bush is a liar,"
Harry Reid

"Iraq is George Bush's Vietnam,"
Ted Kennedy

"That the invasion of Iraq was a war crime."
Noam Chomsky

"George Bush doesn't care about black people."
Kanye West

"What did Bush do on 9/11? He ran away and hid."
George Clooney

"Guns don't kill people, Americans kill people."
Michael Moore

"Bush is an incompetent leader. In fact, he's not a leader,''
Nancy Pelosi- Democrat Speaker of the House

"It is a disgrace. This administration (Bush) is a disgrace."
Rosie O'Donnell

"I don't think that (U.S. President) George Bush...is a man of honor,"
Harry Belafonte

"I mean, I'm afraid of terrorists, but I'm more afraid of the Patriot Act."
Margaret Cho

"We have a culture of corruption, we have cronyism, we have incompetence,"
Hillary Clinton

"There's nothing you could point to in the Bush Administration with pride,"
Janeane Garofalo

"As we have learned in the past weeks, we cannot trust George W. Bush,"
Barbra Steisand

"We need to change our ethic and aspire to be more Canadian-like,"
Michael Moore

"What Bush intends to do with Iraq is unconstitutional, immoral and illegal,"
Jessica Lange

George Bush is responsible for killing tens of thousands of innocent people.”
Cindy Sheehan (notice how these people are dead silent about the thousands of innocent people Obama has murdered with drones?)

"[George W. Bush is] a half-wit President who was not legally elected".
Moby

"Bush’s war on terrorism has turned Americans “from victims to perpetrator,”
George Soros

"Bush stole the elections and since then we have all been suffering the consequences."
Jessica Lange

"We need a different president right away, I think.... I think we should impeach this one."
Linda Ronstadt

"How could such a destructive man (Bush) be so popular with the American people?"
Barbra Streisand

"It's time to impeach the president (Bush) and get a man in there to get us out of this mess."
Bruce Springsteen

"I don't like Bush," she said. "I don't trust him. I don't like his record. He's stupid. He's lazy."
Cher

"In the 19 months since 9-11, we have seen our democracy compromised by fear and hatred,"
Tim Robbins

"George W. Bush is evil. He is a terrorist. He is evil. He is arrogant. And he is out of control."
Julianne Malveaux - USA Today columnist

"George W Bush is like a bad comic working the crowd, a moron, if you'll pardon the expression,"
Martin Sheen

George W. Bush and his principal officials are the greatest threat to world peace, to human rights,"
Ramsey Clark- U.S. Attorney General for Democrat President Lyndon B. Johnson & defense attorney for Saddam Hussein

"It is preposterous for the administration to pretend that the war in Iraq has made America safer,"
Ted Kennedy

"The American attitude is that we believe we have a right to just go in and bomb another country."
Michael Moore

"Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas,"
Natalie Maines

"He's embarrassing... He's not my president. He will never be my president"
Julia Roberts

"What the United States has been doing for the past year is bombing innocent civilians..."
Viggo Mortensen

"I'll do everything that I can possibly do, short of selling my children," to beat Bush."
Jessica Lange

“This President invaded a sovereign nation in defiance of the UN. He is basically a war criminal."
Rosie O'Donnell

"I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations."
John Kerry

"In the last six and a half years we have seen a dangerous experiment in extremism in the White House."
Hillary Clinton

"He is supposed to be America's president, but he's not my president, I didn't vote for him,"
Carlos Santana

How depressing, corrupt, unlawful and tragically absurd the administration's world view actually is...
John Cusack

"I'd say if you live in the United States of America and you vote for George Bush, you've lost your mind."
John Edwards

"And I think the president hijacked 9/11 and used it to go to war with Iraq, in a way that was very divisive."
Al Franken

I mean, I think, Iraqis, I think, feel that if we drove smaller cars, maybe we wouldn’t have to kill them for their oil.”
Bill Maher

"I am more patriotic than this president we have, who I consider a traitor of human and American principles.”
Sean Penn

"Bush is a tyrant and if he gathers around him black tyrants, they all have to be treated as they are being treated,"
Harry Belafonte

"He (Bush) is the enemy of thoughtfulness. I wasn't raised in George Bush's America, and I wouldn't be comfortable in it."
Richard Dreyfus

"No president in America's history has done more damage to our country and our security than George W. Bush."
Ted Kennedy

"I've been an advocate for peace my whole life. But one of the main purveyors of violence in this world is this country,"
Danny Glover

"The Bush administration has advocated the most destructive policies I?ve seen in the more than three decades."
Robert Redford

"Bush wasn't elected, he was selected— selected by five judges up in Washington who voted along party lines,"
Alec Baldwin

"President Bush’s contempt for human rights and civil liberties is unprecedented in the American Presidency."
Ramsey Clark- U.S. Attorney General for Democrat President Lyndon B. Johnson & defense attorney for Saddam Hussein

"I predict to you that this administration will go down in history as one of the worst that has ever governed our country."
Hillary Clinton

"This week President Bush implemented a military tribunal ... which will make it easier for us to execute (people)."
Danny Glover

"His agenda is different from ours. His agenda is basically about benefits of rich, greedy, ignorant people."
Carlos Santana

"But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors."
Barack Obama

"If these men (Bush Administration) are not impeached and thrown in jail, we truly are approaching the end of days."
John Cusack

"You, Misters Bush and Cheney; you, Ms. Rice, are villainously and criminally obscene people, obscene human beings.."
Sean Penn

"I think the Abu Ghraib prison scandal really exposes some of the key lies that we've been telling ourselves about terrorism."
Bill Maher

"We will take to the streets right now. We will delegitimize Bush, discredit him, do whatever it takes, but never accept him,"
Jesse Jackson

"There has never been an administration, I don't believe, in our history more intent upon consolidating and abusing power to further their own agenda,"
Hillary Clinton

“I HATE BUSH. I despise him and his entire administration — not only because of its international policy, but also the national,”
Jessica Lange

"I have been absolutely amazed, even shocked, at the combination of arrogance and incompetence that marks this particular administration,"
Hillary Clinton

Iraq is a war on terrorism, and terrorists don't deserve the Geneva Convention because it's a completely unique way of fighting. Well, that's ridiculous."
Bill Maher

“This President invaded a sovereign nation in defiance of the UN. He is basically a war criminal. Honestly. He should be tried at The Hague."
Rosie O'Donnell

"It is now clear to the world that the Bush Administration ignored or twisted the facts, lied and misled the country into war."
Jesse Jackson

"One of the main purveyors of violence in this world has been this country, whether it's been against Nicaragua, Vietnam or wherever,"
Danny Glover

"Since when is offensive language a reason for being unpopular? I find the language of George W much more offensive."
Madonna

"The Bush administration asserted a new doctrine that suggests a uniquely American right to use force wherever and whenever we decide it's appropriate.
John Edwards

"I feel that George Bush's actions are desecrating the America that I grew up in and believed in. He is making us an imperialist government.
Ed Asner

"I have never felt more strongly in any other election because I cannot imagine what our country would look like under four more years of a Bush administration,"
Hillary Clinton

"I think the actions of the president are, in my opinion, the most vile and hateful words ever spoken by a sitting president. I am stunned, and I'm horrified,"
Rosie O'Donnell

"We stand a chance of getting a president who has probably killed more people before he gets into office than any president in the history of the United States."
Susan Sarandon

"Our current administration needs to be tried, hung and shot," the singer boldly stated. "We need to treat them like the war criminals they are."
Rage Against the Machine

"I think George Bush is such an embarrassment to America in the way that he doesn't take the rest of the world into consideration."
Gwyneth Paltrow

"Climate change is more remote than terror but a more profound threat to the future of the children and the grandchildren and the great-grandchildren I hope all of you have."
Bill Clinton

"While President Bush likes to project an image of strength and courage, the real truth is that in the presence of his large financial contributors, he is a moral coward,"
Al Gore

"I don't want add fuel to the fire, but I don't know what it's going to take for people to really wake up and understand that they (the Bush Administration) are liars and they are murderers."
Joy Behar

"Bush is an incompetent leader. In fact, he's not a leader.... He's a person who has no judgment, no experience and no knowledge of the subjects that he has to decide upon.''

"President Bush is pushing the wrong buttons when he says, 'Those who are not with us, are against us,... This is an imperialist vision in which the U.S. leads and the rest of the world follows."
George Soros

"I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists."
Jane Fonda

"In two short years, George W. Bush has taught us what the 'W' stands for -- wrong. Wrong for our children, wrong for our parents, wrong for our values. Wrong, wrong, wrong for America."
John Edwards

"This is the pattern and the record of the Bush administration [on] Iraq, jobs, Medicare, schools, issue after issue -- mislead, deceive, make up the needed facts, smear the character of any critics,"
Ted Kennedy

"And the idea is--in that comparison--is that the United States is like the good guys in our movie against the bad guys in our movie and I think the opposite is true unfortunately."
Viggo Mortensen

“The reason that the World Trade Center got hit is because there are a lot of people living in abject poverty out there who don’t have any hope for a better life....I think they [the 19 hijackers] were brave at the very least.”
Ted Turner

"Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq War, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest."
Barack Obama

More people have been arrested, tried, and imprisoned for speaking out (whistle blowing) under the Obama administration, then all prior administrations combined.

"One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown."
Marcy Kaptur- Democratic Representative Ohio

"If the American people fail to impeach George Bush and his principal officials for his war of aggression, the world can only see the American people as either powerless, or supportive of it."

“First and foremost is the idea that we’re going to kill a lot innocent people, that’s what we’re going to do. That’s what we did before and it’s what we’re going to do again. And, the truth is...."
George Clooney

"Sept. 11 "wasn't just Bin Laden. Bin Laden didn't come from the abstract. He came from somewhere, and if you look where ... you'll see America's hand of villainy."
Harry Belafonte

"President Bush is "a dull and rigid man ... whose philosophy is a jumble of badly sutured body parts trying to walk," who is running for president on a platform of tragedy."
Garrison Keillor

"The needless blood on your hands, and therefore, on our own, is drowning the freedom, the security, and the dream that America might have been, once healed of and awakened by, the tragedy of September 11, 2001."
Sean Penn

"He's (Osama bin Laden) been out in these countries for decades, building schools, building roads, building infrastructure, building day-care facilities, building health-care facilities, and these people are extremely grateful. We haven't done that."
Patty Murray- Democratic Senator Washington

"We live in a time with ficticious election results that elect fictious presidents. We live in a time when we have a man sending us to war for fictious reasons. We are against this war Mr. Bush. Shame on you. Shame on you!"
Michael Moore

"What did this administration know and when did it know it, about the events of September 11th? Who else knew, and why did they not warn the innocent people of New York who were needlessly murdered? What do they have to hide?"
Cynthia McKinney- Democrat Congresswoman

"The administration ... decided to launch this invasion virtually alone and before the U.N. inspections were completed - with no real urgency, no evidence that there were any weapons of mass destruction there,"
Bill Clinton

"The people around Bush are deeply committed to dismantling the achievements of popular struggle through the past century no matter what the cost to the general population."
Noam Chomsky

"No matter what the greatest tyrant in the world, the greatest terrorist in the world, George W. Bush says, we're here to tell you: Not hundreds, not thousands, but millions of the American people ... support your revolution,"
Harry Belafonte

"There's basically two principles that define the Bush administration policies: stuff the pockets of your rich friends with dollars and increase your control over the world. Almost everything follows from that."
Noam Chomsky

''We, the United States of America, are culpable in committing so many acts of terror and bloodshed that we had better get a clue about the culture of violence in which we have been active participants.''
Michael Moore

"President Bush insists he decides what is right. He threatens North Korea, Cuba, Syria, Sudan, Venezuela, and most critically at the moment, Iran."

"The ACLU is determined to hold the Bush administration responsible not just for torture and abuse of detainees, but for the many other abuses of power that are taking place in the name of fighting terrorism."
Anthony Romero- Executive Director of the ACLU

"The fact of the matter is that there is no War on Terror. It's a minor consideration. So invading Iraq and taking control of the world's energy resources was way more important than the threat of terror."
Noam Chomsky

"We give an infinitesimal amount of our money to people around the world. I think what people around the world would say is it would take so little for this rich country to help and alleviate so much misery and even that is too much for them. We’re oblivious to suffering.”
Bill Maher

"Our paradigm now seems to be: something terrible happened to us on September 11, and that gives us the right to interpret all future events in a way that everyone else in the world must agree with us. And if they don't, they can go straight to hell."
Bill Clinton

"I would like to apologize for referring to George W. Bush as a "deserter." What I meant to say is that George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a WMD liar and a functional illiterate."
Michael Moore

"On the morning of September 11, 2001, a few more chickens along with some half-million dead Iraqi children came home to roost in a very big way at the twin towers of New York's World Trade Center."
Ward Churchill

"Bush's actions remind me of Herman Goering's quote during the Nuremberg Trials, where he stated: '...it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.'"
Barbra Streisand

"This is a racist and imperialist war. The warmongers who stole the White House (you call them "hawks", but I would never disparage such a fine bird) have hijacked a nation's grief and turned it into a perpetual war on any non-white country they choose to describe as terrorist."
Woody Harrelson

"I worry that some people are entertained by the idea of this war. They don't know anything about the Iraqis, but they're angry and frustrated in their own lives. It's like Germany, before Hitler took over. The economy was bad and people felt kicked around. They looked for a scapegoat. Now we've got a new bunch of Hitlers."
Linda Ronstadt

"I fear that our true motivation is about oil and our own flailing economy; about the failure to destroy Al Qaeda and about revenge. It is criminal to put our servicemen and women in harm's way and to put the lives of so many civilians on the line for the misguided frustrations of the Bush administration.
Dave Matthews

"The lie that brought us into war was that Iraq was a threat to us. Well, now it is a threat. Now it is a terrorist hotbed. The fiction is now reality. And now we have to deal with it. It was an attempt at a corporate takeover. This was about oil. It wasn't about human rights. It's not about human rights."
Janeane Garofalo

"He betrayed this country!... He played on our fears! He took America on an ill-conceived foreign adventure dangerous to our troops, an adventure pre-ordained and planned before 9/11 ever took place!"
Al Gore

"You, Misters Bush and Cheney; you, Ms. Rice, are villainously and criminally obscene people, obscene human beings, incompetent even to fulfill your own self-serving agenda, while tragically neglectful and destructive of ours and our country's."
Sean Penn

"Braided Scoundrel-in-Chief, George Junior, lacking even the sense to be careful what he wished for, has teamed up with a gaggle of fundamentalist Christian clerics like Billy Graham to proclaim a "New Crusade" called "Infinite Justice" aimed at "ridding the world of evil."
Ward Churchill

“I HATE BUSH. I despise him and his entire administration — not only because of its international policy, but also the national......It makes me feel ashamed to come from the United States — it is humiliating.... Bush stole the elections and since then we have all been suffering the consequences,”
Jessica Lange

“Being a man, I’ve got to say that we’ve got this guy in the White House who thinks he is a man, you know, who projects himself as a man because he has a certain masculinity, and he’s a good old boy, and he used to drink, and he knows how to shoot a gun and how to drive a pickup truck, et cetera, like that. That’s not the definition of a man, God dammit!”
Ed Harris

"I believe that the president's leadership in the actions taken in Iraq demonstrate an incompetence in terms of knowledge, judgment and experience in making the decisions that would have been necessary to truly accomplish the mission without the deaths to our troops and the cost to our taxpayers."

“He’s [John Kerry] running against the worst President in the history of the United States! [audience applause] And that’s not hyperbole. That’s not hyperbole. The environment, the demonization of gays, the repression of black voters, the favoritism of Halliburton, this unending war....We can’t consume everybody’s life with this fear when we’ve been attacked twice in twenty years.”
Richard Belzer

"Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me.' That you can have a gay parade on Christopher Street in New York, with naked men and women on a float cheering, 'We're here, we're *****!' -- that's what makes my heart swell. Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked up with pride."
Janeane Garofalo

"Unless you are willing to accept torture as part of a normal American political lexicon, unless you are willing to accept that leaving the Geneva Convention is fine and dandy, if you accept the expansion of wiretapping as business as usual, the only way to express this now is to embrace the difficult and perhaps embarrassing process of impeachment."
Richard Dreyfus

"I believe that the president's leadership in the actions taken in Iraq demonstrate an incompetence in terms of knowledge, judgment and experience in making the decisions that would have been necessary to truly accomplish the mission without the deaths to our troops and the cost to our taxpayers."

"George W. Bush's Ten Commandments: Thou shalt not steal...votes. (big applause) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's...country. (big applause) Thou shalt not kill...for oil. (big applause) Thou shalt not take grammar...in vain. (big applause) I mean, whatever fu--ing happened to separation of church and state? I mean, you can't like, impose your god on my god. God has many names. God is God, God is Jehovah, God is Allah, God is Buddah, God is Beyonce."
Margaret Cho

“I despise him [President George W. Bush]. I despise his administration and everything they stand for....To my mind the election was stolen by George Bush and we have been suffering ever since under this man’s leadership....There has to be a movement now to really oppose what he is proposing because it’s unconstitutional, it’s immoral and basically illegal....It is an embarrassing time to be an American. It really is. It’s humiliating.”
Jessica Lange

"President Bush’s contempt for human rights and civil liberties is unprecedented in the American Presidency. He is not only above international law, he is above the Bill of Rights. He can arrest and detain people worldwide, including U.S. citizens, as enemy combatants. He condones torture. He wiretaps U.S. citizens and foreigners alike without court approval. Proclamations concerning his Presidential powers by his Attorneys General, ******** and Gonzales, have stunned the international community. Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo now symbolize U.S. regard for human dignity. Yet George Bush proclaims himself the champion of freedom and democracy!"

"They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."
John Kerry

Compiled by Thomas George
http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Lib...ident-Bush.htm

Obama isn't treated fairly in many instances, but he's far from being the most criticized. I'd also argue he has the thinnest skin and is the most vindictive of any President in my lifetime, save Nixon.

Last edited by steven_h; 10-13-2013 at 05:46 PM..

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Even that knucklehead rev. wright said that the obama's used his church for political expediency and rarely ever attended services.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:31 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,234,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Awwwww.....such a pity.

OK. I'll wager your sanity.

And by the way, what would it matter if he was Muslim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies