Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times

Advertisements

No big deal to who? Maybe you?! I'd say its a big enough deal that our entire culture and society separates bathroom activities of males and females, so yeah, maybe it is a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I would expect their parents to teach them some manners. I would expect them to know that harassment of anyone is wrong. When that fails I would expect them to know that if they are in the wrong, they will get in trouble.

What is the big deal anyways? In a girls bathroom there are stalls. They aren't walking around with their pants around their ankles. What is seen in a bathroom is the same thing you would see in the halls, fully dressed teens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlanynna View Post
why not make another bathroom, keep everyone comfortable. Is it fair to make the transgender use the same bathroom as girls, so they can and will make fun of him? Should transgender kids be the prototype for equal rights, isnt highschool bad enough? Why dont adults lead by example and make all public bathrooms transgender.
Why don't adults lead by example and teach their children not to make fun of others?

For the record, I respect that the girls felt uncomfortable, but making fun of someone is never the answer. That goes both ways, and whoever was doing the harassing should be disciplined.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:57 PM

241 posts, read 245,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Why don't adults lead by example and teach their children not to make fun of others?

For the record, I respect that the girls felt uncomfortable, but making fun of someone is never the answer. That goes both ways, and whoever was doing the harassing should be disciplined.
well how bout them school systems lately? Think the parents are doing a good job?
should we wait it out and hope parents set better examples for themselves while the All
the kids are left in an awkward situation. Kids didnt even get a vote of their own, just
threw them in there and hoped for the best. Wouldnt a 3'rd bathroom choice have been easier?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:02 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Well you know what? Whatever is going on the school with deal with it. Parents and students will deal with it. Everything else is BS and not your business anyway.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well you know what? Whatever is going on the school with deal with it. Parents and students will deal with it. Everything else is BS and not your business anyway.
its very much my business, I have school kids in elementary, middle and high school. I make it my business, when issues like this impact my children.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlanynna View Post
its very much my business, I have school kids in elementary, middle and high school. I make it my business, when issues like this impact my children.
When (hahaha) your kids get harassed by a transgendered person in a school bathroom it will be your business. Until then you are tilting at windmills and looking foolish. You can't take every issue and unfounded fear you have and place it on your kids and call it rational.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 PM

its a perfectly legitimate concern to have, you may not like it nor do you have to participate in the conversation. I, on the other hand chose to voice my concern, in a civil way and without personal insult regardless of who gets offended ;-)

Old 10-15-2013, 09:59 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
I don't see what the big deal is if we're just talking about the bathroom. The bathroom has stalls and the stalls have doors. The locker room would be another story...I'm not sure how that would work but, that's not ehat's in question in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies